Mike Anderson to Arkansas( done deal)

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Mike Anderson to Arkansas( done deal)

Post by Adelpiero »

this is KU fans worst nightmare. They raped Mike Andersons,"System". No more 25+ point losses in Lowrents.

I have always been a MA supporter, but this finally was the straw that broke the camels back. Enough, he doesn't want to be at MU, fine, then go.

You could understand his 1st flirtation with georgia, it got him a pay raise.
You could not understand the 2nd(oregon) a dookie program, if he took it, it would clearly be a $$$ grab. And MU fans got a little pissed at it, they could understand top gigs, but not a mediocre program, at best.
Now, the Arkansas shit, Go to Arkansas MA, and good luck.

Delirious MU fans will bring up richmond coach, Shaka, Stevens, etc. And even some idiots will bring up Kim Anderson.

Best choice would be Stallings from Vandy, or Buzz from Marquette. Stallings has major roots in midwest(collinsville grad, across river from st.louis), coached in Midwest, illinois st and asst coach at Kansas, and he's gone as far as he can at Vandy. Unlike the other SEC schools, they actually have academic requirements. This could be his career destination, place he calls home for good.

Plus, Stevens is waiting for Indiana job, it's his dream job. Which is why he signed that long deal at Butler, so he doesn't have to worry, till that job opens. And Mooney will be waiting for a big East coast gig to open up.

There is, from reports, a 5% chance MA stays, like Pat Forde said, MA, time to go, take the arky gig. You don't want to be here, so go.
Last edited by Adelpiero on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Re: Mike Anderson to Arkansas(supposed to be done deal)

Post by Degenerate »

Adelpiero wrote:this is KU fans worst nightmare.
I thought Quin Snyder leaving was a KU fan's worst nightmare?

I hope you get Stallings, because I don't think much of him at all. If the fans could get over the stench of having a "KU guy" on the sideline, why not make a run at Turgeon with all that Wal-Mart cash?

You ready for Derby Prep season, Adel? I ain't watched shit. All i hear is Uncle Mo, but I'm not paying attention. TVG barely cracks my channel-surfing rotation these days.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Degenerate wrote:

I hope you get Stallings, because I don't think much of him at all. If the fans could get over the stench of having a "KU guy" on the sideline, why not make a run at Turgeon with all that Wal-Mart cash?

You ready for Derby Prep season, Adel? I ain't watched shit. All i hear is Uncle Mo, but I'm not paying attention. TVG barely cracks my channel-surfing rotation these days.
I hope uncle Moe wins for fun in every prep. No way he gets an easy lead, or is able to stay that close. i could see Baffert or Lukas putting in a super rabbit to soften the first 8 horses up. Uncle Moe if he wins for fun again will be 6/5 or even 7/5

My choices are : Stallings, Anthony Grant(MU job is better than Bama job), Buzz, etc

Anderson could still be MU coach, but how can any recruit go to MU? He threatens to leave every year.

PS St.Louis had 2 5 star recruits, and MU is not getting any. Then add in Porter(could be better than beal and mclemore) from southern Missouri, who KU is making a late run for. Besides the system, why would you go? The coach is looking to bolt every season!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Degenerate wrote:

I actually watch HRTV, they have all of the top tracks. I watch TVG for hawthorne and Fairmount park on tuesdays.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

too bad Tigers. kinda sucks. i'm a MA fan. i knew the money would be big big big...but, i thought he'd stay at MU.

fan of Stallings, too. i'd rather see him stay at Vandy, but that would be a good get.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

King Crimson wrote:too bad Tigers. kinda sucks. i'm a MA fan. i knew the money would be big big big...but, i thought he'd stay at MU.

fan of Stallings, too. i'd rather see him stay at Vandy, but that would be a good get.

He left for 200K more. And everyone liked MA, thought he was a nice guy, but he looks to be more of a snake than he led on to be. His players found out last. And it sounds like they arent that sad he's gone.

Have to think the presseys are gone. Kind of screwd his best buddy, has his sons go to MU and he bolts after their first season. Now they have to sit out.

Let's add, nothing is official, and he has asked to talk to Arkansas. If your Alden, you really cannot move first and fire the guy, then your paying him to coach at Arkansas. Slimeball Alden in a pickle!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Degenerate wrote:
Nope. Quin managed to beat KU on occasion. A 2-14 regular season record in the XII at 1.5M per would be good for a five-year run for any Mizzou coach - As long as both wins came against Kansas.
...If the fans could get over the stench of having a "KU guy" on the sideline, why not make a run at Turgeon with all that Wal-Mart cash?
That's like suggesting that a two star Russian general assume the chairmanship of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.[/projectile vomiting]

Five words: Ain't never gonna happen. Ever.

Regardless, Turg wouldn't come anyway.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

A weird rumor that some Sports reporters in the know are hearing, is Painter will make a play for MU gig, with the main reason being , to get a raise. He's making 1.3million, and with Anderson getting 2.2, you have to think painter will use that and MU opening to get a better and bigger contract out of purdue.

I like Grant from Bama, He is the reason VCU is where they are. Shaka is reaping the benefits of What grant started.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

I will always appreciate Mike Anderson for rescuing the Missouri program from the Quin Snyder, Fukushima Daiichi #4-type meltdown that was Mizzou basketball.

HOWEVER...

I will not miss MA's 40-minutes-of-undefended-backdoor-cuts style of defense, or his inability to lock the recruiting borders - specifically, St. Louis. That town is thick with Brothers that can flat-out ball, and they ALL play their game elsewhere. At least the talent in KC, for the most part, has grown up with an appreciation for State U.

I think we've also been missing the mid-Missouri element: Big, thick, raw-bone, (white) small-town Missouri kids that can scratch the three and make you pay every time you try to bring your shit inside.

The Mizzou job really ain't rocket surgery: Just beat Kansas at home. And mixing in a conference championship every-third year doesn't suck either. What we DON'T do is expect Final Fours... We've never been there. A trip there would be a bonus for any coach that takes this job.

What we DO expect from our coach is to beat Kansas semi-regularly. Anderson never could. The writing was on the wall, and he was smart to leave: Another 0-2 vs. Kansas next year would've seen torch-wielding villagers at the gates.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Have heard the name Tubby Smith kicked around, 'del. What do you think? Fucker would give Uncle Bill something to think about....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

so, what's going to happen to Melvin Watkins? the owner of the only 0-16 Big XII conference record who has been sitting on the MU bench for both Quin and MA....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Truman wrote:Have heard the name Tubby Smith kicked around, 'del. What do you think? Fucker would give Uncle Bill something to think about....
Nah, i would like Tubby Smith, pre Kentucky, The Tubby Smith, now, pass!

Grant from bama
Fox from georgia
ETC

No on Kim Anderson, i'll throw up if they go with Norm Stewart light.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

King Crimson wrote:so, what's going to happen to Melvin Watkins? the owner of the only 0-16 Big XII conference record who has been sitting on the MU bench for both Quin and MA....
No one knows

Oh yeah, Larry Brown wants to come back and coach for a few years, i bet the beakers would love that. Brown might be one of worst when it comes to arriving and leaving, but he could always coach college bball.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Adelpiero wrote:
Truman wrote:Have heard the name Tubby Smith kicked around, 'del. What do you think? Fucker would give Uncle Bill something to think about....
Nah, i would like Tubby Smith, pre Kentucky, The Tubby Smith, now, pass!

Grant from bama
Fox from georgia
ETC

No on Kim Anderson, i'll throw up if they go with Norm Stewart light.
Every third caller on the local blowtorch wants Sunny. As in Jon, not Bob.

And put Alden in the inenviable position of firing a Legend someday?! :meds:

Gotta admit, I like Tad Boyle - even if he is a Beaker (KU pre-dynasty).
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I haven't seen where this is a done deal yet. But if it is, they could do worse than go after Cuonzo Martin.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

this stinks but I'm cool with it. Anderson's team was turrible this year. I didn't watch an entire game during Big 12 play it was so bad.

6th place in the big 12 shouldn't net you the 8th most lucrative contract.

the comments about Quin are misplaced. the only thing Quin's successor had to do is not do coke and manage not to fuck the player's girlfriends. I'm guessing every coach in Div 1 not named Eustacy managed that.

Kim English was talking about people quitting on the team late in the year. Maybe he was talking about the Coach and not merely Ratliffe?

Hope Flip Pressey doesn't go to Arkansas with him. Hope he stays and has a coach teach him when to turn off the playground ball. Uncle Mike sure didn't try.

Funny that St. Louis product BJ Young went to Arkansas after MA didn't give him a look. And now MA is his coach. Hope he opts out. And since Pressey is a point guard, too, he may fall to the Ronnie Wingo situation where an Arkansas promise is revoked to a St. Louis boy.

lots of seniors in next year's class. kind of a rotten senior season for them. even though these kids ain't really students and the athletics has little to do with my education there, I still feel bad for the kids who have to motivate themselves without a father figure.

got a friend at the Daily Racing form. He talks about Uncle Mo a lot, as well.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Re: Mike Anderson to Arkansas( done deal)

Post by Degenerate »

Larry Brown's always a possibility to coach a team he hasn't already coached yet.

If y'all want to go the ex-player route, Larry Drew >> Jon Sundvold.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

My updated list:

Grant(bama) he got a big raise to 1.8? mil, MU would have to put him near 2.0mil to 2.1
Rose(BYU) Has ties to state of tejas, would help in recruiting
Stallings(vandy) i think he's maxed out the Vandy program, has roots to st.louis metro area.
Fox(georgia) Another coach who is turning a program around

Just say no list:
Kim Anderson
Scott Sutton
Gregory(dayton)
Shaka(VCU) lets see in 2 years, when Grants kids are gone.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Well, since we're compiling a wish list...

THIS guy.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Was thinking the same thing last night watching Butler dismantle Wisky.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

I told you about the Painter talk, about him being interested, if MU job came open.

My sources say, It's close to being done. MU has already received permission to talk to Painter, and rumor is, 7 years 2mil per.

Sounds like Purdue just wont give the money, and Painter and the AD arent exactly buddies. Rumor says it will be announced Mon or tuesday. we'll see
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Adelpiero wrote:A weird rumor that some Sports reporters in the know are hearing, is Painter will make a play for MU gig, with the main reason being , to get a raise. He's making 1.3million, and with Anderson getting 2.2, you have to think painter will use that and MU opening to get a better and bigger contract out of purdue.

I like Grant from Bama, He is the reason VCU is where they are. Shaka is reaping the benefits of What grant started.
My sources were 2 for 2 friday.

too bad they were wrong about MU to big10. but i stil lsay, Delaney knew if MU and Nubs left, Big12 collapses and rest go to sec and pac10 or independent. they could not absorb 2 of top 4 tv markets gone, then add in nubs tvs and national exposure. He did not want to kill a conference.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Adelpiero wrote:Gregory(dayton)
Fwiw, my sources tell me he's first in line for the Georgia Tech job.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Adelpiero wrote: My sources were 2 for 2 friday.

too bad they were wrong about MU to big10. but i stil lsay, Delaney knew if MU and Nubs left, Big12 collapses and rest go to sec and pac10 or independent. they could not absorb 2 of top 4 tv markets gone, then add in nubs tvs and national exposure. He did not want to kill a conference.
Haven't seen anything reported on Painter yet. Your sources aren't 2-for-2 yet.

You guys are dreaming if you think Stevens would take over at Mizzou.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Adelpiero wrote: My sources were 2 for 2 friday.

Haven't seen anything reported on Painter yet. Your sources aren't 2-for-2 yet.

You guys are dreaming if you think Stevens would take over at Mizzou.
Who said Stevens was a candidate? I said i would like Rose(byu),Grant(bama), with Fox(georgia) also being considered.

Stevens wants Indiana gigm till then he can wait for the best gigs in the country to open up.