PSU with upsets over Ill and Sparty...

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

PSU with upsets over Ill and Sparty...

Post by FLW Buckeye »

The Nittany Lions' upset streak ends at 2 this weekend. :twisted:
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: PSU with upsets over Ill and Sparty...

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Penn St almost claimed another ranked victim tonight, Purdue on its home floor. Got screwed on some Boiler home cookin' at the end. PSU is one of the best bad teams I've ever seen.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

PSU +13 OH SURE
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PSU got some love last week in a Jason King article on "teams to look out for" or something....along with Colorado (who promptly laid an egg at Nebraksa, but NU is a bad matchup for them and winning on the road is tough).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You should see their home game "atmosphere." The BTN cameras do a good job of not panning the crowd, but when they do, I swear you can count in the teens how many people you see. I guess in a way a silent arena = zero pressure = easier to win. Basically pick-up basketball at the rec.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:You should see their home game "atmosphere." The BTN cameras do a good job of not panning the crowd, but when they do, I swear you can count in the teens how many people you see. I guess in a way a silent arena = zero pressure = easier to win. Basically pick-up basketball at the rec.
This is true. I've watched a couple games on the BTN at PSU and all you could hear were sneakers squeaking. You can hear every "FUCK!" It's pathetic.

When I first went to A&M, we were still in G Rollie White arena. We averaged about 1000 fans a game except when t.u. came to town. Then, we'd fill the arena. Reed arena opened my senior year, and it's amazing what having a new arena can do for you. We were still bad (Melvin Watkins era), but we were getting 5k people to the arena just because it was new. $Bill Brynne may be raping A&M students and alumni with the rate increases on athletics ticket prices, but the overall athletic program is finally starting to flourish. I'm just pissed football is still dragging ass, but this year gave me hope.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...