Brent's BBQ Cheddar Steakburger w/ Grilled Mushroom & Onion

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Brent's BBQ Cheddar Steakburger w/ Grilled Mushroom & Onion

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, sorry to hear I hurt so many pussies in the 5 Guys thread, but this is realy my burger. I didn't just post that as trying to be "pretentious" (nice edit Goober, btw ;) .)

As for charcoal grilling tonight, it's been raining cats and dogs all day in the midwest. My aunt called with a skype issue and came over for me to fix as her kid is in France for the next 3 months. So, I did the ultimate sin...used the grill pan. Hey, it was 9:00 PM EST when she left. I had the patty all made up and ready to grill, but with the rain and the time, I just grilled it on the grill pan.

So, here's the PET I said I'd deliver earlier today. Luckily, I made 3 1/2 lb. patties so I can char-grill the other two in the next couple days.

First things first...the sirloin and ribeyes.

Cut up and into the Kitchen Aid grinder

Grinding away

All ground up

Patties all formed

On the grill pan with a little EVOO

Grease splash screen and some warm-up on the whole wheat bun

Grilled onions and baby bella mushrooms with butter and S&P

Coming along...moved the bun to the grill pan to toast. Normally, this is a flame-kiss on the grill.

Threw another slice of sharp cheddar on the onions nd mushrooms.

Almost done.

Brent's BBQ Sauce Cheddar Steakburger with Grilled Mushrooms and Onions

Hate on...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Brent's BBQ Cheddar Steakburger w/ Grilled Mushroom & On

Post by MuchoBulls »

Didn't you mean EDT?

In all seriousness, that looks pretty damn good.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

no hating here. that looks damn tasty.

the point most of us were making is that that damn burger would have likely tasted just as good if it were straight sirloin. hell a dog turd wit sauteed onions, shrooms and some good sharp cheddah would be tasty.

excellent pics, anyhoo. rack it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

smackaholic wrote:the point most of us were making is that that damn burger would have likely tasted just as good if it were straight sirloin.
Sirloin would dry too quickly. The point was that the same burger nirvana would've been achieved with quality chuck. Mashing up a rib-eye into ground beef is viewed as burger hubris. Tasty, tasty, burger hubris.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RJack -- try some cheap-beef, high fat shit on your smoker. Kind of overkill, and much work for a few burger patties, but oh-so good.

I think that's my evening plan (along with homemade buns) -- give them about 2 hours at 225, or thereabouts.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Oh believe me, smoked hamburgers are on the agenda. Just need enough of a group to warrant the effort, as my wife doesn't do the red meat. Point being, it sounds like a sure fire winner, but I'm not going to take that much time for just myself.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

R-Jack wrote: Tasty, tasty, burger hubris.
Tasty as a ribeye steak? I don't think so.

I will go ahead and flatly declare that prime chuck will taste every bit as good as prime ribeye when ground into hamburger. You aren't going to get a discernibly better burger by destroying a premium cut of beef. You're working against the law of diminishing returns. Once you run the shit through the grinder the only thing that matters is the fat content and the grade of the cut.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

R-Jack wrote:Point being, it sounds like a sure fire winner, but I'm not going to take that much time for just myself.

Pretty much the deal.

I've made it for 2 (more than once), and it's a great excuse to hang around outsife at the pyromania-cooker while drinking entirely too many beers and working on the yard a little (and I mean "little").

The smoker has a universal theme -- I'm always a few degrees more well-done than the food that comes out of it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one