The Bruins are a shoo-in to win The Cup!

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

The Bruins are a shoo-in to win The Cup!

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I know some of you don't want to hear this, but I'm inclined to say they will go undefeated the rest of the year too. You can't possibly tell me that there's another team out there, even in the Western Conf, who can logically compete on the same rink. Montreal is done, WASH is not as good as advertised, and MAYBE the Penguins but even they don't scare anyone. The have all sorts of issues. In the WC, there are a bunch of pretenders like the Wings and Sharks and that's it.

Why even play the games this year? We all know that Boston is going all the way and it won't even be interesting. Cload Julien will prove that he is a clutch coach.

Lucic is Neely reincarnated, Bergeron is healthy, Savard isn't even back yet and they are still dominating. The Cup is theirs. Not to mention, their back up goalie is better than anyone else's starting goalie. I haven't even dropped the ROY's name yet, Seguin. :lol: They could play 4 on 5 all year and still win this thing.

Woo!

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: The Bruins are a shoo-in to win The Cup!

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice YAFJ impression. Funny shit.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

They look good that is for sure. Another win over the hapless Crapitals will go a long way tonight.......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hapless? Go fuck yourself, moron.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Please continue to keep the Flyers off your radar.

TIA.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Which worthless shitstain are you guys trotting out between the pipes this season?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

2-0 and soon to be 3-0 against the Crapitals. Hapless......yeah I said it.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ORLY, tard?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ORLY?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Which worthless shitstain are you guys trotting out between the pipes this season?
Who is this addressed to?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:You.
I take it you haven't seen Bobrovsky play yet?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:ORLY
What does this mean, slapnuts?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:
Not until I saw him lose in OT Sunday.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:ORLY
What does this mean, slapnuts?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

13 year old text-speak much? you are hereby banned from this very serious and quite amazing thread.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Not until I saw him lose in OT Sunday.
So you saw him stone Ovechkin a few times?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:So you saw him stone Ovechkin a few times?
Guess that's a step up from Nittimakki, right?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:So you saw him stone Ovechkin a few times?
Guess that's a step up from Nittimakki, right?
Anyone is a step up from that overated piece of garbage. Even Boucher.
Kinda nice to have Leighton as a backup in a month or so too.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

As soon as we find a taker for Tim Thomas and fire Cload Julien, we'll be all set. Cam Neely is just biding his time.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

17 goals in 3 games? Why are we even going to play this out? Fuck the Flyers. Fuck the Penguins. Fuck the Caps. Like we haven't shoved our sticks up your collective asses all year long.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

:mrgreen:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:17 goals in 3 games? Why are we even going to play this out? Fuck the Flyers. Fuck the Penguins. Fuck the Caps. Like we haven't shoved our sticks up your collective asses all year long.

RACK!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:I take it you haven't seen Bobrovsky play yet?
Which of your 3 loser goalies is this asshole? :lol: I hear they are going to disinter Pelle Lindbergh's corpse and have him play tomorrow night.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:I take it you haven't seen Bobrovsky play yet?
Which of your 3 loser goalies is this asshole? :lol: I hear they are going to disinter Pelle Lindbergh's corpse and have him play tomorrow night.
:oops:

Bob looked ok in relief of Bouche. Considering the guy is 22, doesn't speak a lick of English and has never played this many games in his life, I'd say he's done fairly well. The crime is the Flyers thinking Bouche was a legit playoff goalie. He flat out sucks.

Tim Thomas has been flat out sick at times.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Yeah. Philly deserved game 2. Thomas flat out stole that game. Game 1, he sorta won that as well because Philly dominated the 3rd period.

Last night, the Flyers just looked like ass. Of course, if Carter and Pronger were somewhat healthy, who knows what the series would be.

Van Reimsdyke will be a 50+ goal scorer in this league. How did he only score 20 goals in the regular season?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dear Ted Leonsis:

For years, us Caps fans have accepted your bullshit takes of "Be patient. We're doing things the right way." All season long, we accepted your bullshit take of "We're transitioning into a defense-oriented team." All season long, we accepted your bullshit take that "we're building a team for the postseason."

Fuck you, Ted. We're sick of your bullshit phony karmic philosophies. Your happy-go-lucky garbage like "The Pursuit of Happiness (Made Easier When You're Smoking Blunts Rolled in $1,000 Bills)" We're sick of you endorsing regular season hockey players. We're sick and fucking tired of you and your GM, George McPhee, continuing to bloat the egos of your young, regular-season oriented, defense-allergic players with huge fucking contracts they don't deserve. Stop telling us you're "locking up the core of your franchise." You eliminated the hunger from these young charges and you are reaping the fucking rewards.

We're sick and fucking tired of you, Ted. You can't teach old dogs new tricks. How the hell were a bunch of finesse, soft and offensive-oriented players like Backstrom and Semin (who need to be traded IMMEDIATELY), Fehr, Bradley, Green, Shultz, Alzner and Carlson all of the sudden going play defense-first, hard-nosed playoff hockey? They weren't. Watching Ovechkin sacrifice his body while assholes like Semin and Backstrom float around the top of the circles, waiting for a blast? Get the fuck out of here. Taking bad penalties, turning the puck over in the defensive zone? I've seen midget teams play more inspired. Fehr, Bradley, Shultz and Alzner couldn't clog up a toilet if their lives depended on it, never the less clog up a neutral zone. NICE FUCKING LINEUP THERE, TED.

Enough, Ted. Take your blog and shove it up your ass. Take your snarky ass replies to local press who criticize you on your obviously idiotic personnel decisions and put them in your piehole. Ted, ever heard the phrase "If you sit down at a poker table and can't find the sucker, you're the sucker?" Yeah, and if you can't realize that Ernie Grunfeld is not the future of the Wizards, YOU are the Grade-A, bonafide moron, not those who call you on your stupidity. What an uninspired pile of shit you dropped on us for 2011. Tampa, who BARELY, BARELY squeaked by a depleted Pittsburgh team without its two best players somehow looks UNSTOPPABLE because they're playing a soft team like the Caps?

Fuck you, Ted. We're sick and fucking tired of your "be patient" attitude towards McPhee and Bruce. Steve fucking Yzerman is in his first fucking year as GM of the Lightning and they're about to be eight wins away from a Cup. How is it that a franchise in complete and utter disarray one season ago is about to play in the conference semis? Oh that's right, running into a Washington team made for the regular season. But they're doing things the "right" way, folks.

Can't believe I'm about to say this. Fire McPhee, lean towards firing Bruce and hire the first fucking assistant GM available out of Detroit. Obviously Jimmy Devellano has a better eye for future GM talent than you do.

Screw you, Ted. You make me fucking sick. The Crapitals are back, baby!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Just curious, Screwball, do you pimp any teams that are even remotely decent?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

In the Craps defense, the Lightning are a 1-3-1 trapping, greasy POS fucking Euro trash outfit, just like Montreal. They should fucking be called the Luganises, because they dive like rockstars and inhale copious amount of cock. I was hoping to play Washington in the EC Finals, just so we could play some good ole fashioned hockey. Fuck Tampon. They draw penalties and score on the PP. That's all they're fucking good at. Die.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Just curious, Screwball, do you pimp any teams that are even remotely decent?
The Craps are better than remotely decent, that's the problem.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Van Reimsdyke will be a 50+ goal scorer in this league. How did he only score 20 goals in the regular season?
ON paper the Flyers are a deep, offensive team and that meant less ice time for JVR. But something clicked with the guy and maybe it was more ice-time because of injuries or maybe it was just a maturation process of the course of a season but he's certainly turning heads for next season.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Seguin!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Defense optional. Tampa is playing like they are in fear of man rape.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

4 more wins, Chowds...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Great game. I nearly shit myself. I think Rolosson actually outplayed Thomas. B's controlled the play and had many more legit scoring chances.

RACK Steven Stamkos, btw. I can't believe he returned after getting his nose shattered. Blood was just oozing out the rest of the game. Tough SOB.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Amazing game. Back and forth the whole time. Im so glad the refs let them play. B's carried the offensive play. Tampa looked alot more tired then the B's. They were lacking any jump in their step. Stamkos is a beast. I was shocked he got off the ice so fast. That guy earned my respect forever with coming back after that. GO B'S!!!!!!
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:RACK Steven Stamkos, btw. I can't believe he returned after getting his nose shattered. Blood was just oozing out the rest of the game. Tough SOB.
That is why hockey players are the toughest and why that should never be questioned.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I've been on the fence with who I'd root for in the finals but Thomas is a G...gotta love that guy. With Horton gone for the series...he's got to be x-factor of the series. If the Bruins win, he's the Conn Smythe winner.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Thomas has always been the X Factor. After the Montreal series in which he gave up quite a few soft goals, he's been stoning people left and right. Granted, he occasionally gets caught out of postition because he comes so far out to challenge the puck (see also, the game 2 11 seconds into OT loss)... but he's carried this team to the Finals. No way they beat Tampa without numerous sick fucking saves.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good luck Chowds...I'm pulling for ya tonight. The Raymond injury further hampers that the lack of productions from the second line. Raymond-Kesler-Higgins have combined for only 2 assists and a combined -10 rating. The Bruins lost Horton but they could plug in the #2 overall pick in the draft and move Peverley up on the wing with Krejci and Lucic. Peverley has had as many points in the series anyone of the Canucks. I really thought the Canucks would have the more balanced attack but only Lapierre and Burrows are the only two Canucks to score more than one goal in the series while the Bruins have gotten at least one goal from 7 different guys and none of them with more than 3. They just seem to have a different group of guys each night carry the load.

Luongo has been resilient considering all the doubts that have crept in when the Canucks nearly blew the 3-0 lead to the Hawks and he fought off the Preds and Sharks and does have 2 shutouts in this series in spite of the awful games in Boston. No matter what happens in the game tonight, I don't know how Thomas does get the Conn Smythe. For a series where he's lost 3 games, you can't have a much lower GAA than what he's had (1.34). Both of Luongo's shutouts were 1-0 games...he was just a single goal better than Thomas. I think you have to look at tonight with the thought that Boston has looked so much better in Vancouver than the Canucks did in Boston...the Bruins are 0-3 on the road but lost each game by a single goal. It's really the narrowest of margins when they lose two 1-0 games and lose the other in OT. They've been the much better team and in the series and it should play out that they bring it home tonight in the deciding game.

I'm calling for 3-1 Bruins...Marchand, Ryder and Krejci and the lone Canucks goal from Higgins. Thomas takes the Conn Smythe and the Bruins bring the Cup back to Beantown.