15. Los Angeles Lakers

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/w ... ca#slide=1

No big shock at the top 2 spots.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Worst fans

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Lotta Philly degenerates end up at WVU, which is a horrible cocktail. Ask this dude:
Ryan loved to debate. Ryan might debate morality or public policy or who was the best-looking girl in class, but he could never resist a sports argument. Perhaps that’s why he felt compelled to object as he and two friends encountered a scrum of college students ranting about the Philadelphia Phillies at 3 a.m. on a November night in 2009, outside the Dairy Mart convenience store in Morgantown.

Brian McLhinney, 20, Ryan’s housemate at West Virginia University, who was with him that night, remembers his friend shouting something along the lines of “Phillies suck!”

Someone in the other group said, “What?”

Ryan had been drinking but was “not extremely intoxicated” as he and his friends went out to get a stromboli, Morgantown police Detective Chris Dalton said.

What happened next is not entirely clear, the detective said, perhaps because memories were rendered hazy by alcohol. Yet police said several facts are certain, confirmed by witnesses and by a security camera that recorded the early part of the conflict: As the argument became more heated and the two groups passed each other, Ryan turned back and approached the other group to say something, only to step back after someone shoved him. Someone punched McLhinney, knocking him unconscious. Someone hit Ryan’s other friend.

After Ryan backed away, Jonathon May, a WVU student, sneaked up and punched him in the face. Ryan never struck anyone. After Ryan fell, Austin Vantrease, 19, kicked him in the head with a motion that a witness compared to “punting” a football, the detective said. May was later convicted of misdemeanor battery and sentenced to a year in prison; Vantrease was charged with malicious assault, a felony.

Everyone ran, according to court testimony. Ryan lay on the ground, bleeding from his left ear and suffering seizures. When Ryan’s parents reached the hospital a few hours later, the doctor told them their son’s jaw was broken and his skull was fractured in two places. He was bleeding from the brain.

The Divineys faced a choice: Doctors could leave their son as he was, and he would most likely die, or they could remove part of his skull, which would let his brain swell. Either way, Ryan might not live more than a day or two. Ken and Sue told the doctor to remove the skull plate and summoned a priest to administer last rites.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Lotta Philly degenerates end up at WVU
Really? Link?
Most people I know from the area went to PSU or Temple. I know of only one person who went to WVU and he's not from Philly. He's from NY.

Congrats on finding a story about drunk college kids getting into a fight. How long did that take you?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hey fuckstain, did you read the article? Didn't take me very long because I remember reading the story.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:
Congrats on finding a story about drunk college kids getting into a fight.
You wish it were that simple.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Jsc810 wrote:Image

Geaux Tigers!
You gotta do better than that.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Whats up with Oregon Basketball being on that list?
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Raider fan definitely belongs on a BEST fans list.

Seeing them at #4 on a worst fans list is evidence enough to me that the piece is a complete pile of shit.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

poptart wrote:Raider fan definitely belongs on a BEST fans list.
You and Gayda James don't even follow the sport anymore, so why the fuck do you care?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Seeing them at #4 on a worst fans list is evidence enough to me that the piece is a complete pile of shit.
kinda depends on your definition of worst.

some define it by likelihood of a felony being committed. apparently this list was compiled by this type.

i define it by said fan's support of his team when it is shit.

raiduh fan ranks high in this regard. probably the only fan west of the mississippi that i can say this for. as a rule, fan bases with long histories are good, short histories, not so much.

#1 worst fan? los angeles pro football team.....i forget the name....oh, yeah, that's right, they don't have one.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Consider the source. Articles like that take 10 minutes to write b/c it's been done 1000x before.

And while there is no single way to measure good fans vs. bad it should be pointed out he Phillies have a 123-game sellout streak going, second only to the Red Sox (who are 600+) and Eagles have 11 straight seasons of sellouts too yet somehow none of that made it's way into the article. :doh:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:

Consider the source. Articles like that take 10 minutes to write b/c it's been done 1000x before.

And while there is no single way to measure good fans vs. bad it should be pointed out he Phillies have a 123-game sellout streak going, second only to the Red Sox (who are 600+) and Eagles have 11 straight seasons of sellouts too yet somehow none of that made it's way into the article. :doh:
That's because it is hard to get past your teams pioneering the use of in-house jails to hold unruly fans.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Trampis wrote:Whats up with Oregon Basketball being on that list?
Read the article, halfwit.
14. University of Oregon Basketball
Hecklers from Hell

With a firm dedication to taking taunts too far, the Oregon Duck faithful have a storied history of degeneracy that can be traced all the way back to the days when someone beaned legendary coach John Wooden with a half-eaten apple. But the crowning violation of the school's "Code of ConDUCKt" (their unforgivable pun, not ours) occurred in 2008, when former Oregon high school standout Kevin Love dared return home playing for rival UCLA. Ducks fans distributed Love's cell-phone number before the game and left him some 400 voice mails, featuring such witty messages as "If you guys win, we'll come to your house and kill your family." Once in the stadium, students proceeded to (a) hold up signs enumerating the ways Love was a homosexual, (b) throw food at his family in the stands, and (c) call his grandmother a whore until she cried. Way to get in the old lady's head, Oregon!

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/w ... z1Gxc4CwDS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I almost forgot about that ^^^. Jesus, what a bunch of degenerates.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

:lol:
All told, Philadelphia stadiums house the most monstrous collection of humanity outside of the federal penal system.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote::lol:
All told, Philadelphia stadiums house the most monstrous collection of humanity outside of the federal penal system.
How much do you hate it when Phillies fans take over Nationals Park during a "home" game for the Nationals?
:hfal: :hfal:
BSmack wrote: That's because it is hard to get past your teams pioneering the use of in-house jails to hold unruly fans.
Most, if not all pro and college stadiums have or had a holding room or container for asshole fans. Philly was the first to bring in a judge on game day to handout fines immediate fines.
BTW the Linc was built with 4 jail cells. Within 2 years they were remove entirely.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:Most, if not all pro and college stadiums have or had a holding room or container for asshole fans.
That is a lie. Neither the Verizon Center nor Nationals Park have "holding rooms" for asshole fans. Just face it: the dregs of humanity reside in Philly and there is nothing you can say or do about it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

In Philly, the entire stadium is a "holding room" from the rest of the outside world for about 3 hours.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I almost forgot about that ^^^. Jesus, what a bunch of degenerates.

They made Nate Robinson aka Gary Coleman cry.

Although at the Mac, it was a little more serious -- the seats were just about touching the sidelines.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Agreed. They care more than any fans of any other franchise I know of. The problem is that list is clearly accounting for there being both real Raider football fans as well as douchebags who wear the gear and go to a game thinking that they're supposed to start a fight or cut someone or punch a guy's girlfriend in the face.

What I don't get about that list is that the Yankees aren't in the top five.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

jiminphilly wrote:How much do you hate it when Phillies fans take over Nationals Park during a "home" game for the Nationals?
Pisses me off and I'm not even a Nats fan. I don't blame Philly fan, though. I blame Nats fan for not buying tix, and ultimately Nats mgmt ('sup Screwy?) for fielding a shitty product. Would be nice if Strasburg, Harper, & Werth can eventually form the nucleus of a deece team.

Have only been to one Phillies home game, and it happened to be the one in '09 where dude caught a foul ball off Werth's bat and handed it to his 3-yr-old daughter who promptly threw it back toward the field. Dad got his 15 minutes of fame during the next week appearing on every talk show in existence. Best part was within a second after the little princess chucked the ball back, the PA system was blaring The RHCP's "Give It Away."
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote:Pisses me off and I'm not even a Nats fan. I don't blame Philly fan, though. I blame Nats fan for not buying tix, and ultimately Nats mgmt ('sup Screwy?) for fielding a shitty product. Would be nice if Strasburg, Harper, & Werth can eventually form the nucleus of a deece team.
The problem is that the Nats are basically an expansion team in DC as the established fan base is Orioles fans. Plus the Lerners are cheap, assholes and morons. But I have faith that the Nats will turn it around, to some extent. Just wait until Harper reaches the bigs, Strasburg is back and Jordan Zimmermann is in good health. Mike Rizzo is an excellent personnel guy and I have faith in him as the GM. They're still cleaning out all the excrement Jim Bowden left around, to some extent.

I honestly don't mind Philly fan taking over the stadium...EXCEPT FOR OPENING DAY. I'm a realist and I realize that they're gonna do it anyway. I just ask these neanderthal criminals to behave themselves and not act like insufferable assholes for period two to four hours while they are GUESTS in our park.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: I honestly don't mind Philly fan taking over the stadium...EXCEPT FOR OPENING DAY. I'm a realist and I realize that they're gonna do it anyway. I just ask these neanderthal criminals to behave themselves and not act like insufferable assholes for period two to four hours while they are GUESTS in our park.
Uhhh, no, they are not guests. Guests are welcome. They are intruders.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:The problem is that the Nats are basically an expansion team in DC as the established fan base is Orioles fans.
No, the problem is that DC failed to support a team not once, but twice before. Yet MLB seemed to think that if they gift wrapped a franchise that the fans would show up this time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

I used to have some fun with a lil fan to fan trash talk on the boards.

I've always been appreciative of the internet for facilitating that pastime. But the web also gave me the means to discover things about the fanbase I'm a member of... so suffice to say that there's no fookin' way I'm ever going to talk sh*t about another group of fans again. That would just be a royal road to hypocrisy.

Jim,
With respect to you, Marley, TypicalPhillyfan, Goddess, Dallasfanatic, mississippineck, et alia, I'm pretty damn embarassed that I ran my mouth.

Mea Culpa.

velocet