9/11 general gameday thread (early, at least)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

9/11 general gameday thread (early, at least)

Post by King Crimson »

Kansas showing some spark, in the RZ again tied with GT. i forgot Chuck Long was the OC architect of that 3 point effort last week. oooof.

option football still gives me a chubby. pretty active ground for KU, after last week and being KU.

edit: much much later, "ground" should be "crowd". weird.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: 9/11 general gameday thread (early, at least)

Post by Shoalzie »

Florida :lol:
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

South Florida is up 7-0 over Florida....early in the first. After their slow start this season, I'm wondering if their past success was due to Tebow or Urban, and that Urban might not be the coach he's been hyped up to be.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

And Minnesota is getting beat by South Dakota. Geez, just how bad is Minnesota?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mace wrote:And Minnesota is getting beat by South Dakota. Geez, just how bad is Minnesota?
i guess maybe jon was right about Brewster. he's got Colorado (state, not CU) ties and was well thought of around here.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Mace wrote:And Minnesota is getting beat by South Dakota. Geez, just how bad is Minnesota?
Minnie just fumbled it away...SD up 21-10 going into the half.

Boy is Minnie bad.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

In the Pick'Em, I had a last minute change of heart, and went with USC to cover, and dropped East Carolina.

From this, I can just about guarantee that USC won't cover, since ECU is up by 1000 points.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i do love the mute button. it usually takes me about a quarter of Dave Lapham (or usually any other "team") to remember it's there. rock a little tunes, watch the game.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Wake and Duke: 35-35 at the half. now, 3rd.

Sparty gonna need to get to work if they are going to cover the 28.5 or whatever against Schnelly and FAU.
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jsc810 wrote:Yeah look at Kansas, what a difference a week can make.
No shit, and it looks like half the pick 'em game took GTK, including yours truly. Congrats to 'spray for going the other direction.

How the hell does a team that can only muster 3 points against a D-II opponent light up the 16th ranked Yellowjackets for 28?

Ponderous.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote: I know it's early, but god damn. I've seen a LOT of shitty football in the last week.
you should see Colorado. down 31-0 at the half. had a first and goal that went backwards 30 yards (!) on penalties....then miss the FG. with 11 seconds left in the half, CU QB attempts a left handed (he's a righty) overhand shovel pass thing after being flushed from the pocket that goes pick six for Cal the other way. score is closer than the game. it's truly awful football.

OU's D is doing a great job on Ponder, right now.
"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I agree with 'Spray on all points. Good call.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Papa Willie wrote:Obviously, Va. Tech is beyond being shitty.
You are being generous Spray. This is the worst I have felt about this team since 1998 when they lost at home to Temple. I believe they were ranked #14 at the time and Temple had never won an away game as a member of the Big East. It was the last Tech game I ever attended. I was so pissed. I currently look back fondly in that day.

The only solace I take in this loss is fucking over Boise State, and that barely moves my peepee.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

King Crimson wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: I know it's early, but god damn. I've seen a LOT of shitty football in the last week.
you should see Colorado. down 31-0 at the half. had a first and goal that went backwards 30 yards (!) on penalties....then miss the FG. with 11 seconds left in the half, CU QB attempts a left handed (he's a righty) overhand shovel pass thing after being flushed from the pocket that goes pick six for Cal the other way. score is closer than the game. it's truly awful football.

OU's D is doing a great job on Ponder, right now.
Yeah, the "Granola Bowl" is a fucking trainwreck right now. Guess I might be watching a little more of these other games than I'd planned. I think CU might have more yards in penalties than offense right now.
"Keys, woman!"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Holy Heyward, Batman!!
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote:4. Florida = SUCKED bad for 6 1/2 quarters, and then the dumbasses finally realized they have the fastest man in football in Jeff Demps. They turned the suck switch to off in the second half, but I'm not still sure that this may be the worst UF team since the late 80's.
The game was given to them, plain and simple.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

King Crimson wrote: Colorado. down 31-0 at the half. had a first and goal that went backwards 30 yards (!) on penalties....then miss the FG. with 11 seconds left in the half, CU QB attempts a left handed (he's a righty) overhand shovel pass thing after being flushed from the pocket that goes pick six for Cal the other way. score is closer than the game. it's truly awful football..
It must be obvious even to the CU coaches that they're just logging time until they're unemployed. Is it really that hard to coach offensive players to go ON the snap count- not before, not after, but ON the snap count? Funny that other teams seem to manage it reasonably well. And if the coaches can't be bothered to coach, the players seemed like they didn't even have the remotest clue what they were trying to do or why they were even there. It's almost exactly like the way things were 30 years ago when You Know Who was fucking things up at Boulder College
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..