crawfish etouffee

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: crawfish etouffee

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jsc810 wrote:Serves 4 as an Appetizer or 2 as a large entree.
2lbs of crawfish serves 2 people?!? No wonder America's so fat.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Serves 4 as an Appetizer or 2 as a large entree.
2lbs of crawfish serves 2 people?!? No wonder America's so fat.

Yeah, but they're small crawfish.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'd like to try this out. Not sure, though, if I can find any crawfish tail meat around here, OR the garlic sauce. When you buy the crawfish meat is it fresh? frozen? cooked or uncooked? I wonder if shrimp or lobster would make a decent substitute. I've seen whole crawfish at the seafood counter on occasion but never the meat. I don't want to sit around all afternoon shelling those things. How much do they cost down there?

One more question - what's Creole boiled rice? Is is rice boiled with a Creole?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote:I wonder if shrimp or lobster would make a decent substitute.
Absolutely. Use this recipe, though. I've made it before and it's excellent.

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2006/12/28/s ... ee-recipe/
One more question - what's Creole boiled rice? Is is rice boiled with a Creole?
It's cooked more like you would cook pasta. 1 quart of water to 1 cup of rice, a tbs of white vinegar and two or three fresh bay leaves. Give it one stir when you first add the rice then boil partially covered for about 10-12 minutes. The goal is something like "al dente rice."
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote: I just used chicken broth instead of crawfish stock.
You gotta try some of this next time. They have great products and all natural ingredients. Good stuff.

http://www.morethangourmet.com/our-prod ... food-stock

And I also added some garlic sauce:

Y'all need to check that stuff out, goes good on a lot of things, pretty much anytime you use garlic you can use it.
I've never seen that out here, but I've seen an Asian spicy garlic sauce that looks similar in color.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Probably easier for JSC to get crawfish, since Louisiana produces something like 98% of the country's commercial crawfish, or some such shit.

And my neck of the woods produces just about all the rest.

That said -- you couldn't pay to eat (another) one. I could walk down the street and catch pounds of them in pretty short order... but I won't.

Although I've thought about getting licensed and harvesting them -- getting liquored up in a little boat (big crime here, actually) and pulling up traps all day doesn't sound like a bad way to make some bucks on days off. Then, I look at the commercial crawfishermen I meet, and I remember why I don't do it... I don't want to be one of them. I'm guessing it might be the same deal in Louisiana -- I believe in order to become a crawfisherman, you have to have sex with a member of your immediate family in front of the licensing board... some serious yokels doing that shit.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I've got a helluva crawfish etoufee recipe at home, but it has like 50 ingredients so I can't remember it all. Might try to get it some other time. I do know it starts off with 4 sticks of butter, but it makes enough for a potluck dinner.

As for crawfish tail meat, I always buy this stuff. Tastes great. Put the whole thing in including the fat drippings.

Also, when I make my etoufee, I also add shrimp, crab, baby scallops and clams so I call it Seafood Etoufee.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...