John Wooden: Almost dead

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

John Wooden: Almost dead

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Per ESPN News.

Who are the tards who accused him of cheating?
John Wooden hospitalized in grave condition

John Wooden, a Hall of Famer as both a basketball player and coach, is in grave condition at UCLA Medical Center, according to several media outlets. Wooden, 99, won an unprecedented 10 national titles in 12 years, incuding seven in a row, as UCLA's coach.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: John Wooden: Almost dead

Post by Killian »

Wooden cheating was pretty common knowledge.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Unfortunately for Coach Wooden, the odds of a 99 year old surviving a "grave" prognosis is worse than Cal winning a Rose Bowl.

poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Killian wrote:Wooden cheating was pretty common knowledge.
Envy doesn't wear well on you. Just be happy ND won a game or two during "the era".
E UNUM PLURIBUS
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

The Seer wrote:
Envy doesn't wear well on you. Just be happy ND won a game or two during "the era".

It's common knowledge that he cheated.

But who would be in more denial than a fan of "Slick Rick"

What's his over/under on fucla having an Oline this century ???

http://bruingold.com/forums/index.php4? ... &mode=full

per Tracy [Pierson] on BRO Premium Board:

"I'm hearing that Stan Hasiak had a recent incident in which he allowed his temper to flare again, in a very unacceptable fashion"

Neuweasel will keep him because the Bruins are so desperate for Olinemen.

Killian

Post by Killian »

Sure, Seer. I'm sure the bags of cash that ended up on a recruits door step were totally legal. Either that or Wooden knew nothing about it. How very "Van" of you.

And there is no envy. I don't give a fuck about NCAA basketball.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How many sports are there that you don't care about, yet you post in their forums? 15?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Yep, 15. Or 2. This one (rarely) and the NFL forum (rarely). Don't be a bitter cunt because my limited time in those forums led to you getting your ass spanked because you don't know shit about anything but hockey.

You don't think John Wooden cheated? Google the name "Sam Gilbert". Ask Bill Walton. It was a known fact that UCLA laughed at NCAA rules. It took 15 years for Wooden to win a title at UCLA, and he won as soon as Gilbert started getting involved. And the NCAA slapped UCLA on the wrist with some minor infractions after Wooden left.

But I wouldn't expect you to know any of this shit because, well, you're you and you don't know shit about anything.
Last edited by Killian on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'd like to think we can reach some sort of compromise on this. John Wooden was both an excellent basketball coach and a phenomenal cheater. Everybody happy now?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:Yep, 15. Or 2. This one (rarely) and the NFL forum (rarely). Don't be a bitter cunt because my limited time in those forums led to you getting your ass spanked because you don't know shit about anything but hockey.
Nobody fucking cares. Typical Wal-Mart Irish fan ignorance.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Do you try to suck this hard at everything you do? I picture you as the real life version of Netboy Reid, spinning the cylinder trying to work up the courage to finally pull the trigger. Has it occurred to you that everything you post is wrong?

And don't kid yourself, you care. Every time you've tried to call me out or go head to head with me on anything, you've come out on the losing end. Do you know why? Because I actually know things. I don't just run head long into a post, flailing my arms like a 7 year old and then wonder why I'm pulling multiple plungers out of my ass, like you do on a daily basis.

Nice try to rip the "Wal-Mart" from "Wal-Mart Wolverine" and trying to use it on ND fans. Do you have your rejection letter from UofM framed and use it as "motivation" everyday? Or are you too busy trying to justify your directional school education to actually find a job? You know, Netboy Reid is probably a poor analogy. We should all just start calling you fredo_michigan. All of your posts scream "I can handle things, I'm smart, not like everybody says. Not dumb, I'm smart, and I want respect!"

Now go back and pick out anything I've said in these posts about Wooden and try to refute it. You won't, because you can't, and you'll tuck your tail between your legs and run away like you always do.

And you should look up the definition of "ignorance". Where am I lacking knowledge? I guess I can see why you aren't a writer. Not knowing the definition of words or basic grammar is probably a deal breaker.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Killian wrote:Yep, 15. Or 2. This one (rarely) and the NFL forum (rarely). Don't be a bitter cunt because my limited time in those forums led to you getting your ass spanked because you don't know shit about anything but hockey.

You don't think John Wooden cheated? Google the name "Sam Gilbert". Ask Bill Walton. It was a known fact that UCLA laughed at NCAA rules. It took 15 years for Wooden to win a title at UCLA, and he won as soon as Gilbert started getting involved. And the NCAA slapped UCLA on the wrist with some minor infractions after Wooden left.

But I wouldn't expect you to know any of this shit because, well, you're you and you don't know shit about anything.

I will post a new thread after Wooden passes. Until then, remember, you have two ways to react to greatness - tip of the cap or the childish "you cheated". You chose yours.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:Nice try to rip the "Wal-Mart" from "Wal-Mart Wolverine" and trying to use it on ND fans.
I know you're really this stupid, but the Wal-Mart blast is generic for people who didn't graduate from schools they are a fan of. To think yourself as something special in this regard is pathetic.
Killian

Post by Killian »

The Seer wrote:I will post a new thread after Wooden passes. Until then, remember, you have two ways to react to greatness - tip of the cap or the childish "you cheated". You chose yours.
I never said anything about him as a coach, Seer. I was stating a fact to Fredo_Michigan that it was well known, and well accepted that Wooden cheated. You yourself have to admit that. Multiple UCLA players fromt that time frame have said as much.

Wooden was a great leader of young men, a great coach, and a father figure to many. But to look past the obvious is silly.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:Nice try to rip the "Wal-Mart" from "Wal-Mart Wolverine" and trying to use it on ND fans.
I know you're really this stupid, but the Wal-Mart blast is generic for people who didn't graduate from schools they are a fan of. To think yourself as something special in this regard is pathetic.
Really? Mind showing me any instance where the term "Wal-Mart" is used before any other schools? Or should you just take a look at http://www.walmartwolverines.com?

Have you been called for traveling yet? You've pivoted so many times away from the original topic, there has to have been a whistle.

Back to the original point, fuck stick. Do you just want to concede that right now, like you do all other sports related arguments with me? I figured. Run along, I'm sure the guy in stall three is done.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Killian wrote: Multiple UCLA players fromt that time frame have said as much.

Link?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Killian

Post by Killian »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... gacy040206

"It's hard for me to have a proper perspective on financial matters, since I've always had whatever I wanted since I enrolled at UCLA"

“UCLA players were so well taken care of – far beyond the ground rules of the NCAA – that even players from poor backgrounds never left UCLA prematurely (for pro basketball) during John Wooden’s championship years."

“If the UCLA teams of the late 1960s and early 1970s were subjected to the kind of scrutiny (other schools) have been, UCLA would probably have to forfeit about eight national championships and be on probation for the next 100 years."

Those were from Bill Walton.

I can't find the other quotes I saw earlier. Thought I saw some from people other than Walton, but maybe they were just all his. Either way, that's a start.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I have attached a piece (admittedly from a Bruin site) that challenges Wetzel and the accuracy of the quotes attributed to Walton. It's worth a look just to see Wetzel's response....

http://www.bruinsnation.com/2006/4/14/91337/1818
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Is there even still a question about this?

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11757857

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 96,00.html

http://carnageandculture.blogspot.com/2 ... inted.html

Wetzel was a biased hack, and to throw him and his refutations out there is just a red herring.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

You post this:

Goober McTuber wrote: Wetzel was a biased hack

And then follow it up with a link to an article by Adrian Wojnarowski?

Seriously?

Feel free to never refer to any journalist as a "biased hack" again. While you are completely correct in regard to Wetzel, backing it up with a link to anything by his counterpart in biased hackery shows you're not a competant judge of biased hacks.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:You post this:

Goober McTuber wrote: Wetzel was a biased hack

And then follow it up with a link to an article by Adrian Wojnarowski?
I figured the whole thing about Gilbert and UCLA was pretty well understood. I just threw up a few links I found in less than two minutes. Wojnarowski's a good friend of Jim Rome. I thought he could be trusted. Fuck you, Pimple in the Box.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

It will be difficult for me to find brethren that share the amount of success that UCLA has had in basketball....so I, along with all the other school's fans that won 10 banners in 12 years; the 30-0 seasons, 88 game winning streaks....etc. etc. etc..will offer this:

1. Prior to Wooden, the previous coach had a record of 93-120 over a 10 year period.

2. Wooden's 1st year - 22-7. 2nd year - 24-7, etc. etc. never a losing season.

3. The 1st 2 championship teams had who? Gail Goodrich that nobody wanted?

4. Alcindor everybody wanted. Probably got plenty of offers. Came to UCLA for the legacy - Jackie Robinson, Rafer Johnson, etc. etc. etc....Think he really came cross country for Gilbert's cash when so much was available elsewhere?

5. How many games did the boosters play?

All things being equal, what went on at Ucla was happening everywhere else. Probably not even illegal then...see the article from Time Magazine in '74 that goobs posted....

Wooden (R.I.P.) was the greatest coach in the history of the game.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Killian

Post by Killian »

How very Trojan of you. Everyone was doing it, so its okay that we did it.

And Sam Gilbert was toooootally legal.

:meds:x88
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:How very Trojan of you. Everyone was doing it, so its okay that we did it.

And Sam Gilbert was toooootally legal.

:meds:x88
Sorry, Wal-Mart Irish fan. I'm sure there's a merchandise stand at 23 and 90 where you and your fellow non-alum fans can gather to share stories and commiserate on how you're so superior to them, even though the one of the things they have in common with you is that none of you graduated from ND.

Eat my shit. You're a wanna be to the core. You will never be Irish.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I'm 100% Irish, you dumb jizz licking mother fucker. If you had a clue about anything sports related, people might take you seriously. Try to use your directional school education and realize that everyone but the Bruin and you know that Wooden cheated.

Go play spin the plunger with the people in CDS, because everytime you enter a sports forum you're more confused than MGMT in a room full of pussy.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

The Seer wrote:
Wooden (R.I.P.) was the greatest coach in the history of the game.

Ummm..... most in the business would disagree.

9 out of 10 players that went to fucla would NEVER have qualified for entrance into Cal during the time Wooden ran his corrupt regime.

Not that it mattered.

Sin,

Cal (coach) Pete Newell

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/c ... oop18.html

Newell's overall record was 234-123, and he beat UCLA coach John Wooden the last eight times they met.

Hall of Fame coach Bob Knight, who coached three NCAA championship teams at Indiana and also won Olympic gold, said, "I just don't think anybody has contributed more to my life in more ways than Pete Newell did. Jerry West and I had a very tearful conversation about an hour after Pete had passed away this morning and I think Jerry felt exactly the same about Pete as I did."

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The Seer wrote:I will post a new thread after Wooden passes. Until then, remember, you have two ways to react to greatness - tip of the cap or the childish "you cheated". You chose yours.
Relax Seer. Some people consider him a hero, so he must be brought down. That's how this internet thingy works. One man's altar is another man's toilet.

I'm not going to call him the bestest evah, but no need for him to rot in hell for being a dirty coach either.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

The Seer wrote:
And then, later in the same thread, The Seer wrote:88 game winning streaks
Uhhh, you do know what bookended that 88-game winning streak on both ends, don't you?

That's right, losses to ND.

So that's two wins right there, during "the era." Bet I could find at least one more, if I were inclined to actually research it.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:I'm 100% Irish, you dumb jizz licking mother fucker. If you had a clue about anything sports related, people might take you seriously.
Have another drink Mickey.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The fact you donate money to the ND football program instead of donating money to the school that thought enough of you to offer you a scholarship, you know, re-investing in your community, is a fucking disgrace. "Yeah, instead of helping some bright-eyed, brilliant student help fund his education, I'm going to give money to a bunch of fucking meatheads because they wear gold helmets. And their school's nickname is the same as my race." Instead you invest in a silly athletic program that produces more L's than W's and prepares its athletes for little more than slopping toilets and parking cars if they don't make the NFL for your own fucking amusement.

Please tell me the numerous ways you are discriminated against by ND athletics. Because as we all know, they place a premium on alumni status. Just because you got a small dick and like to throw money around doesn't make you an alum.

Take your time.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Lemme guess, you're Catholic, too? DING DING DING! "I'm Irish and Catholic so I'm entitled to be a true-blood ND fan." That's about as sensible as someone rooting for Syracuse because they're Irish Protestant. Speaking of another school that owns ND....

There is nothing more hilarious than some fucking mick thinking he's a true-blooded ND fan because "they're the Irish, and I'm Irish. It works!" A fan of a fucking school founded by the fucking FRENCH.

Thanks for making my day, you fucking wanna be. You couldn't carry the jockstrap of any of ND's intramural football players. Don't forget to flush the toilet when you're done using it, and go buy your own fucking whiskey.
Killian

Post by Killian »

So it took you multiple days and multiple posts (that you had to edit) to make a run at me, and you come up with that?

You still haven't addressed the topic at hand.

Do me a favor and tell me how much I've "donated" to ND and compare that to MSU. Again, you have no fucking clue.

I've been a ND fan since I was 5. Yes, I'm Irish. Yes, I'm also catholic. Neither of which has any bearing on my choice to root for ND. 13 years of cheering for a team wasn't going to change because one school admited me and one did not. See Fredo, I'm loyal. I don't change who I root for because of where I live or where I went to school.

And I do buy my own whiskey. I don't drink the gentleman version of some hill william ass piss and think I'm drinking "the good stuff."
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jesus H. Christ, Screwball, just stay down.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

While Killian IS a Gomer for using the Wooden death to state he cheated, this whole thread is very UN Wooden-like....

But carry on, space on here is free.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The Seer wrote:this whole thread is very UN Wooden-like....
Yeah, no one here got paid.
Killian

Post by Killian »

The Seer wrote:While Killian IS a Gomer for using the Wooden death to state he cheated, this whole thread is very UN Wooden-like....

But carry on, space on here is free.
It was in response to Fredo_Michigan. I guess we should only tell half the story when talking about someone.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Heard Abe Lincoln used to pick his nose periodically. I'm sure the Killians of that time made that a point of emphasis after he was assasinated....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Killian

Post by Killian »

The Seer wrote:Heard Abe Lincoln used to pick his nose periodically. I'm sure the Killians of that time made that a point of emphasis after he was assasinated....
Excellent analogy. I mean, what could we expect with only 3 days to come up with something.

If Abe Lincoln was taking bribes, or paying off voters, you bet your ass it should have been talked about.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Killian wrote:
taking bribes, or paying off voters
The only thing wrong with a whiny cunt is when that whiny cunt ignores fact or foundation. No person that will EVER be affiliated with or have anything to do with n.d. or any other team or institution of your liking will approach the accomplishments or stake a place in history remotely close to Wooden.

Just fucking deal with it.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Seer wrote:
Killian wrote:
taking bribes, or paying off voters
The only thing wrong with a whiny cunt is when that whiny cunt ignores fact or foundation. No person that will EVER be affiliated with or have anything to do with n.d. or any other team or institution of your liking will approach the accomplishments or stake a place in history remotely close to Wooden.

And Wooden's program was unquestionably dirty.