Boston with all these players on the DL- still dominant

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Boston with all these players on the DL- still dominant

Post by R-Jack »

Toddowen wrote:Fukken A's are still alive. The catastrophe in Texas is going to be devastating if they don't make the post-season and fall to the A's.
The A's can't play the Red Sox every game, so I don't really see that happening.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Yankees choked to the Rays tonight and the Sox got another win so that's 7.5 back with about 20 games to go. Still doable since Boston still has a series left with the yankees that they can sweep, and the Yankees are playing steady .300 ball lately :lol:

The Red Sox pitching staff is getting into late September form so they can do this.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yanks/Rays was a hell of a series (with a bad outcome).

Sux are done.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff 2 weeks from now wrote:Marty pulled up with the Delorean outside Fenway last night. Luckily, with all the hispanics on the team, they can fit in the passenger seat. They hit 88 mph and the flux capacitor kicked in gear and POOF!, back in time they went! Hopefully they can avoid the Biffrays back in July. Just you wait and see. It's not over yet! Doc Brown'll get'em there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Getting Pettitte back would help as well.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

6 and 1/2 back in wild card with 12 games to play (Rays with 1 game in hand).

Yanks could knock them out this weekend.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Toddowen wrote:Look at the positive, YaFJ. At least Boston is mathematicaly assured of finishing above .500 winning pct. for the year.
They are close to clinching 3rd place as well.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Toddowen wrote:Uh oh. I think if the Sox win all the rest of their games and the Yankees lose the rest, then the Boston would replace NY as the winner of the wild card. :lol:
Nice math. Actually at this point it will be a wild card tie, and that's exactly what we're headed for as the yankees are taking it in the ass to the Blue Jays tonight while Boston is rolling over Chicago. I told you. This is the time of year that Boston kicks it into high gear and you get to see who has the true heart. Dice-K was masterful last night against the Yankees and Lester completely rolled them as well. Those two alone are enough to carry a staff, and then you throw in the rest and they can't be beat. Red Sox are playing grind-it-out dirtbag ball right now and scratch out runs. I was laughing my ass off at how they exposed Rivera last night, running all over him at will. Even Bill Hall got two easy steals :lol:

Two losses by the Yankees after tonight and Boston controls its own destiny. This is going to be an even bigger choke than '04. Boston can go ahead and sweep the deflated ChiSox and then the Yanks come to Fenway for a nice three-game asswhipping and then they should get that one-game playoff at Fenway and take care of business. And no, the Twins or Rays aren't getting past Boston in the playoffs either :lol:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Toddowen wrote:Not even the players themselves believes that The Sox have a chance. It's over and they know it.
Show me where one Red Sox player was quoted saying "we're not making the playoffs....time to mail it in." That's not dirtbag baseball. they control their own destiny after the Yankees lose two more (and it will happen because that pitching staff is sucking ass and nobody hits anymore) and get it to Fenway. Sure, a week ago it may have looked bleak but I've been saying all along- this is a special team that has the qualities of the '04 team and just has that certain "it" factor about it where they never give up and keep fighting. The yankees took everything for granted and once they get back to Fenway, expect their rubber Cheerios to tighten up as they all swing from their heels. Meanwhile the Reds Sox are just playing small ball and manufacturing runs and getting timely hits, not to mention fuck-you-in-the-ass defense and pitching. They're going to do this for Lowell.

Then we'll see who's fucked in the head.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Obviously MLB needs to change the seeding system because the Sox got jobbed this season. The Rangers and Twins are better teams than the BoSox? :lol:

Boston will end up with a better record than at least one of those teams while playing MUCH stiffer competition in the East. Also, they kicked Tampa and the Yankees' asses this year head to head. You can't tell me that Boston doesn't deserve a playoff spot. All year its been these three teams battling it out....a three-team race with the pretenders Minny and Tejas and the White Sox just being second teir. Yankees-Rays will probably be your ALCS since the other teams don't even belong. Put Boston in there with Lester-Lackey-DIceK and you have teams shitting their britches including Philly.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:You can't tell me that Boston doesn't deserve a playoff spot.
Pretty sure that the records indicate that they don't.

Good night now!!!!!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I'm a Fuckin Idiot wrote:Boston will end up with a better record than at least one of those teams while playing MUCH stiffer competition in the East. Also, they kicked Tampa and the Yankees' asses this year head to head.
Boston is 7-8 against the Yankees, 7-11 against Tampa. You fucking tool.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/games ... mit=Submit
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Toddowen wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: The Rangers and Twins are better teams than the BoSox?

Yes. They are better. They finished atop their divisions, while Boston will show up in 3rd place in theirs at the end of the season.
That doesn't mean that they are better. They both played in bullshit divisions while the Sox played in one of the best divisions in MLB history. And even with all the injuries Boston went through, they still may manage a better record than both of those pathetic clubs. What major injuries did the Rangers and Twins have? They are both aided by cheap divisions and they will suck in the playoffs. Stop ignoring the facts. And Goober I didn't realize that Tampa and the Yankees won season series' against Boston; it seemed like everytime I looked up, Boston was pasting the Rays and laying the hammer to the Yankees but I guess I was wrong since they lost more than they won. But that just serves my point even more; imagine if the Twins and/or Rangers had to play 15-17 games in a season against the yanks and Rays? :lol: Holy shit talk about being a .500 ballclub. Put Boston in the AL West and they win 100 games....even being in the East they still destroy the Twinks and Rump Rangers recordwise. :lol:

Now who's the tool?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Toddowen wrote:

What's next? Crying about injuries? The Yankees had injuries too. Yet that didn't stop them.
Outside of Pettitte they didn't have any injuries. And Posada doesn't count because he's done anyway. The Bosox entire roster was depleted by injuries but Theo and Tito kept it going since they are the best-run organization in baseball and have the best farm system in the bigs. The yankees didn't have injuries- just overpaid, aging shitty stars who can't produce. And they make dumbass signings like Kearns and Berkman who both suck ass. Boston finds the right mix every year even with tons of injuries. beckett was out most of the year, MVP Pedrioa, and of course Yook, and they still mowed teams down.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Toddowen wrote:Ucant is right. You must be trolling.

It only took you what... 3 years to figure this out?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Now who's the tool?
Uh, sorry, it's still you.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Toddowen wrote:What about A-Rod being injured?

Of course, the Yankees put up phenomenal numbers while he was out, so that doesn't really matter, right?

Swisher was injured for a spell too from what I recall.
Granderson was on the DL as well earlier in the season
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
Toddowen wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: The Rangers and Twins are better teams than the BoSox?

Yes. They are better. They finished atop their divisions, while Boston will show up in 3rd place in theirs at the end of the season.
That doesn't mean that they are better. They both played in bullshit divisions while the Sox played in one of the best divisions in MLB history.
Yes, it does mean they are better. Didn't the White Sox come into Fenway not too long ago and sweep a 4 game series against Boston? Real bullshit division I guess.
Now who's the tool?
That'd be you
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Heard an interesting stat either Saturday or Sunday and it proves that the entire season matters.

Over the last 120 games Boston had a better record than the Rays.