Red Sox Fans

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Red Sox Fans

Post by Van »

Lax, on a team with David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, Jacoby Ellsbury, etc., Crawford didn't exactly have to be THE GUY there either, and still he crumbled beneath the weight of THAT contract. Long before he got hurt, he simply vanished.

We'll see, but the Dodgers just took on an insane amount of years/dollars for three guys in their thirties, two of whom appear to be on the obvious downsides of their careers. Even Gonzales wasn't exactly putting up career numbers in 2012, and now he's moving to a decided pitcher's park.

Good luck with all this.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

KC Scott wrote:the Dodgers are idiots
Crawford, Adriana, Beckett and Punto - seriously?
262M worth of contracts?

Could be you're right. But they have major bucks and the team needs to demonstrate a committment to winning after the McCourt disaster years. Why spend billions on the club & turn out mediocrity? Granted, Gonzo & Punto seem to be the only immediate potential contributors, but they may be enough to get them home. Beckett & Crawford are putting the rent on longshots.

Kemp, Gonzalez, Hanley Ramirez, Ethier, and Cruz is a nice heart of the order....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Van, I get what you're saying but Beantown and LA are a little different. In Beantown everything those guys do is under a microscope and critiqued. It's a bit more laid back out here as you know. No media on your ass 24/7. I think Crawford will do well if he heals from the surgery.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

KC Scott wrote:but he actually seems worthy of the money.
He is a Boras client who's yet to hit the FA market. So yeah, he's 'worth it' now. And next year.

After that, he's looking at 20 million per thanks to the Crawford contract. Shit. If 'Monday' is worth 20 million, Ellsbury must be worth 30 million.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:They put Ellsbury on waivers today?

You realize that MLB teams expose MOST of their roster to the waiver wire around this time of year?