Fuck the proposed expanded playoffs

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Fuck the proposed expanded playoffs

Post by Screw_Michigan »

After the great idea of selling one of baseball's most storied franchises to the McCourts (another reminder, guys: don't get married), Bud decides it would be a great idea to add another round to the playoffs. You know, so they can almost guarantee the Yankees and Blo Sux make it in every season. Of course, Bud couches it as just a one-game playoff series, but we all know that basically makes playing 162 games pointless if you are just going to let teams into the playoffs and play a first-round game 163.

Go fuck yourself, Bud.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Fuck the proposed expanded playoffs

Post by BSmack »

If they reduced the regular season to 154 games an extra playoff round would be bearable. Otherwise it is a bullshit idea.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

The GD season is already long enough. Throw in more playoffs and the season won't be over until Thanksgiving.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Screw_Michigan wrote:You know, so they can almost guarantee the Yankees and Blo Sux make it in every season.
Wouldn't there be a "#1 seed" thing where they have a bye? That way the Sox wouldn't have to worry about a one game playoff especially the way that dominant rotation is set up for least the next five years crusing to East titles. It's teams like the Blue Jays who would squeeze in and maybe win that first round game and set up an easy exit in the Div. Series vs. Bawston and Captain Varitek.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Realignment and the addition of the wild card was probably Bud's best move as commish...you can't screw that up. Next to college football, baseball's regular season is the most important...at least the last couple months are.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Realignment was gax.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.