Bro-BI

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Bro-BI

Post by Mikey »

In the bottom of the seventh inning of the Padres-Brewers game tonight Jerry Hairston Jr. led off with a double. Nick Hundley (not related to Randy or Todd) sacrificed him to third. Next up, the Padres sent Hairston's brother Scott to pinch hit for the pitcher. Scott Hairston lines a homer to left field, driving in his brother from third base.

Jerry and Scott had never played together on the same team before in Little League, High School, etc. etc. before this season with the Padres.

Can anybody remember another major league Bro-BI? DiMaggios perhaps? I think Jesus and Felipe Alou played together on the Giants, maybe Mateo too before going to the Pirates.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Bro-BI

Post by R-Jack »

I want to say the Giambis and Cansecos off the top of my head, but I begin to wretch at the thought of either one being close enough in the lineup to drive big brother in, so I'm not going to bother to look.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Now that I think about it the Giles brothers prolly had quite a few here in Padre land a few years ago.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Speaking of the Padres, seems they're off to their usual fast start. How long until the swoon begins?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Once the injuries kick in.

See Athletics, Oakland.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I gotta imagine Cal drove in Billy a couple times in their days playing together in B'more. Maybe Roberto and Sandy Alomar too?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

War Wagon wrote:Speaking of the Padres, seems they're off to their usual fast start. How long until the swoon begins?
When the pitching breaks down.

A lot of young guys have been pitching the lights out. Six shutouts so far, three in the last four against the Brewers (only two runs allowed on Saturday). Plus they've added some team speed, have been playing good aggressive ball and have gotten some timely hitting.

It can't last forever. The fact that the Dodgers are in the cellar makes it doubly nice, though.