Oregon's new basketball court

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oregon's new basketball court

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

In keeping with the Oregon tradition of aesthetically abusive products...

Seems like they could've saved some cash by strapping some sand paper to the feet of a drunken frat guy, let him glide around for 20 minutes, and pay him in Natty Light.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Oregon's new basketball court

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Could be worse.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i can honestly say that i never thought i'd see "distressed" basketball courts. the new that is already old and you pay extra for.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Could be worse.
Because it "could be worse" that means it's not god awful? I don't follow.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Exactly, moron.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So nothing can actually be bad, since according to the laws of logic, it "could be worse?" That's what you're rolling with? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I thought the photo was pixelated until I saw the seats. Is that supposed to a hoop under the O?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

That's pretty sweet looking
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:Is that supposed to a hoop under the O?

I'm not sure -- but it might be a very stylized "Matt."

Since Mac Court is replaced by Matt Court (in honor of Matt Knight, who died a few years ago, and his dad paid for the building).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Looks like the name of the arena under the O
Dreams......Temporary Madness
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Thanks for letting me off the hook as the ugliest court in college basketball.

Sin,
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I think A&M's court would be fine if they just went to a normal "T" at midcourt. That star looks stupid. Otherwise, it's fine.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

TheJON wrote:I think A&M's court would be fine if they just went to a normal "T" at midcourt. That star looks stupid. Otherwise, it's fine.
A smaller aTm would be more appropriate. As I've said in threads before on court designs, the overkill the schools and the NCAA got with insisting on filling in the 2pt area with colors or patterns or any god forgiven designs (see: Florida throughout the years) has been the worst.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

From the company that designed Oregon's court: Another version they considered.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That looks like a level from Zelda.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That looks like a level from Zelda.
Only played Zelda a few times so I'll leave the faggotry up to you.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
TheJON wrote:I think A&M's court would be fine if they just went to a normal "T" at midcourt. That star looks stupid. Otherwise, it's fine.
A smaller aTm would be more appropriate. As I've said in threads before on court designs, the overkill the schools and the NCAA got with insisting on filling in the 2pt area with colors or patterns or any god forgiven designs (see: Florida throughout the years) has been the worst.
the 90's trend of a "basketball" filling in the key circle was the worst, imo. Nebraska still had this at the Devaney Center until just a couple years ago. the Allen FH KU Jayhawk at center court is also overly-gigantic like the ATM star logo. not a fan of ATM's court, but it's unique.
Last edited by King Crimson on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

King Crimson wrote:the Allen FH KU Jayhawk at center court is also overly-gigantic like the ATM star logo. not a fan of ATM's court, but it's unique.
That's not unusual, almost all teams went to that style as a marketing effort. Same thing with teams going with initials and words under logos.

Although it's gaudy and disgusting, so is modern marketing. And the bball in the key circle isn't worse than filing in the 2pt area.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i had the UO court explained to me today. if you look at the first pic, it's the vantage point of someone lying on their back in the woods staring up at the sky. the edges of the court lined with trees....douglas firs or pines of whatever they have in Org.
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

looks like Hebrew lettering under the O

Mizzou gets to play on that new court. I'm guessing nobody on the Mizzou squad has ever laid on their backs in nature and looked up at the sky.

worst is Gallagher Iba. I can't remember what the court looks like, but I remember hating it a lot along with everything else that happens in there. fuck Travis Ford.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bizzarofelice wrote: worst is Gallagher Iba. I can't remember what the court looks like, but I remember hating it a lot along with everything else that happens in there. fuck Travis Ford.
I absolutely refuse to watch any TV game broadcast from OK ST, much like Duke. That camera angle just blows. Period. I'd rather watch a dome game half-stadium because the angle is lower.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Here's the floor.

Now, focus about 750 zillion watts of television lighting upon the surface, and you have a phenomena known as the "Glare Cam", which renders every single game televised out of that shithole completely unwatchable.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Gallagher-Iba is like the camera is in a helicopter. sucks. Kyle Field is a little that way to me as well.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:i douglas firs or pines of whatever they have in Org.

Both?

Lots of different trees in Oregon, believe it or not.

Pines on the Eastside/Dryside, firs on the Wetside... Eugene of course being West.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i only meant the trees on the court, not suggesting by any means that Oregon has limited or deficient flora. :D
"