what's gotten into CU?

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

what's gotten into CU?

Post by War Wagon »

as I type this, they lead Missouri 46-34 at the half. Burks is doing his best Anthony Peeler impersonation and I have no idea how we let that KC kid escape the Show-Me.

This from a team that has lost 13 straight Big 12 openers and Mizzou has beaten the last 8 games by an average of 17 points.

Or maybe Mizzou just had a shitty 1st half. They were down 19 to Georgetown before losing in OT.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: what's gotten into CU?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shit happens in conference play. MSU losing to Penn St right now with 7 mins in the 2nd half. PENN ST!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: what's gotten into CU?

Post by King Crimson »

Colorado has two very good players in Burks and Higgins. Burks is listed by a lot of people as a potential lottery pick. they've historically pretty tough in Boulder even back to the Big 8. It's just the last half decade they've been a complete pushover.

i went to the game. CU gets a bad break when their Aussie "big" gets hurt early in practices or they could have been a far more complete team than they are now. I picked them to be at or slightly above .500 in conference. They also do a lot better with MU and Anderson without Bzdelic's Princeton stuff...since they actually try and score when they beat the pressure instead of set up the offense....and let MU's guys get back on D. but, CU is undersized and will struggle some because of that or have a handful of games where the opponent is in the double-bonus for the last 8 minutes of the game because they can't keep people off the glass or from scoring at will in the paint without putting too much body on them.

this team would have a chance to be pretty good if they had a legit guy in the paint to give you 5 fouls, some real D and get his 8 and 8. Tomlinson, the PG, kinda sucks though, too.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"