2011 Pro Bowl is set

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Paul
Elwood

2011 Pro Bowl is set

Post by Paul »

The roster for the 2011 Pro Bowl was announced yesterday. Who got in for your team, and who SHOULD have gotten in?

My thoughts on the Chiefs' selections:

IN
Dwayne Bowe- breakout season. 15 TDs and over 1000 yards receiving. Simply dominant at times.
Jamaal Charles- Leads the league with a 6.4ypc average, and is 2nd in rushing yardage AND total yards from scrimmage.
Brian Waters- Anchor of arguably the most dominant run-blocking offensive line in the NFL today.

SHOULD'VE BEEN IN
Matt Cassel- 25TDs, 5INTs will get you in easily most years, but Tom Brady/Philip Rivers/Peyton Manning simply had better individual seasons.
Derrick Johnson- Up there with the NFL leaders in tackles, he's also defensed 7 passes, and took one to the house. Unfortunately, this is Ray Lewis' spot until he decides it's not anymore.
Tamba Hali- 2nd in the AFC in sacks with 11.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Re: 2011 Pro Bowl is set

Post by Neely8 »

I have no idea why Brandon "The Big Bang Clock" Merriweather made the AFC squad. He was even benched this year for 2 games. He is widely considered the 3rd best safety on the Pats. Confusing.....

As much as I like Logan Mankins im not sure I would put him on there. He is awesome, but sitting out 8 games due to contract reasons should hurt your chances. I guess he is that good.....

Brady, Mayo, Wilfork, and McCourty are all deserving. McCourty should actually start in my opinion.

Snubs:

Rob Gronkowski----Great blocker and has 9 TD's. Awesome season for a rookie TE.
Sebastian Vollmer---Great season. Never heard a word from the guys he was blocking. A mainstay at right tackle.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Suh and Johnson were definite Pro Bowlers. Suh (or McCourty) should win defensive rookie of the year. Johnson had a great year having 3 different QBs throwing to him.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Steelers selections

Maurkice Pouncey (C)
James Harrison (OLB)
Troy Polamalu (S)

Get used to hearing Pouncey's name. Only injury can keep him out of the Hall of Fame. Of course Troy and the Silverback got the votes. They are the two marquee guys.

Snubs

Lawrence Timmons
James Farrior

The two leading tacklers on the best rushing defense in the league don't rate? Give me a break.

Guys homer media guys should stop bitching about

Casey Hampton
Mike Wallace

Hampton is simply not one of the two best nose tackles in the league and Wallace is nowhere near a complete 9 route receiver YET. Wallace's time will come. Hampton's is slipping away with age and poor conditioning.

Guys who would be snubs had they not been injured so often

Aaron Smith
Brett Kiesel

They are the anchors that allow guys like Polamalu and Harrison to fly to the ball and rush the QB. But their stat lines are way less than gaudy. So they get little love outside of Steeler Nation.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

McFadden has just as many total yards, higher ypc and more touchdowns that Jones-Drew while playing in one less game.

Bullshit snub.

Doesn't really matter though. Most of those folks we consider snubbed will end up making it to the final squad anyway.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Paul wrote:SHOULD'VE BEEN IN
Matt Cassel- 25TDs, 5INTs will get you in easily most years, but Tom Brady/Philip Rivers/Peyton Manning simply had better individual seasons.
You seem to contradict yourself here. If Cassel 'should' have been in, why not make an argument for it? Manning has a shitload of INTs and has a much lower QB rating than Cassel.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
You seem to contradict yourself here. If Cassel 'should' have been in, why not make an argument for it? Manning has a shitload of INTs and has a much lower QB rating than Cassel.
It's kind of a moot point anyway....2 (if not ALL) of those QBs won't play in that "game" anyway, so I'm sure Cassel will be named as an alternate at some point.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Paul wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
It's kind of a moot point anyway....2 (if not ALL) of those QBs won't play in that "game" anyway, so I'm sure Cassel will be named as an alternate at some point.
So I take it that this must mean you don't believe the Chiefs will be making the Super Bowl. Not typical of you Paul.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Paul wrote:It's kind of a moot point anyway.

Making a persuasive argument is a moot point? :paul: You are quite the lazy fuck, aren't you?
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

IndyFrisco wrote:So I take it that this must mean you don't believe the Chiefs will be making the Super Bowl. Not typical of you Paul.
This has nothing to do with the Chiefs making it to the Super Bowl.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Making a persuasive argument is a moot point? You are quite the lazy fuck, aren't you?
Not at all....let me simplify this for you, ucunt. Brady is the MVP of the league. PERIOD. Rivers is putting up monster numbers for a passer, and Manning is almost single-handedly willing his team to a playoff birth despite all the Colts' best players going down to injuries.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Then your take is actually the opposite of what you originally posted; Cassel does not deserve to be in. Besides your favorite doughnut (i.e.; a dozen), is there anything you're actually sure of?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Paul wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:So I take it that this must mean you don't believe the Chiefs will be making the Super Bowl. Not typical of you Paul.
This has nothing to do with the Chiefs making it to the Super Bowl.
With the Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl, it has a lot to do with it.If you think the Chiefs are Super Bowl bound (God forbid...) then whoever slides into the slot will be someone who is not Super Bowl bound since those playing in the SB don't play in the PB now.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

IndyFrisco wrote:With the Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl, it has a lot to do with it.If you think the Chiefs are Super Bowl bound (God forbid...) then whoever slides into the slot will be someone who is not Super Bowl bound since those playing in the SB don't play in the PB now.
Where did I EVER say that I think the Chiefs are Super Bowl-bound??? :meds: :doh:

For the record, I just hope and pray they win their 1st playoff game....this season has played out SO much better for them that I ever thought possible, so anything they do good in the playoffs this year is strictly a bonus.

HOPEFULLY Matt Cassel won't be available for the PB because the Chiefs are still playing for a ring. My guess is that Brady and Manning certainly won't be available for it, but we'll just have to wait and see.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

If you ask me, the Pro Bowl should be held the same week as the NFL combine. Let everybody heal up, make participation mandatory in the new CBA and use the week to allow older players to work with and mentor the younger players. Have the combine Wed-Saturday and cap the week off on Sunday with a game between two groups of the best graded combine participants to be followed by the the Pro Bowl.

Of course, this will never happen and the Pro Bowl will continue to be the worst of the major sport all star exhibitions.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Paul wrote: My guess is that Brady and Manning certainly won't be available for it, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Even if Brady is 'available', he won't play. He hasn't played since the 2005 Pro Bowl. He skipped 07/09 and also turned down an offer to be a
'replacement' in 06.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Paul wrote: This has nothing to do with the Chiefs making it to the Super Bowl.

Can I get a :facepalm: up in this bitch?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

yeah, I know Brandon Lloyd has the most yardage, but IMHO, no fucking denver player should have made it

is this like MLB where they're required to take at least one person from every team?
get out, get out while there's still time