How the f*&$ did VCU lose all these games?

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

How the f*&$ did VCU lose all these games?

Post by Degenerate »

They can play small, they can play big.
They can run, they can play halfcourt.
They jump passing lanes, they play physical.

It helps KU missed a zillion shots, but the first two minutes aside, VCU was in their heads from the get-go.

Remind me which team was supposed to be used to these situations?

Serious props.

And half of me would have been rooting for Butler, anyway. Fuck it.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: How the f*&$ did VCU lose all these games?

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

well I am certain Jay Bilas will be on air to congratulate the VCU Rams...kind of validates the committee's selection of them...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Colonial league is a meatgrider, D.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

in the immortal words of Ricardo Patton, when you knock down shots, the game is easy.

EAD Kansas. no Sudden Sam conference love here.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Very physical game, Kansas is used to being the bully but VCU went toe to toe with them from the start and never backed down. Even after the T-foul and the lead down to 2 they never lost their composure or aggressiveness.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:Very physical game, Kansas is used to being the bully but VCU went toe to toe with them from the start and never backed down. Even after the T-foul and the lead down to 2 they never lost their composure or aggressiveness.
VCU is very well coached and played balls to the wall for 40 minutes. The pressure D wore down KU and they couldn't hit a perimeter shot to save their soul. Props to VCU.

Now I hope that UNC will shove a large cock up Calipari's ass.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

AMAZING listening to Kevin Harlan do the play-by-play. The "Consummate Professional" descriptive just doesn't cut it. Cat had to have been dyin' inside - Kansas is his Alma Mater, after all - but you never would've known it listening to his broadcast. Truly the best in the business.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

where the fukk did these guys come from? that colonial conference must be a damn meatgrinder!!!!

i can easily see these guys running the table. and if uconn doesn't win it, i hope they do.

wonder if anyone in the universe had butler/vcu in the FF?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I've posted this in a couple other threads, but I have a close friend on the VCU staff and am absolutely ecstatic for this upcoming Final Four. They have the horses not only to beat Butler but to win it all. The CAA is a very underrated league-- Old Dominion, GMU, Hofstra all play tough ball. Hell, ODU beat VCU by double digits in Richmond this year! And arguably gave Butler its toughest game of the tourney so far.

Me and a bunch of my high school buddies are all flying down to Houston at the end of the week. It's gonna be like Spring Break all over again! :D
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:wonder if anyone in the universe had butler/vcu in the FF?
2 entries (out of 5.9 million) in ESPN's bracket contest had the final four picked correctly.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Goober McTuber wrote:
smackaholic wrote:wonder if anyone in the universe had butler/vcu in the FF?
2 entries (out of 5.9 million) in ESPN's bracket contest had the final four picked correctly.
What!?! That's two more than I would have guessed...
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

ROCK CHOKE JAYHAWK, FUKK ku

1990: #2 seed ku loses to UCLA in 2nd round (after almost losing to Robert Morris in Rd. 1)
1992: #1 seed ku loses to UTEP in 2nd round
1998: #1 seed ku loses to Rhode Island in 2nd round
2005: #3 seed ku loses to Bucknell in 1st round
2006: #4 seed ku loses to Bradely in 1st round
2010: #1 seed ku loses to Northern Iowa in 2nd round

Now losing to a #11 seed in regional final.

of course they were national champs in 2008....
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Truman wrote:AMAZING listening to Kevin Harlan do the play-by-play. The "Consummate Professional" descriptive just doesn't cut it. Cat had to have been dyin' inside - Kansas is his Alma Mater, after all - but you never would've known it listening to his broadcast. Truly the best in the business.

I listened to the game on the drive back home from CT yesterday... I believe his voice changed significantly when VCU scored or did well. His delivery was Gus Johnson-esque. I had no idea he was a Kansas grad, but it all makes sense now. He was yelling because he was fucking pissed. :lol:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I listened to the Harlan call as well since I had to drive to Indy to pick up the family from the airport. I am just glad we weren't playing a drinking game for every time he said the players on both sides were exhausted or I wouldn't have been able to drive. It was a decent call of the game but I was getting "exhausted" listening to his overreaction to trivial things.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...