Post by Shoalzie »

Pence to the Phillies

Beltran to the Giants

Jackson, Patterson and Dotel to the Cardinals

Fukodome to the Indians

Gomes to the Nationals

K-Rod to the Brewers

What happens next?

According to Jon Heyman, the Tigers are calling up #1 prospect Jacob Turner...perhaps to showcase him prior to the deadline. Heyman thinks the Tigers are still in the hunt for Ubaldo Jimenez. The Tigers have the bats to contend but I think they need one more starter. Porcello has been great in July...an 8 inning gem last night. Supposedly the Rockies would want Porcello or Scherzer with Turner for Ubaldo.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Trade deadline 2011

Post by jiminphilly »

The Phillies just put the rest of the NL in their rear view mirror with their trade. The glaring offensive weakness of the team was a lack of a power RH bat. That's now gone.

I still have a slight concern with their middle relief. But I don't see them getting Adams at this point.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Rich Harden to the BoSox

BAAAAM.

That locks up the East right there. Interesting to see who they will add tomorrow. Once again, Theo is a witch at the trade deadline. Boston is loaded in the farm system and can mix and match and maybe even raid Seattle for Hernandez but personally I think they'll add another outfielder since Drew is injury-prone and not hitting. Whatever else they add at this point is icing on the cake. Lester coming back will be a bonus in itself.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sucks to be you, Yankee and Tiger fan.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Rich Harden to the BoSox
Ooooops. :lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mike Aviles to the Blowsox. :lol:

I am so glad I won't have to watch that imposter of an MLB player ever wave his bat in futility or botch routine plays in the field in a Royals uniform again. He is seriously the worst player to ever step on a big league field.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

While I can commiserate with Royals fan watching shit players on shit teams, the '10 and '11 Mariners take a back seat to no one when it comes to shit players. Worse yet, you can be a decent player, then sign with the M's, and-just add water-turn to instant shit, aka Chone Figgins, Jack Cust. Of course, what can you say about an organization that would sign Milton Bradley.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

dingus wrote:Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:18 am
0.02 posts per day
:shock: :shock:
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

I am the absolute definition of read more/post damn near not at all. It's probably a good thing.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Sucks to be you, Yankee and Tiger fan.
er, jimenez? :lol: :meds: :lol: :meds: :lol: :? :? :shock: :lol:

cleveland gets to run a has-been ace with a 4.50 era in the national league out there once every 4.5 games. the tigers are playing .500 ball since the start of july and have picked up something like five games on them. if they blow it it's because jim leyland's managing them after the all-star break.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

not to mention the tigers only have 19 games left left against above-.500 competition. 12 of those are against the indians.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Mike Aviles to the Blowsox. :lol:

I am so glad I won't have to watch that imposter of an MLB player ever wave his bat in futility or botch routine plays in the field in a Royals uniform again. He is seriously the worst player to ever step on a big league field.
His homosexual batting stance will pair nicely with Kevin Youkilis.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Bosox also picked up Eric Bedard one of the better lefties when healthy .....everyone lost track of this guy yet Theo has the sense to go "let's add this arm to bolster our staff"....should be interesting to see how he does once he gets a start. Lester just came off the DL and pitched an 8 inning win like it was child's play, and then last night Ellsbury knocks in the game-winner in the bottom of the ninth at Fenway (they should just call it Walk Off Field). August is officially here with Boston steamrolling everyone.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Sucks to be you, Yankee and Tiger fan.
Yeah, nice debut, Ubaldo. Welcome to the American League. I have a feeling I'll wind up being happy the Tigers didn't... *cough*... overspend to sign this guy.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I have a feeling I'll wind up being happy the Tigers didn't... *cough*... overspend to sign this guy.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You're conceding already after one game? :lol:

I was just being an ass.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

IP H R ER BB K HR WHIP Season ERA
U. Jimenez (L, 1-1) 3.1 9 8 8 3 4 2 1.81 7.29

screwy's posted his entire 20s here and has yet to be right about a single thing.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Ubaldo got screwed with Porcello getting a red ass and throwing a purpose pitch at Cabrera for watching a foul ball home run...he basically couldn't throw inside with the threat of being tossed. However, the Tigers were hitting the Indians hard all weekend...beat them 14-2 in the games Friday and Saturday and then get out to a 7-0 lead on Sunday. I don't know how much of a difference it would've made had the warnings not be handed out by the ump following Porcello's Weaver-like tantrum but it's not like Jimenez has been the ace I was thinking he could be fo them. Tomlin and Masterson are their best starting pitchers right now and they've got a solid bullpen.