just ate lunch with Rocket Ismail

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

just ate lunch with Rocket Ismail

Post by TheJON »

Cool motherfucker. He's doing some bull riding stuff. Does a hilarious Lou Holtz impersenation. Invited me out for beers tonight but got my bro's bachelor party. Told him to show up. He eats his steak well done. What the fuck?

War free lunches paid for by former pro athletes!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: just ate lunch with Rocket Ismail

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Is he still broke?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:Cool motherfucker. He's doing some bull riding stuff. Does a hilarious Lou Holtz impersenation. Invited me out for beers tonight but got my bro's bachelor party. Told him to show up. He eats his steak well done. What the fuck?

War free lunches paid for by former pro athletes!
I didn't think I could hate you more. That's my favorite ND football player of all time. No, that's fucking cool man. His Holtz is spot on. If you see him again, ask him about some of the Miami games.

Also, about his steak, yeah. All the black dudes I know get their burgers and steaks well done.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Translation: My company had a (possible) vendor come to town. Rocket was their celebrity sponsor. At the luncheon, I sat as close to him as possible so I could smell his cologne. I ordered my steak well done because he did. He talked to me because hey, that's his job as a sponsor. Tonight, the vendor is taking some people out for happy hour, but my wife said I can't go. WAR free lunches paid by someone who is paid to wine and dine to get your business!
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Is he still broke?
I don't think Rocket ever went broke. He lost some money in the market, but if I remember right, he's done ok for himself.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

IndyFrisco wrote:Translation: My company had a (possible) vendor come to town. Rocket was their celebrity sponsor. At the luncheon, I sat as close to him as possible so I could smell his cologne. I ordered my steak well done because he did. He talked to me because hey, that's his job as a sponsor. Tonight, the vendor is taking some people out for happy hour, but my wife said I can't go. WAR free lunches paid by someone who is paid to wine and dine to get your business!
haha, well done
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

He's got my cell number so hopefully he will come join us. I will hit him up for some Miami stories if he does.

Always thought his name was "Raw-Heeb". Nope. It's "Rogg-Hib".
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

TheJON wrote:Invited me out for beers tonight
No, he didn't.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

IndyFrisco wrote:Translation: My company had a (possible) vendor come to town. Rocket was their celebrity sponsor. At the luncheon, I sat as close to him as possible so I could smell his cologne. I ordered my steak well done because he did. He talked to me because hey, that's his job as a sponsor. Tonight, the vendor is taking some people out for happy hour, but my wife said I can't go. WAR free lunches paid by someone who is paid to wine and dine to get your business!
What was Rocket selling me? And what possible vendors could my company possibly be hosting? I sell insurance in my pajamas.

He's in town for some bullriding event and my neighbor is an event planner that coordinates events in that arena. Her family is ND fans and they know how much I hate the Irish so she invited me to join them to lunch.

He had nothing to sell me. Even if I wanted to go to this bullriding crap, I could get in free.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Is he still broke?
I don't think Rocket ever went broke. He lost some money in the market, but if I remember right, he's done ok for himself.
Right. Broke was a poor choice of words.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Considering that 78% (I believe that was the number) of former NFL players are broke 4 years after retirement, the ones who aren't are more shocking than the ones who are.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yes. Rocket is the first fucking person mentioned in the SI article "How Athletes Go Broke." I can't believe someone had to tell Torii Hunter not to drop another $500k on inflatable shit for your furniture.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Jesus Christ, it's only 2 years and 78% are broke or in financial distress.

They mention Rocket took part in that board meeting, but it didn't say if he ever went completely broke. If I remember correctly, he banked a lot of his NFL money and tried to start a record lable that didn't work (shocker) and lost some in the market.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheJON wrote: He eats his steak well done. What the fuck?
Y'all dont have a lot of black people in Iowa?

I would say 90% eat steaks well done
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I have a friend on my old block who is an older black guy. I kick back brews with him once in a while. Always makes his steaks well done.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

TheJON wrote:Always thought his name was "Raw-Heeb". Nope. It's "Rogg-Hib".

Mr T wrote: Y'all dont have a lot of black people in Iowa?

And apparently have no Muslims whatsoever.

How could anyone not even know that?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

If there's anything worse than a name-dropper it's a jock-sniffing name-dropper.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

JON=Zyclone?

On second thought, strike that. JON's boy at least is someone I've actually heard of.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.