"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: just got an indoor grill

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How much did it cost?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

That thing looks like it would be good for paninis. I wouldn't use an electric grill for anything I want "grilled", but that's just me.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mikey wrote:I wouldn't use an electric grill for anything I want "grilled", but that's just me.
This...for me as well.

However, I can't stand beer/music/food/etc. snobs so rack your purchase. Anything that keeps you cooking at home vs. eating a brown bag meal is a good thing. No recipe this second, but I would say take Mikey's cue and make a helluva grilled cheese sammy on that thing.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

when I grill indoors I just use one of these
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I just use my broiler as an indoor grill.

I'll never hate on a quality panini press though.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

While we rarely get any bigtime humidity -- I've yet to experience a dy that was either too hot or cold to cook outside.

Although firing up the smoker during a record-setting (for the date) rainstorm last winter was a bit of a challenge, since the carport was occupied, and the sun-umbrella thing was stowed away.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:While we rarely get any bigtime humidity -- I've yet to experience a dy that was either too hot or cold to cook outside.

Although firing up the smoker during a record-setting (for the date) rainstorm last winter was a bit of a challenge, since the carport was occupied, and the sun-umbrella thing was stowed away.
You're gonna like this, Dins. Friend of mine from GR is about to get the fuck out of Portland. Told me on Saturday that he can't stand the weather and the lack of seasons. Which is why he's either giving his band a final go-round in SO CAL or moving back to Michigan.

Lotta my friends contemplating moving back home now. I just got started out here.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Told me on Saturday that he can't stand the weather and the lack of seasons.

RACK Mother Nature. She gave us our two worst/longest stretches of rainy weather in consecutive years in recorded history, which is sending a few transplants packing.

In the last ~18 months, while we've only broken total rainfall records for individual days, we broke every record for extended misery they could come up with.

Longest stretch without a 60 degree day, latest into a year without 60, latest without 70, almost broke the record for deepest into the year without 80, but last year beat it by a week, longest stretch without two consecutive precipitation-free days ever....justa whole buncha records fell.

Great timing -- weeding out some pussies, who are taking the coffee shop jobs from the locals.

Probbly by next year (even starting about now, now that La Nena is FINALLY over), we'll get back to the 2.5-3months of winter misery, and the utopian weather the rest of the year.

But yeah, there's pretty much 2 seasons -- Rainforest Season, and Sahara Season.

As far as bands -- they're a dime-a-dozen here. The good ones get recognition (the really good ones get famous, a track record that's well-proven), the lame wannabes end up laying crummy taverns. I don't think SoCal is much different in that regard, either.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:RACK Mother Nature. She gave us our two worst/longest stretches of rainy weather in consecutive years in recorded history, which is sending a few transplants packing.

In the last ~18 months, while we've only broken total rainfall records for individual days, we broke every record for extended misery they could come up with.
Yep. That's exactly what he said.
As far as bands -- they're a dime-a-dozen here. The good ones get recognition (the really good ones get famous, a track record that's well-proven), the lame wannabes end up laying crummy taverns. I don't think SoCal is much different in that regard, either.
Of course. I think he's just trying to hold on to the dream. Dude is a successful bootstraps entrepreneur (did a good window washing business in PDX) but he's never going to be super rich (neither will I). I think the SO CAL jaunt is him trying to give something a shot before he turns 30.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:RACK Mother Nature. She gave us our two worst/longest stretches of rainy weather in consecutive years in recorded history, which is sending a few transplants packing.

Yep. That's exactly what he said.

We hope the all judge the weather here based on two super-abnormal years, and hit the road.

Although, the slight warmup of late sure has the gangbangers going nuts -- bullets flowing like wine lately. 4 drivebyes in the last 3 days... one of them a few blocks from here (the OL's house).

It's been so many years since we've had spring flooding (it's very minor), I can't even rememer thelast time it happened. Lots of land being underwater is commonplace in December/January... June, not so much.

The salmon are loving it, though.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:he's never going to be super rich (neither will I).
Jizz-moppers need a good strong union. You wouldn't get rich, but you could be comfortable.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
The salmon are loving it, though.
But, how do they taste cooked on a panini press?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:The good ones get recognition (the really good ones get famous, a track record that's well-proven), the lame wannabes end up laying crummy taverns. I don't think SoCal is much different in that regard, either.
Or, anywhere.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:The good ones get recognition (the really good ones get famous, a track record that's well-proven), the lame wannabes end up laying crummy taverns. I don't think SoCal is much different in that regard, either.
Or, anywhere.

Form a band, and play your ass off in Wyoming and se how that works for you.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Or, anywhere.

Oh, dude -- we totally agree. New Mexico rules!

Sin,
The Shins

BTW-I could do this forever. Bad take.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:
Or, anywhere.

Form a band, and play your ass off in Wyoming and se how that works for you.
Anywhere that has an actual music scene...is what I meant. But that should've been without saying.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Anywhere that has an actual music scene...is what I meant. But that should've been without saying.

Fair enough -- but it seems that most of the bands that make out OK seem to come from the usual places (even if they move there): LA, SF, Portland, Seattle, Austin, NY (although for its size and population, you'd think there'd be a much higher number from NY), etc.

BTW-Screwey should tell his friends to get down to the Waterfront this evening. The big guns come on at 6:15 (I think). Should be the best show you'll ever see for $5. Usually when there's name-bands playing the park that's adjacent to the downtown business district right after most people get out of work, it gets pretty packed, but the crowds are generally really polite (probably due to being so stoned).
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Dinsdale wrote:While we rarely get any bigtime humidity -- I've yet to experience a dy that was either too hot or cold to cook outside.

That'll rack. We got a about a foot-and-a-half of snow late one Christmas eve a couple of years ago, and I spent the wee early morning hours digging out my smoker before I could fire up that bad boy to kick out its usual killer turkey, brisket, and ribs.

Speaking of smokers...

Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5

Dropped by the Westlake a couple weeks back in search of applewood logs and saw this hawg parked on the showroom floor. My trusty ol' Weber 18 is almost old enough to buy its own healthcare insurance. If this new smoker barbecues anywhere near as well as its little brother, the sheer capacity of this giant alone has me seriously thinking that it might just be time to trade up.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Truman wrote:Dropped by the Westlake a couple weeks back in search of applewood logs

Apple... from a store?

I suppose if I really wanted mesquite, I'd be in the same boat.

But apple is pretty much a weed here.

Lately, I've been going with cherry and plum -- since that's the trees that have been pruned lately.

I'll tell you what -- sometimes end up with some walnut branches, I believe it's English Walnut... and that shit is almost sickeningly sweet when it burns... but not to the meat.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:Lately, I've been going with cherry and plum -- since that's the trees that have been pruned lately.
I fully admit to not being a green thumb and being able to identify trees. Buddy of mine said that this tree that fell in my woods was a wild cherry tree. Hell yeah I thought. I chopped it up with the chainsaw and put it on the wood rack to dry. Made my first batch of turkey breast with that cherry a few weeks ago. Tasted like I was eating out of an ashtray. I only smoked the turkey for 1 hour with the "cherry" wood and then finished it off with just charcoal. That ain't fucking cherry wood I'm thinking. I plan to use the rest of that "cherry" wood on the fire pit come Fall.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Dinsdale wrote:
Truman wrote:Dropped by the Westlake a couple weeks back in search of applewood logs

Apple... from a store?

I suppose if I really wanted mesquite, I'd be in the same boat.

But apple is pretty much a weed here.

Lately, I've been going with cherry and plum -- since that's the trees that have been pruned lately.

I'll tell you what -- sometimes end up with some walnut branches, I believe it's English Walnut... and that shit is almost sickeningly sweet when it burns... but not to the meat.
Yup. From a store. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve kept the apple trees growing on my bud’s place pretty well thinned out over the years, but if you’re in a hurry and looking for cured and seasoned logs in a wide variety of scents and flavors, then Westlake’s is your best go. Only place ‘round here that carries deece alder wood, too.

Oh, and rack the walnut. Same bud knocked down one of those trees on his place a few years back, and we liked to’ve gorged ourselves silly on briskets slow smoked over walnut-and-lump mixed fires...

Had an aunt drop off a bundle of crabapple wood recently that she had just pruned from her tree... I didn’t have the heart to tell her that that shit wasn’t gonna get anywhere near a decent chunk of meat. Wound up burning it in a barrel out back. Hot burning, bitter, and nasty.