Hawks-Flyers

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Hawks-Flyers

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Pretty amazing it only took the Hawks 2 years 8 months to go from doormat to four games from their first cup since 61. Having Scotty Bowman and his son calling the shots, along with competent ownership and executive decision making, obviously helps. They got the superstars, the role players and the grinders to pull it out. The Flyers also showed some major league balls last night. Their PK is incredible, almost as lethal as their power play.

Hawks in 5.

Conn Smythe: Toews.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Hawks-Flyers

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:The Flyers also showed some major league balls last night.
Some things never change. :meds:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

"The Gobbler is skilled in the art of ankle biting." -- Rev. Reggie White
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Hawks in 5 sounds about right
Dreams......Temporary Madness
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

At this point, I don't see how the Flyers can't make this a competitive series given all that they have overcome. Hawks in 5 is the safe, smart choice but I'll go Flyers in 7.

Conn Smythe-
Claude Giroux
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Giroux, Richards, Carter and Briere are all solid Conn Smythe candidates.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Giroux, Richards, Carter and Briere are all solid Conn Smythe candidates.
Your sig is funny b/c it reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ-zRNQGiaY
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bwahaah ^^^
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Chicago in 6
.m2
I swear to god . . .

The Finals...

Post by .m2 »

Game 1

...is a wild one

5-5 heading to the 3rd.

poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The thing that separated these teams from their conference finals opponents was scoring depth. No forward on either top line registered a point in a game with 11 goals and those 6 forwards combined for a -16. I think we'll see some offense in this series but probably not this much in every game. Neither goalie will win the Conn Smythe after the dust settles.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Niemi is UNREAL.

I now think if you flip "Nabby" and Niemi.... the Sharks are in the finals.

Great game 2

0-0 with 3 to go in the 2nd.

ahhh.... as I type the Hawks get on the board

1-0 Chi-town.

poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Hawks did what they were supposed to do and that's defend home ice. They won both games but I don't go away as impressed with their collective effort as I thought I would've been. Neither team has gotten much contribution from their best players up front...this series has been dominated by secondary scoring and role players. Niemi has been good enough in these first two games plus the Hawks defense has blocked a lot of Flyers' shots.

I don't count the Flyers out for one reason...I heard a couple times today how rare it is that a team comes back from 0-2 to start a finals series and all I have to point to is last year and the Wings opened 2-0 on the Pens and eventually gave up a 3-2 lead to lose the championship. The Flyers are resilient if we've learned anything about them in this year's playoffs. They responded well from Game 1 and battled hard last night...I don't see them rolling over when they have their home fans behind them for the next two.

However, Chicago has been very good on the road. From the Hawks' perspective, I think they can be happy with a split in Philly and it would give them an opportunity to end their cup drought on home ice. At worst, I see this being a split...this has been too close to end in a sweep...the Flyers are due for a win in either Game 3 or 4. If the Flyers can hold serve and protect their home ice, we could see this go the distance...it's been that close so far.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Didn't want last night's great game to go unnoticed...these first three games have been great. This is shaping up to be one of the best finals series I can remember.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Didn't get my prediction in, but I told S_M Hawks in 7.

2-1...anything could happen still, especially with how unpredictable Philly is.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

No you didn't.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yes, I did.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Shoalzie wrote:I don't count the Flyers out for one reason...I heard a couple times today how rare it is that a team comes back from 0-2 to start a finals series and all I have to point to is last year and the Wings opened 2-0 on the Pens and eventually gave up a 3-2 lead to lose the championship. The Flyers are resilient if we've learned anything about them in this year's playoffs. They responded well from Game 1 and battled hard last night...I don't see them rolling over when they have their home fans behind them for the next two.

:bode:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

This series continues to have a similar feel to last year. Last year, the series was 2-2 and the Wings blow the doors off the Pens in Game 5 and appeared to be on their way to defending their title. Howevah...

This was definitely the most decisive win of the series for the Hawks but these teams have played so different in each arena so I'm not anticipating them going into Wachovia and wrapping up the series. This has the markings of a 7-game series.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The line changes that Chicago made in the thrid period of Game 4 have paid off. It will be a bit mor difficult for Philly now with who that want to match up against (never been a big fan of line matching myself).

Byfuglien finally woke up once he creamed Pronger.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:Byfuglien finally woke up once he creamed Pronger.

Pronger got ruined on Sunday night...haven't seen him humbled like that in quite a while. I can see him coming back on Wednesday mad as hell and they force a Game 7. The Flyers will show their resiliency but Chicago is potentially going to take this with a Game 7 at the U.C. and they're going to want that game bad.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Toronto, you're now on the clock...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Byfuglien got screwed on the Conn Smythe.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Byfuglien got screwed on the Conn Smythe.
Dude averaged about 16 minutes per game. Seabrook would have been a better choice than Byfuglien. Stick to subjects you know something about:

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Byfuglien had fewer minutes on ice between goals and also had two more GWG than Toews. Shove that broomstick up your ass and try not to enjoy it as much as you normally do.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Other than Game 5, Byfuglien was like -4 in the finals. Guess he had plenty of ice time when Philly was scoring. Toews was an obvious choice. Don't be blinded by your love for large black men. And quit pretending not to know the difference between a broom and a mop.

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Seabrook, Keith, and Byfuglien would have all been worthy of the Conn Smythe. You can even put Kane in that mix as well. Dude is freaking $$$$ with the puck.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Byfuglien just wasn’t that consistent throughout the playoffs, and he didn’t have the time on the ice that the others did. He had one 5-game stretch where he never skated 15 minutes in a game. He didn’t even score a point until the third game of the second round. He’s a lot of fun to watch, but Conn Smythe? Not this year.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Who gives a shit how much time he spends on the ice? Last time I checked it was the "most valuable player of the playoffs" award, not leader in ice time. Once again, you display your complete and total ignorance of hockey. Stick to blowing Badger players in the off-season, putz.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

He was hardly the most valuable player in the playoffs, you cum-drunk fuckwhistle.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Byfuglien led all players in game-winning goals and was tied for third in goals...the guy deserved to be in the conversation.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I believe he had three game-winners just in the San Jose series, two in the third period of tie games and one in OT. All quality game-winners, and not those game-winners when the final is 9-2 and the game was over by midway through the 2nd period. But I like the guys who were there from start to finish. Half of Byfuglien's goals came in two games, and he had zero points in over half of his playoff games. Fine, put him in the conversation, just don't give him the Conn Smythe.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Byfuglien was an impact player but I wouldn't have put him ahead of Toews and Kane for their overall value to their team in the entire playoffs. Toews was a solid choice...2nd overall in scoring and had a 13-game point streak through the end of the Western finals. You also can't forget his huge 5 point night he had in Game 4 against Vancouver preceded by 3 helpers in Game 3. I wasn't overly impressed with him in the finals but he kept Mike Richards in check...he just 2 points and a -7 in the series. Kane could've got some run with his 8 points in the finals including the cup-clinching goal.