World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Guess where Cliff Lee is signing?

Post by Goober McTuber »

jiminphilly wrote:Image

Best.
Rotation.
Ever.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Goober McTuber wrote:

Best.
Rotation.
Ever.

I don't think so.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Compelling argument, care to elaborate?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

First of all, glad he didn't sign with the Yankees. Glad to see someone thumb their nose at their money. It's not like he's going to play for free in Philly but there has to be a large number of fans today just happy about that fact he stoned them for another club...me being one of them.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

jiminphilly wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

Best.
Rotation.
Ever.

I don't think so.
You think you've got 4 20-game winners?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Goober McTuber wrote: You think you've got 4 20-game winners?
In a 5 man rotation? No.
Is that all your basing this on?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Different era, different game.

Halladay, at his best, is every bit as good as Palmer. He'll also be in the HOF someday.

Lee/Oswalt are very respectable. Lee has a Cy, just like Cuellar did. Oswalt has five "Top 5" finishes in the Cy Young. Neither player is Hall worthy, but are damned good pitchers right now. Just like Cuellar and McNally were in their prime.

Hamels versus Dobson? Yeah, whatever. Dobson was basically a one year wonder and had a career sub .500 record. Hamels seems to be up and down every other year.

A case could be made for either side.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Phillies better win this year. Halladay and C-Lee aren't getting any younger. They're at the backend of their primes, which is why it was a blessing in disguise for Texas and New York to miss out on signing him. He's 32 and has a history of injury problems. His last few years of his contract will be a miserable disaster for Philly because he will be a mixture of injured and sucky while they're paying him a shit ton of money, and you won't be able to trade him.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

TheJON wrote:Phillies better win this year. Halladay and C-Lee aren't getting any younger. They're at the backend of their primes, which is why it was a blessing in disguise for Texas and New York to miss out on signing him. He's 32 and has a history of injury problems. His last few years of his contract will be a miserable disaster for Philly because he will be a mixture of injured and sucky while they're paying him a shit ton of money, and you won't be able to trade him.

I think they just gave themselves a 2-3 year window. I wouldn't say Halladay is in the back-end of his prime. His pre and post game workouts are insane/stuff of legends and it's going to keep him in the game for a long time ala Nolan Ryan. Lee and Oswalt have had injury issues but both finished the year very strong. The Phillies certainly got older though they do have some younger arms in development that will hopefully be ready in a few years. Being the 5th starter on this rotation means you just sit back and watch and learn and kick in 10 wins. Hamels is a headcase but when he's on his game he's one of the toughest pitchers in all of baseball. The addition of Halladay and Oswalt seemed to make him push himself harder. With Lee, how good can Hamels be?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Different era, different game.

Halladay, at his best, is every bit as good as Palmer. He'll also be in the HOF someday.

Lee/Oswalt are very respectable. Lee has a Cy, just like Cuellar did. Oswalt has five "Top 5" finishes in the Cy Young. Neither player is Hall worthy, but are damned good pitchers right now. Just like Cuellar and McNally were in their prime.

Hamels versus Dobson? Yeah, whatever. Dobson was basically a one year wonder and had a career sub .500 record. Hamels seems to be up and down every other year.

A case could be made for either side.
They all have to put it together the same year, as the Orioles did in 1971.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Or maybe it was the 1998 Atlanta Braves:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... trotations