Josh Beckett- Cy Young

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Josh Beckett- Cy Young

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

That's what- three straight starts where hitters are basically quitting up there at the plate. A near no-hitter last time up. This is like '07 when he single-handedly cornholed the Rockies in the WS. Has there ever been a pitcher to win three WS MVPs? Beckett could be the first. He's Cy Young worthy this year and with Dike-K coming on strong, and the rest of that rotation setting up, it will only take less pressure off him as the bonifide Ace of the staff. His velocity is back to blistering speed and he's fooling hitters with off speed shit. It's a marvel just to sit back and watch this dude blow hitters away.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Josh Beckett- Cy Young

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:That's what- three straight starts where hitters are basically quitting up there at the plate. A near no-hitter last time up. This is like '07 when he single-handedly cornholed the Rockies in the WS. Has there ever been a pitcher to win three WS MVPs? Beckett could be the first. He's Cy Young worthy this year and with Dike-K coming on strong, and the rest of that rotation setting up, it will only take less pressure off him as the bonifide Ace of the staff. His velocity is back to blistering speed and he's fooling hitters with off speed shit. It's a marvel just to sit back and watch this dude blow hitters away.
Just wait till the blisters kick in.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Weaver has it locked up if he keeps at it.

FUCK BECKETT.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I just don't get beckett. he seems to alternate between best pitcher in the game and mediocre every few years. has there been enyone else with these sort of back and forth swings. and it isn't necessarily a health thing as far as i know. just seems like some years he's got his head into the game, others he doesn't.

bipolar, maybe?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:bipolar, maybe?
Nah, just lazy.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

smackaholic wrote:I just don't get beckett. he seems to alternate between best pitcher in the game and mediocre every few years.
His ERA when Varitek catches him is about 1.5 pts lower than when someone else (V-Mart, Salty) catches him the last 3 years. Tek is his funking binky. So even though dude is batting .074 this year, you'll notice that he's been getting the majority of the starts lately... which has also coincided with the starters pitching pretty awesome.

The V-Factor has a lot to do with this phenomenon you point out, last year's injury notwithstanding.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:I just don't get beckett. he seems to alternate between best pitcher in the game and mediocre every few years. has there been enyone else with these sort of back and forth swings. and it isn't necessarily a health thing as far as i know. just seems like some years he's got his head into the game, others he doesn't.
Which is one reason the BloSux have the most overrated starting rotation in baseball. I'm not terribly impressed with anyone in that rotation except for Lester.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:the BloSux have the most overrated starting rotation in baseball. I'm not terribly impressed with anyone in that rotation except for Lester.
Lackey, Buckholtz, Dice-K is getting it together too. Best 5 in baseball.

Beckett is going to clown the Orioles tonight....he's been going 8-9 innings....I expect more of the same tonight unless they blow up with a 10-0 lead and let some slappy finish it off in the 6th inning.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I heard the most ridiculous theory about Dice-K's struggles on TK yesterday. Supposedly, in Japan, it's considered "skilled" to get up 0-2 on a hitter, then let him get back up to 3-2 before striking him out. Which, supposedly, is a reason why Dice-K is having such problems getting hitters out. I just think it's because he's your run-of-the-mill overpaid, mediocre and lazy Boston signing, but what-the-fuck-ever.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

smackaholic wrote: has there been enyone else with these sort of back and forth swings.
First name that popped into my head was Bret Saberhagen.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I heard the most ridiculous theory about Dice-K's struggles on TK yesterday. Supposedly, in Japan, it's considered "skilled" to get up 0-2 on a hitter, then let him get back up to 3-2 before striking him out. Which, supposedly, is a reason why Dice-K is having such problems getting hitters out. I just think it's because he's your run-of-the-mill overpaid, mediocre and lazy Boston signing, but what-the-fuck-ever.
This is a crock of shit. Where did you hear this? And what makes you think Dice K routinely gets up to 0-2 in the count?

The really good pitchers hit the corners. This guy hits just outside the corners on just about every pitch and hopes the batter thinks it's close enough.

I'd take at least the first two pitches if I ever faced this asshat.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bob Ryan said it yesterday on Kornheiser's local show here.

http://www.espn980.com/audiovault/#

Hour 2, go to 11:00 and he starts talking about it.