GB -2

Whoa. NFC 6 seed vs AFC 2 seed.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Early line is out

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:GB -2

If recent past performance is any indicator, I would call this game a straight toss up. So my bet is that Cheeseheads must be loose with their money.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Steelers easily, that D is ferocious. The fact Green Bay somehow left Chicago in the game with a 3rd string QB is telling.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

That line is atrocious.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

There's never a lock in a SB, but I would load up on Pittsburgh as a dog.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Has the makings of the biggest moving line in SB history. Methinks Vegas knows what they are doing
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Steelers something like 7 trips to the SB with 6 wins... I'll lock in the +2 right now and jump all over that...you talk about mortal lock.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jsc810 wrote:I wonder who Billy Walters is on. Never heard of the man until 60 Minutes did a segment on him.
:shock: One of his "runners" is a retired disc jockey named Wolfman. / :shock:

Wolfie, you need to visit the Something to Confess? thread.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Wolfman, named after the famous DJ Wolfman Jack, is probably a pretty popular name for a DJ or wannabe DJ.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jsc810 wrote:I wonder who Billy Walters is on. Never heard of the man until 60 Minutes did a segment on him.
Watching this now. The chick is total spank bank material.

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:GB -2

If recent past performance is any indicator, I would call this game a straight toss up. So my bet is that Cheeseheads must be loose with their money.
Possibly. How about you?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Defense wins championships rings true.

Pitty and GB rank #1 and #2 in the league in pts. allowed.

I think the Peckers might produce by spreading the Steeler defense out and pecking away with short/medium passes.

Ultimately I am thinking Pittsburgh wins because I see them running on GB.
The cheese crew gives up 4.7 per rush - and that is teh suck.

Chew the clock a bit and keep Rodgers standing on the sideline.
I can see that.

Ben R. is probably the best I've ever seen at one thing.
That is, avoiding the rush, moving out, and hitting passes downfield - or running.
The guy is uncanny.
He's big, sturdy, seems to have eyes in the back of his head, and he's very accurate with his tosses when mobile.
He's VERY football savvy.

I WANT the Peckers to win, but I think it'll be another title for the Steelers - 20-17.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Ben R. is probably the best I've ever seen at one thing.
That is, avoiding the rush, moving out, and hitting passes downfield - or running.
The guy is uncanny.
He's big, sturdy, seems to have eyes in the back of his head, and he's very accurate with his tosses when mobile.
He's VERY football savvy.
He sucked horsecock against the Jets and in his first Superbowl. He is the biggest question/skid mark in the game. If he fucks up like he did last week, there is no chance for the Squealers.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The guy is 8-2 as a starting QB in the playoffs.

I wouldn't count on him having another down game.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

That record doesn't mean much if anything. They've won despite him as often as they have because of him. He's going to have to play better than he just did.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:They've won despite him as often as they have because of him.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... elog/post/

I guess a person can look at his playoff game log and decide for themself if that is an accurate remark.

An overall playoff QB rating of 85.4 is pretty damn solid.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

That rating is average at best and makes my point about his lack of consistency. He has great games and he has godawful shitty games such as the 05 Superbowl and the Jets game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:That rating is average at best
lol

Happens to be the exact same overall postseason QB rating as Tom Brady.

Just a few points less than Troy Aikman.

I really don't know where you come up with this bullshit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:That rating is average at best and makes my point about his lack of consistency. He has great games and he has godawful shitty games such as the 05 Superbowl and the Jets game.
Nah, here's an average post season QB.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... elog/post/
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Rivers has never shit the bed as badly in the playoffs as Big Rapist has...twice.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Rivers has never shit the bed as badly in the playoffs as Big Rapist has...twice.
He's also never thrown a game winning pass in a Super Bowl. You really have no idea how retarded you sound.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What part of wildly inconsistent are you struggling to comprehend?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:What part of wildly inconsistent are you struggling to comprehend?
What part of 3-4 in the playoffs with a rating 6 points lower than Ben are you failing to grasp?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Rivers has never shat out a 22 or a 35 in a postseason game like Big Rapist. QB's aren't pitchers.

Why do you think the first thing Big Rapist did when the clock struck zero against the Jets was drop to his knees and put a towel over his head? He was thanking his motherfucking god that his defense and running game bailed his dumb ass out again because he sure as shit did everything he could to blow it for them.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:That rating is average at best and makes my point about his lack of consistency. He has great games and he has godawful shitty games such as the 05 Superbowl and the Jets game.
Yet the Steelers WON both games, correct?

This JUST in, dumbfuck: football is a TEAM game. Ben didn't win (or LOSE) those games by himself. If Goofy Rivers had the Steelers' defense and running game he would have multiple rings right now as well.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah thanks, Tubby. That's what I just said. Take another lap.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Rivers has never shat out a 22 or a 35 in a postseason.
Rivers has posted a 55 and a 46. Once you get below the Kordoza Line it becomes irrelevant, its simply a bad game. Let me know when Phillip Leaf gets his playoff TD to INT ratio over 1 to 1 jackwaggon.

BTW, the Steelers teams of the 90s and the first few years of last decade had great defenses and a great rushing attack. How many Super Bowls did they win?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:BTW, the Steelers teams of the 90s and the first few years of last decade had great defenses and a great rushing attack. How many Super Bowls did they win?
They are a better coached team now. Also, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Big Rapist sucks as a QB. I'm just saying that he can and has shit the bed in a seriously horrific manner before in the biggest games. There is no denying it. If he shits the bed against Green Bay, the Squealers are in serious trouble. You really don't want to give that offense any help. Oh, and stop trying to change the subject. It's very weak...and gay.

That's all. You've been warned.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

those 90s steelers teams should have won a few but they had shit qbs. put rapistburger on that team and they have a few rings.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:those 90s steelers teams should have won a few but they had shit qbs. put rapistburger on that team and they have a few rings.
Don't forget they had a shit coach, too. The Chin is totally overrated.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
smackaholic wrote:those 90s steelers teams should have won a few but they had shit qbs. put rapistburger on that team and they have a few rings.
Don't forget they had a shit coach, too. The Chin is totally overrated.
The man took Kordell Stewart to two AFC Championship games, Niel O'Donnell to a Super Bowl and won a Super Bowl with a 2nd year QB who posted a 23 QB rating in that game.

And you think he's overrated?

Go face fuck a combine.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:And you think he's overrated?
Completely. He's just another nut off of the Douchenbagger tree. Tomlin is ten times the coach Cowher ever was.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:And you think he's overrated?
Completely. He's just another nut off of the Douchenbagger tree.

And your evidence for such an idiotic opinion is what?
Tomlin is ten times the coach Cowher ever was.
He just might be. But if he is, he's in the Lombardi, Noll, Walsh level of coaches. Because Cowher was a damn good coach.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:He just might be. But if he is, he's in the Lombardi, Noll, Walsh level of coaches.
He's with the right organization and he's young enough to give Shula a run for the money. As much as I loathe the Squealers, Tomlin is one of my favorite coaches.
Because Cowher was a damn good coach.
He was OK. He underachieved with a lot of really good teams, though. You can't deny that. He should have won more than one Superbowl and his record of home losses in the championship game speaks for its Douchenbagger-esqe self.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:He just might be. But if he is, he's in the Lombardi, Noll, Walsh level of coaches.
He's with the right organization and he's young enough to give Shula a run for the money. As much as I loathe the Squealers, Tomlin is one of my favorite coaches.
He's done great things so far. It's too damn hard to project 30 years out where Tomlin will be. It seems like now a great coach gets a 10-15 year run and then burns out. But like you said, at least he young enough and with the right organization to give it a go.
Because Cowher was a damn good coach.
He was OK. He underachieved with a lot of really good teams, though. You can't deny that. He should have won more than one Superbowl and his record of home losses in the championship game speaks for its Douchenbagger-esqe self.
They practically had a revolving door in Pittsburgh in the 90s with all the guys they lost to free agency, teams were poaching his OCs and DCs left and right and yet he managed to consistently put teams in the playoffs. Cowher won 9 division titles in 15 years, 2 conference championships and a Super Bowl. And the only one of those conference championship games that I feel they should have won that they did not was against the Chargers in 94 for the right to get slaughtered by the 49ers. The other big games they lost were to teams that simply had more talent. You forget that it wasn't until Heinz Field was built that the Rooneys started feeling like they could spend up to the cap. Before then, they were always letting top players go to other teams when their deal came up. Since then, they have been able to use the additional revenue to keep players they otherwise would have let go during the 90s.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mvscal should have ejected from this thread while he was behind.

WAY behind.

Now he's jocking Tomlin, who as I recall, he trashed as a dogshit "affirmative action" hire when Pitty named him the new head coach.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Now he's jocking Tomlin, who as I recall, he trashed as a dogshit "affirmative action" hire when Pitty named him the new head coach.
I'd say he has proved himself, wouldn't you?

Yes, I thought he was too young and too inexperienced for a head coaching job in the NFL. It's the same reason I dogged Lane the Intern and Josh McDildo. There aren't many 34 year olds who are ready for that kind of responsibility.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:I'd say he has proved himself, wouldn't you?
Yes, he definitely has.

I remember watching him in a press conference this year the week of the Raider game and was very impressed.
Seemed to me that he knew the Raiders better than the Oakland coaching staff did.
Guy was RIGHT of top of it.

You might have included in your take that you had previously dumped on him, but I'm not surprised that you didn't.
Figured nobody would remember it.

Prolly 90% of the readers of the forum don't recall that you mocked him when he was hired.

But I've got a memory like an elephant and just decided to make note of it.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I also recall (perhaps incorrectly?) mvscal admitting to partial Steeler fandom a few years back.

Ben is a mixed bag that leans toward the positive. I think he is good enough to overcome most of his mistakes and periods of poor play withing each game.

As an example - the Steelers beat the Jets on the basis of a strong half running the football. Once the Jets adjusted, Ben struggled quite a bit - but in the end he made a couple of plays that salted away the win.

In the last Super Bowl, Ben won the game with a money drive that few NFL QBs are capable of. His positives usually outweigh his many negatives. His negatives don't weigh him down and cause him to collapse. He is definitely a winner who seeks the victory relentlessly and has the talent to pull it off.

I think this game will be won by Pittsburgh's defense.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:Now he's jocking Tomlin, who as I recall, he trashed as a dogshit "affirmative action" hire when Pitty named him the new head coach.
I'd say he has proved himself, wouldn't you?

Yes, I thought he was too young and too inexperienced for a head coaching job in the NFL. It's the same reason I dogged Lane the Intern and Josh McDildo. There aren't many 34 year olds who are ready for that kind of responsibility.
And the reason I said you didn't know what you were talking about was the Steelers history of hiring 30 something defensive coordinators from outside the organization. They have a way of cutting through the bullshit and finding the guys that can handle the responsibility. They did it with Noll and they did it with Cowher. And now they are 3 for 3 since 1969 with their coaching hires.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown