What ever happened to red-dyed pistachios?

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

What ever happened to red-dyed pistachios?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

And why were they dyed red in the first place?

Please keep the responses serious in nature. TIA.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: What ever happened to red-dyed pistachios?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Have you checked Meijer, dipshit? I'm sure they still have 'em.

Red ones suck, btw.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Have you checked Meijer, dipshit? I'm sure they still have 'em.
What you're sure of is usually dead nuts wrong, hence the "I stand corrected" in your sig.

Now, think really hard, and ask yourself this simple question: if they could be found so easily, such as at my local Meijer, would I have started this thread? Fact is I haven't seen them anywhere in years.

My guess is the dye process was pointless and labor intensive so they stopped, for the most part. Pistachios are expensive enough as it is.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's called Google. Shithead.
Why are pistachios dyed red?
Years ago, when all of the pistachios in the United States were imported, the shells of the nuts were often blemished due to the type of processing done in the foreign country. Americans like "pretty" foods, and the importers thought the nuts would sell better if the blemishes didn’t show. They came up with the idea of spraying red food coloring on the nuts to make the shells a consistent color. The coloring of the shells was so common, that many people thought the color of the pistachio shells actually was red. The natural color is a light beige. The red food dye is known as a "marketing cosmetic".
http://www.eagleranchpistachios.com/faqs.htm#1
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

This place IS google.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:This place IS google.

You rang?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

My GUESS is that red-dyed pistachios backed themselves into a corner and only gave the impression that pistachios are for the holidays. They smarted up and started to phase out the dyeing in the hopes of extending their market to other months of the year.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Ken wrote:My GUESS is that red-dyed pistachios backed themselves into a corner and only gave the impression that pistachios are for the holidays. They smarted up and started to phase out the dyeing in the hopes of extending their market to other months of the year.
My GUESS is that you are a fucking idiot. Actually, it's not even a guess any more. It's a proven fact. Look about 3 posts above yours. Idiot.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim