Been a coupla weeks

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Been a coupla weeks

Post by Dinsdale »

But I forgot to tell you guys about a recent round at an easy 9 holer coupla weeks ago...

1st -- tailwind pushed my tee shot a little long, to where a tree blocked my approach. Had to punch it under, and had no line on the green, so I made a sweet punch and put it pin high, just off the apron. Then I chipped the motherfucker in.

Bird, baby. Memo to me: ALWAYS head back to the car and wait for the others after a bird on 1.

2nd -- perfect 7 iron to the corner of the dogleg, right on the landing area. About 105 out, downhill. Perfect stroke of the sandwedge, lawn-darted the bitch. 8 foot putt... GOOD!

Now -2 after 2. Stay in the zone, don't think about the can of asswhooping you're opening, OK?

3rd -- very short par 3. Got a hair too much on the LW, and didn't spin it back to the front of the green where the flag was. Long putt. Broke off at the end, leaving a long comebacker... which I missed.

Bog.

4th -- really short par 4. Crappy drive, but up the middle. Crappy wedge. Mediocre chip, 2-putt.

Bog. Back to even.

5th -- reachable par 5. Drive went in the trees, but bounced out. Hybrid going for the bomb... duffed clean across the fairway, into the trees on the other side, behind a pond. Yet I still managed to get it through a gap in the tree branches and on the green (was pretty happy with that shot) . 2 putt.

Par.

6th -- short par 4. Elbow is now killing me, and...

DOUBLE

7th -- DOUBLE

8th -- DOUBLE

9th -- DOUBLE

Oh, yeah, I was a happy camper. 2-under after 2, 8 over after 9.

No clubs went in the water, no one else on the course was injured, and no one was a road rage victim on the way home...

RACK my anger management skills.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Been a coupla weeks

Post by indyfrisco »

My cousin would have cut down one of those little trees you guys got there with his clubs had he done that.

I'm damn used to getting 4 birdies in a round and still shooting in the 80s. I can lie and call it good anger management skills, but no need to. The game simply has defeated me, and I'm ok with it. I'll never be the golfer again I was 15 years ago. I'd rather play high 70s/low 80s and enjoy myself than the high 60s/low 70s asshole I once was who yelled, cussed, threw clubs, took huge divots after bad shots, whacked balls off the green damaging them, etc.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

If the weather cooperates, I have a nice Wolf game with four single handicappers this afternoon.

I plan on losing a penny if things should south. And by 'penny', I'm talking in gambling terms.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

The weather cooperated yesterday and it ended up being one of my more consistent days in a long time. I never got into trouble and just played a meh round. 9 pars and 9 bogeys for a very boring 81. My short game was piss poor again and it cost me 5 strokes, but I was happy I never got into any trouble.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Beautiful day yesterday. Golf was not beautiful. I'm not even posting my score here. Began with a 9....but damn sure posting it online for my handicap. I sure as shit am not playing to my 8 handicap right now.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Putting up 9, even on a 5, fucking sucks and screws up a round.

Putting up 9 on the first freaking hole (I feel ya -- when my elbow was really fucking with me, I carded a 10 on the 1st recently)... it doesn't just screw up your score, I destroys your enthusiasm.

I can deal with tanking a hole, as long as it isn't #1.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I meant my 18 hole score began with a 9 which is why I am embarrassed to put how bad that round was. In fact, two rounds in a row (Sat and Wed) my 18 hole score began with a 9. This same course I had been dominating. Ever since I got back from Hilton Head Island (which dominated me), I have been playing like SHIT!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Human nature, which we're all pretty much ruled by:

If you blow up #1, you're done.

I can usually recover from a blowup... unless it's #1 (2 ain't a real enthusiasm booster, either).

But something about putting up a shit number on 1 just kills.

Hell, a double on 1 is pretty bad, unless some lame course has 1 as their "signature hole" or some stupid shit.

A triple on 1 sucks the life out of a person, but maybe not beyond repair (and enough drinks).

But anything over a triple on 1... I'm swimming in tears, and it's all about practicing the out-of-the-ordinary shots and trying new things at that point.

Fuck, I hate blowing up on 1. And I ain't even playing for a paycheck -- I can only imagine how a tour player feels after duffing up 1.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:I meant my 18 hole score began with a 9

I understand now-BTW.

Don't sweat the nineties. It happens.

As long as it's two digits, just appreciate a day on the course.

If it cracks three digits -- get mad and go home and beat up your family, and be verbally abusive towards the other drivers on your way home... you'll feel better.

90's is nothing to get angry about, regardless how good you are (I have a golf buddy who's had the injury bug, and he jumps for joy if he gets 90's lately... all a matter of perspective. Fucker still plays despite his pain, though, making him a Golf Stud).

Seems to me, if you can get out and play a round, then go home to your loved ones... it's a good day...

As long as you keep it under 100.

110 if you're really drunk.