Go inside the Wild...

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Go inside the Wild...

Post by Left Seater »

Fox Sports and the MN Wild are giving fans an amazing look at what goes on in getting ready for a new season after a disappointing one. In a six part series called Becoming Wild you can follow the off season moves of the Wild as they prepare for the 2011-2012 season. Part 1 of the series focuses on the AHL affiliate of the Wild, the Houston Aeros. The Aeros made it to the Calder Cup Finals and we played hockey in Houston until June 7th.

You don't have to be a Wild fan to enjoy this series. And yes you will catch a few shots of Left Seater in this video. The first few are around the 2:35 mark third row of the bus with full playoff beard, then around the 2:50 mark handing out keys to players as we arrive at the hotel. Plenty of other shots just look for the guy who looks like a Left Tackle and not a Left Winger.

Anyway I was very happy with the crew that shot this and they have to be amazed at the access we gave them.

Would be interested to hear y'alls thoughts from those outside the Wild family.

http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocenter/c ... &id=120513
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Re: Go inside the Wild...

Post by Dr_Phibes »

That was actually a good watch. The environment around the team seemed pretty sterilised, that point really got across. Didn't Geordie, Mark and Marty play for The Aeros at the same time? I remember seeing a photo of that somewhere.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Go inside the Wild...

Post by Left Seater »

Two ways to read that sterile part of your post, so not exactly sure what you meant.

If you mean the team attempts to create a sterile "bubble" around the players as much as possible then you are completely correct. Not too much we can do about flights and the airports since we fly commercial, but from the minute we get on the bus everything else is controlled to some extent. players on the same floor, same side of the elevators, using back enterances of hotels and arenas, meals catered into hotel ballrooms etc. One of the first things I do when we arrive at a hotel is to chat with security about autograph seekers. Some will wait for hours in a hotel lobby or just outside the door and have 50 items for one guy to sign. Some can be very pushy, while others just want to taunt guys and use the autograph as a cover.

If on the other hand you mean we sterizied the footage, not so much. We did ask they not film two things but everything else was cool. Cameras in the pre game meetings, locker rooms etc.

And you are correct about Geordie and his boys, that was back in the 70's in the old WHL.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.