Pearl is gone

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Pearl is gone

Post by Mace »

To no one's surprise, Bruce Pearl got the axe today.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketb ... all-032111
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Pearl is gone

Post by King Crimson »

interesting regional "Coaching Carousel" in the mid-south....with UT, Ark, and Oklahoma all in the market. further east, but notable, is Lowe out at NCSU.

according to the OKC rags, Buzz Williams has been publicly targeted for the OU job....though some speculation that last night's win makes him a more difficult target. Anderson to Arkie was hot over the weekend but seems to have cooled some....that would surprise me (even though there will be a lot of Wal Mart money on the table both ways). Anderson is a Nolan guy, but his time with Nolan was at Tulsa, too. I think for MA it's time to be his own guy and not Nolan's prodigal son/heir.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Pretty sure the Georgia Tech job is still open as well. Gotta think Shaka Smart (VCU) and Richmond's coach will get some looks.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I've heard rumors that NC State is interested in Mike Brey. I don't know how reliable those rumors are, or if there's any reciprocal interest. I honestly don't have strong feelings either way on it.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

That's better than ANY of the Wal Mart pics.