It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Show Me the Meth

Post by War Wagon »

Scoreboard, bitches, and it isn't even close:
Missouri leads nation as meth lab seizures jump 10 percent last year

The Missouri Highway Patrol reported that methamphetamine laboratory seizures jumped 10 percent last year.

The highway patrol said there were 1,960 seizures in Missouri in 2010, up from 1,774 in 2009.

“Once again, Missouri has the unfortunate distinction of being the leader in meth lab seizures, despite the hard work of the state’s drug task forces and all law enforcement,” Col. Ron Replogle, superintendent of the Missouri Highway Patrol said in a release.

“Meth is a deadly drug, with dangerous consequences for all Missouri communities, including increasing other criminal activity, and endangering the children who grow up in residences where meth is produced and used,” he said.

The number of meth lab seizures in Missouri has steadily increased since 2007. The highway patrol blames the increase on people circumventing laws that restrict the legal limit purchase of pseudoephedrine, the key ingredient in making meth.

According to national figures, Missouri leads the nation in meth lab seizures last year. The other top five states include Tennessee with 1,197 incidents, Kentucky with 1,045 incidents, Mississippi with 715 incidents and Michigan with 672 incidents.
We're #1. :oops:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Show Me the Meth

Post by indyfrisco »

Makes sense...follow the white trash, find the meth.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

In 1995 my Jeep Cherokee was stolen from the parking lot at work. Inside it were the brand new uniforms and equipment for the little league baseball team I was coaching at the time. Police recovered the vehicle about 2 weeks later from some meth house, totally trashed, and of course missing all the contents.

Meth heads are the scum of the earth.
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

You don't know what the FUCK you're talking about YO!! Badger n Skinny P n me make the BOMB SHIT YO!

BITCH!!

- Pinkman
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

DC Smackmaster wrote:You don't know what the FUCK you're talking about YO!! Badger n Skinny P n me make the BOMB SHIT YO!

BITCH!!

- Pinkman
Did the crew just decide to go all Pdiddy and change their names?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
DC Smackmaster wrote:You don't know what the FUCK you're talking about YO!! Badger n Skinny P n me make the BOMB SHIT YO!

BITCH!!

- Pinkman
Did the crew just decide to go all Pdiddy and change their names?
Kill yourself. You're too dumb to live.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

Rack Goober, a man who obviously knows quality entertainment when he sees it.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I was gonna ask why the Missouri Highway Patrol was busting methlabs, but then I realized in flyover yokel logic it makes perfect sense...the perps were manufacturing "speed".
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I don't have the numbers but I know that the meth lab busts in Iowa have decreased significantly since putting the Sudafed/other cold meds behind the counter and registering the buyers. Unfortunately, 90% of the meth in the U.S. is coming from Mexico, so all of the meth lab busts are not making a dent in the amount of meth hitting the streets. They're just busting the mom and pop labs.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Roach wrote: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
Oddball ? Kelly's Heroes ?
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

They put it behind the counter in CA too. Now the Meth cookers just steal it from trucks instead.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

It's all behind the counter in VA too.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

the collection of your address is retarded and unnecessary though. All they had to do is limit the purchase to one per customer and they'd achieve the same thing, without profiling me because I've got a sinus headache.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Tom, where does the meth territory start in NO VA?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I don't know actually, if the preferred setting is a rural one, I can see it maybe as close as Prince William, Fauquier, Loudon and Stafford counties but Front Royal is only 45 mins from here I would imagine they'd prefer and even more rural setting between Gainesville, Warrenton and that Rte 81 Corridor.

All I know, and I don't remember when, I went to the store to get some decongestant and I needed less documentation to open a bank account. That was at Wal-Mart, it might still be sold the American way in CVS and grocery stores, but I'm not sure.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

behind the counter in Missouri, as well. bought some cold meds a couple weeks ago and was carded. wasn't ready for that, but they enter the info into a database to see if I go everywhere to buy up the sudafed.

they are considering making a lot of this stuff prescription only. don't need to pay a doctor to tell me I gots a cold. DAMN YOU OBAMA FOR STEALING THE CONSTITUTION!!!!
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

OCmike wrote:I was gonna ask why the Missouri Highway Patrol was busting methlabs, but then I realized in flyover yokel logic it makes perfect sense...the perps were manufacturing "speed".
More likely, it has to do with jurisdinctional boundaries.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:
OCmike wrote:I was gonna ask why the Missouri Highway Patrol was busting methlabs, but then I realized in flyover yokel logic it makes perfect sense...the perps were manufacturing "speed".
More likely, it has to do with jurisdinctional boundaries.
They probably have a drug taskforce under the umbrella of the highway patrol.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

OCmike wrote:I was gonna ask why the Missouri Highway Patrol was busting methlabs
Watch Super Troopers.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

OCmike wrote:the collection of your address is retarded and unnecessary though. All they had to do is limit the purchase to one per customer and they'd achieve the same thing, without profiling me because I've got a sinus headache.
They do it so they can bust the tweekers who spend all day driving around to 40 different stores to buy one bottle of sudafed at each.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The U&L/NoCal meth wave (where it started) pretty much started its ebb 40 years ago (OK, the big downward trend probably really got going 15 years or so ago).

As per usualm, the Flyover is decades behind, culturally.

Hard to find good info, but the Meth Wars of the 1960's are actually a pretty fascinating topic. The truce struck between the Hell's Angel and the Gypsy Jokers 40 years ago is still in place today. You'll never see a Hell's Angel flying colors in Oregon, nor will you ever see a Gypsy Joker (whose HQ is pretty close to me) in California. Although the Hell's Angels still have their big jamboree in SW Washington every year, but they call ahead and get permission from the Jokers to pass through Oregon -- pretty peaceful arrangement, actually.

As I said, pretty fascinating, yet underreported part of American history, when the biker gangs ruled the West Coast. (Although they still haven't got the message in the South Salem/Albany area.)

In Oregon, the effedra products are behind the counter... which reminds me of the big-funny prohibition in Portland -- you get carded for spray paint, which you have to be of legal age (18) to even purchase. Shit cracks me up. Doesn't seem to keep the tagging here in the hood down any, but sure makes it a pain in the ass to buy a rattlecan of primer -- dude has to shag down the keys, and wait for you to fill out the paperwork.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
Although the Hell's Angels still have their big jamboree in SW Washington every year, but they call ahead and get permission from the Jokers to pass through Oregon -- pretty peaceful arrangement, actually.
Yeah... Oregon is hard for an Angel to live in, although I have known one who has lived here for 30 years, but he never gets the colors out and he has only told about 3 people about the past.

Of course then there was the 3 people in the Witness Protection program they put out in the sticks here back in 1977 to start their new life, because they testified against the Angels in a trial. Been there all of 3 months when somebody whacked them in the house.
As I said, pretty fascinating, yet underreported part of American history, when the biker gangs ruled the West Coast. (Although they still haven't got the message in the South Salem/Albany area.)
There is an old paperback out that was wrote by a reporter who "imbedded" himself with the Angels for a couple of years. Real good contemporary history read. Same dude was hanging out with Jerry Garcia, Bob Wier, Ken Keasey in the whole bay area scene as well at the same time.

I will have to look around and see what the title was ..anyone ?
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote:There is an old paperback out that was wrote by a reporter who "imbedded" himself with the Angels for a couple of years. Real good contemporary history read. Same dude was hanging out with Jerry Garcia, Bob Wier, Ken Keasey in the whole bay area scene as well at the same time.

Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga by Hunter S. Thompson.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:The U&L/NoCal meth wave (where it started) pretty much started its ebb 40 years ago (OK, the big downward trend probably really got going 15 years or so ago).

This is one culture you can have back, thanks.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Derron wrote:There is an old paperback out that was wrote by a reporter who "imbedded" himself with the Angels for a couple of years. Real good contemporary history read. Same dude was hanging out with Jerry Garcia, Bob Wier, Ken Keasey in the whole bay area scene as well at the same time.

Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga by Hunter S. Thompson.
That is the one...thanks
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

War Wagon wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:The U&L/NoCal meth wave (where it started) pretty much started its ebb 40 years ago (OK, the big downward trend probably really got going 15 years or so ago).

This is one culture you can have back, thanks.
Dude..read his post again. The Flyover has the meth thing for another 12 years at least. You are now where we were back in '99. Read the common denominator...the ingredients that can be bought OTC....is where the meth labs are.

Meth and Missouri..who would have ever thought it ?
Derron
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

BSmack wrote:
OCmike wrote:the collection of your address is retarded and unnecessary though. All they had to do is limit the purchase to one per customer and they'd achieve the same thing, without profiling me because I've got a sinus headache.
They do it so they can bust the tweekers who spend all day driving around to 40 different stores to buy one bottle of sudafed at each.
I get why they want your info, but it's complete bullshit. There's no way that meth-cookers were sending out lackeys to 40 stores with enough frequency to warrant collecting personal info of a driver's license. Driving all over town is cost prohibitive and takes way to much time, especially when they can either steal it or have someone else steal it BY THE CASE.

But mostly I hate the thought of giving Walgreens, Walmart, etc, my personal info that they're logging into a database whose security is overseen by law enforcement tech dorks. Those servers have probably been hacked and all that info sold, many times over.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

what they are after is the pseudoephedrine that is in the Sudafed.
but pseudoephedrine is also available in several other medications.
most commonly in 60 mg amounts.
Sudafed added a wax to their product which made it difficult to breakdown and extract the pure pseudoephedrine from so other types of pills were highly sought after.
Equate from Walmart being a popular one.
certain stores around town would sell you cases of pseudoephedrine pills for a decent price but they caught on and prices went up.
if you could score a case of 120 mg pseudo you'd be in business.
but soon some of the other makes added wax and other "blockers" that kept you from breaking the pills down with alcohol.
but I've gotta tell ya OC,the cooks will send people all over town to buy a box here and a box there enough to make a batch.
25-50 bucks a box is the street price but most of the time people would just take the dope in exchange.
that box used to retail for 3-4 dollars but even the price at the store went up to try and deter the manufacturing.
it's hardly cost effective to manufacture anymore so there's not much money to be made in it like there once was.
not to mention getting the correct amount red phosphorus is almost impossible.
it was once a lucrative business.
$75 worth of stuff and you could turn out $600+ worth of dope.
cut that in half and you can do the math.

this is all what I heard btw....
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Dinsdale wrote: In Oregon, the effedra products are behind the counter...

I've heard that's actually worked to cut down the number of smaller, trailer park variety meth labs. Problem is it's created more of a marketplace for the big Californian Mexican suppliers.

Just another example of too much regulation handicapping the hard working small business owner against the larger outfits with their cheap foreign labor.

BTW, Oregon is also home to this: http://www.facesofmeth.us/main.htm
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

just heard that Tenneessee ttooookk the title from Missouri, Whitey.

sorry for your loss of bode.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ttooook?

Hope you like Memphis.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

DeMarre just got traded from Memphis to Houston.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: In Oregon, the effedra products are behind the counter...

I've heard that's actually worked to cut down the number of smaller, trailer park variety meth labs. Problem is it's created more of a marketplace for the big Californian Mexican suppliers.

Just another example of too much regulation handicapping the hard working small business owner against the larger outfits with their cheap foreign labor.

BTW, Oregon is also home to this: http://www.facesofmeth.us/main.htm
90% of the meth in this country has always come from Mexico, but 90+% of the meth manufactureres doing prison time are the meth heads who decided they could make a little cash getting into the business.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mace wrote: 90% of the meth in this country has always come from Mexico

While I get your point here, using the word "always" makes this ridiculously inaccurate.

If you think that at some point, as recent as the last 20 years, that 90% of it wasn't coming out of Oregon and california, you'd be sorely mistaken.

Although I'm surprised that there isn't huge crops of effedra/mahaong springing up all over the desert -- pretty much a scrubby weed.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mace wrote: 90% of the meth in this country has always come from Mexico

While I get your point here, using the word "always" makes this ridiculously inaccurate.

If you think that at some point, as recent as the last 20 years, that 90% of it wasn't coming out of Oregon and california, you'd be sorely mistaken.

Although I'm surprised that there isn't huge crops of effedra/mahaong springing up all over the desert -- pretty much a scrubby weed.
Definitely, over the last 20 years, 90% of the meth has been coming out of Mexico. And meth production didn't start in Oregon, it started in Japan and became widely used by the Japanese and German military during WWII. That doesn't mean that there weren't a large number of labs in Oregon, or Iowa for that matter, but the vast majority of the drug has been coming out of Mexico. That's a fact and a visit with any drug enforcement agency would confirm that fact......or so I've been told by the federal agencies who are responsible for enforcing the law.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mace wrote:widely used by the Japanese and German military during WWII.
And American forces along with the British. Hence the large black-market demand in the USA after Benzadrine was relegated to prescrition-only in the mid-50's.

That doesn't mean that there weren't a large number of labs in Oregon, or Iowa for that matter, but the vast majority of the drug has been coming out of Mexico. That's a fact and a visit with any drug enforcement agency would confirm that fact......or so I've been told by the federal agencies who are responsible for enforcing the law.

Over the last 10 years or so, this is correct. Beyond that... uhm, no.

http://www.oregonlive.com/special/orego ... spread.pdf

A quick visual aid, to a least get your education started down the right path.

Frontline did a great documentary on it a few years ago. Packed up the camera crews and whatnot, and headed straight to Oregon.

I think you grossly underestimate how bad things were here in the 90's. Couldn't drive through a rural area without the telltale smell of a lab... literally thousands of them.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

It was bad in the midwest during the 90's as well but the numbers of people entering rehab doesn't prove your point. Sure, Oregon has/had lots of meth addicts but your little graph doesn't reflect where the meth was coming from, and certainly doesn't dispute, or even address, my point that 90% of the meth is, and has been, coming from Mexico. I had a hard time believing this in the 90's when I was dealing with so many meth manufacturers, but it was correctlly pointed out to me that all of the meth lab busts going on in the 90's was only the tip of the iceberg when it came to the meth in this country, and that all of the busts weren't even making a dent in the amount of meth hitting the streets. All it did was put a bunch of little guys out of business while the main pipeline remained intact. The majority of meth in Iowa comes out of Kansas City...by way of Mexico....always has and always will, so long as there's a demand.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

the meth on the streets now a days is "ice".
it's not the traditional rocked up dope of the old days.
and yes it comes from Mexico.
jiminphilly wrote:

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

DiT wrote:the meth on the streets now a days is "ice".
Thank you, dave. If there is anyone here who would know about meth, it would be you. :)
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Mace wrote:
DiT wrote:the meth on the streets now a days is "ice".
Thank you, dave. If there is anyone here who would know about meth, it would be you. :)
nothing to be proud of but I have more firsthand info than most.
I wasn't always this angelic :twisted:
jiminphilly wrote: