Polara Golf Ball

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Polara Golf Ball

Post by indyfrisco »

http://www.polaragolf.com/

I must admit, I am intrigued. I had not heard of this until today. I ordered a dozen off ebay. I plan on taking these to the course for just a test round. I'm guessing the ball doesn't go very far, but if you have to hit a longer iron into the green, knowing it will go pretty straight, what's the big deal? I'll post my review here later. Ultimately, especially on the course I normally play, being able to "work" the ball around doglegs is a must. Still, I gotta see if this is horseshit or not.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: Polara Golf Ball

Post by The Seer »

Well.....?

Don't feel bad. You're not the 1st person ever to buy a piece of golf equipment/ball that was the next greatest invention.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Polara Golf Ball

Post by indyfrisco »

Actually, I forgot about this thread.

The Polara definitely works as advertised. I have tried to hook the crap out of it, and it hooked maybe 10 yards. I have also tried to slice the shit out of it and it was about the same. The "self correcting" ball flight is true. However, the distance is really bad should you hook or slice as I predicted above.

I am used to driving a Pro V1 300+ yards. When I hit the Polara on the screws with not much hook/slice, it behaved normally like a hard ball. When I put a slight draw swing where I would expect 20 or so yards of draw, it corrected a bit but the trajectory dropped big time as well as the distance. On the duck hook swing, it simply would go about 180 yards and dive down in the fairway and roll to about 210 yards.

So, think about it...would you rather be 210 yards in the fairway or 280 yards in the trees/rough/lake?

It was an interesting experiment. I still keep a couple sleeves in my bag when I am playing with my drinking/golfing buddies. The closest to pin and long drive that has to be in the fairway competitions are fun with these. We always play one ball of our own and one of the Polara balls. Makes it a little more fun.

In conclusion, I think it is a fun ball to dick around with, but I would never play a ball that I couldn't "work" left or right when needed. Sometimes, fading a ball into the back right corner of a green is needed and the only way to play it. This ball does not allow for such precision. For the weekend hacker, it's a great buy to get them a little more interested and less disheartened if they are a banana slicer.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...