2010 NCAA hockey tournament

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: 2010 NCAA hockey tournament

Post by Goober McTuber »

It was passing under his pad and popping out the other side. Damn Floridians trying to talk hockey.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's always the case with controversial calls that the team that is wronged will re-visit it afterwords if they lose and point that as the excuse. I won't do that. The Wolverines dominated that first OT with the number of chances they got...credit to Knapp on coming up big when he needed to.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:It was passing under his pad and popping out the other side. Damn Floridians trying to talk hockey.
I'm a New Yorker dude.

The puck only came free from his pad when he turned his body. In the overhead replay you couldn't even see the puck until his body turned away from the goal line. That's when the Michigan player took the first poke to free the puck, then shot the puck in the net on the second attempt.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:It was passing under his pad and popping out the other side. Damn Floridians trying to talk hockey.
I'm a New Yorker dude.

The puck only came free from his pad when he turned his body. In the overhead replay you couldn't even see the puck until his body turned away from the goal line. That's when the Michigan player took the first poke to free the puck, then shot the puck in the net on the second attempt.
Not what I saw at all. I'll try to find a copy of the video. But it's all moot when Wisconsin hoists the trophy April 10.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Goober McTuber wrote:Not what I saw at all. I'll try to find a copy of the video. But it's all moot when Wisconsin hoists the trophy April 10.

Conference loyalty be damned...I'm pulling for Brendan Smith and the Badgers in the Frozen Four. Can't root for Miami...I'm not an CCHA slappy. If it's not going to be Michigan, to hell with the rest of 'em.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Welcome aboard, Shoalzie. And just remember, when Wisconsin wins it all, you can point out that Michigan beat them back in November.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Too bad this isn't a double-elimination tournament. Wisconsin hasn't lost two games in a row all year.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Too bad this isn't a double-elimination tournament. Wisconsin hasn't lost two games in a row all year.
What the fuck does that matter if you claim Wisky's gonna win it all? Have another drink you fucking lush.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It doesn't matter at all. I just wanted to point out the fact that they're the only team in the country that hasn't lost two in a row at some point this year. Eat another dick, cum-junkie.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So you felt it necessary to point out some irrelevant statistic? You trying to out Wonderlic Lord Tebow?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:So you felt it necessary to point out some irrelevant statistic? You trying to out Wonderlic Lord Tebow?
It's not irrelevant, it's a measure of their excellence. Kind of the opposite of Kalamazoo Tech, which repeatedly loses two or three games in a row. Have they considered making hockey a club sport there? They probably should.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yes, it is irrelevant. It would be relevant if this was the first round of the WCHA playoffs where as you know it is a best of 3 series. Nobody cares now if Wisky hasn't lost two in a row all season because all it takes is one.

Pull your head out of your fucking ass for once. Christ almighty.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Again, it’s not at all common for a team to go through an entire season without ever losing two games in a row. Just shut the fuck up and recognize the greatness that is Wisconsin hockey.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You know I've been following college hockey for a long time (obviously not as long as you, grandpa) and I'm sure if it wasn't for you waving your wrinkled pin-dick around this board, I'm sure I'd never know Wisky was a traditional power. Of course we both remember when they were getting fucked on a regular basis in the 90s. I miss those days.

Go back to recruiting future DUI manslaughter convictees.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisconsin has won 6 NCAA titles; their 7th this year will tie them for second place all-time with two other WCHA teams. During the 1990s, the Badgers won three WCHA titles, and one NCAA title. Yeah, I guess that’s a down period for us.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You do realize most of Wisky's (and the WCHA's) national titles came during an era where the WCHA was recruiting overage professionals from Canada, right?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Big Ten? There is no Big Ten hockey conference.
I never said there was a Big Ten hockey conference. It was a comment on the relative disparity between the upstarts from Rochester and Wisconsin, which offers more full rides for competitive douching than RIT does period.
Their own dime? Or maybe a bunch of rich kids on daddy's dime.
Whatever, they still made the Frozen Four without offering a single athletic scholarship. And they did so only a few years after going D1. Rack the motherfucking Tigers!
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You never said there was a Big Ten hockey conference, you just called a WCHA team a Big Ten team. This why you’re the Rodney Dangerfield of T1B (minus the sense of humor). You never can say “yeah, I misspoke”, you always backpedal and spin.

Yeah, I’d expect RIT to be able to get some decent players there. Hockey is not a poor kid’s sport, and it’s getting more expensive as a youth sport all of the time. A lot of rich kid’s play hockey. So yeah, it’s not surprising that some of the rich kid hockey players might wind up paying their own way at RIT. Or Yale.

Of course, a lot of schools that don’t hand out D1 athletic scholarships do hand out scholarships based on financial need. I wonder how many RIT players are on such scholarships. That’s just a way around a rule that I believe is still in place that says if you aren’t D1 in all of your sports, you can’t hand out athletic scholarships.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:That’s just a way around a rule that I believe is still in place that says if you aren’t D1 in all of your sports, you can’t hand out athletic scholarships.
That's just flat out wrong and ignorant. Count how many teams in your own fucking league aren't D-1 in all sports and do the same for the CCHA, Hockey East and ECAC.

Thanks for exposing yourself as just another Badger blowing white trash fucktard who really doesn't know shit about college hockey other than what's going on in Madison. Then get fucked, dick.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:You never said there was a Big Ten hockey conference, you just called a WCHA team a Big Ten team.
Wisconsin is a Big 10 University.

http://www.bigten.org/schools/wisc/big1 ... -body.html

Note that Big 10 website has a feature article on a Wisconsin hockey player.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/122909aaa.html

Now all know that Wisconsin is aligned with a bunch of no-name schools who also happen to play hockey because it is impossible to teach Iowans how to skate. That fact does not stop their coffers from being full thanks to their Big 10 affiliations in every other sport nor does it hamper their visibility during recruiting. They are a Big 10 University, and the more time you spend denying it, the stupider you look.
This why you’re the Rodney Dangerfield of T1B (minus the sense of humor). You never can say “yeah, I misspoke”, you always backpedal and spin.
As opposed to you being the Barney Fife of T1B always shooting yourself in the foot?
Yeah, I’d expect RIT to be able to get some decent players there. Hockey is not a poor kid’s sport, and it’s getting more expensive as a youth sport all of the time. A lot of rich kid’s play hockey. So yeah, it’s not surprising that some of the rich kid hockey players might wind up paying their own way at RIT. Or Yale.

Of course, a lot of schools that don’t hand out D1 athletic scholarships do hand out scholarships based on financial need. I wonder how many RIT players are on such scholarships. That’s just a way around a rule that I believe is still in place that says if you aren’t D1 in all of your sports, you can’t hand out athletic scholarships.
Don't know or care. All I know is that this game is a no lose proposition for the Tigers. Lose, and that is just what they were expected to do. Win, and the Badgers will take their place right next to the 1980 Soviets and the 1983 Nebraska Cornhuskers.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:That’s just a way around a rule that I believe is still in place that says if you aren’t D1 in all of your sports, you can’t hand out athletic scholarships.
That's just flat out wrong and ignorant. Count how many teams in your own fucking league aren't D-1 in all sports and do the same for the CCHA, Hockey East and ECAC.
Sorry, I misspoke. To clarify, RIT is Division III in all other sports and as such, could not offer athletic scholarships unless they moved all athletic programs to at least Division II. The point still stands that RIT could easily be offering non-athletic scholarships to their hockey players, assuming any of them actually needed the help.

Screwball, I've forgotten more about college hockey than you'll ever know. Which probably explains the above fuckup.

Brian, Wisconsin is a Big 10 university with a WCHA hockey team. You referred to them as a Big 10 team. But thanks for just reinforcing my point. Wisconsin's coffers are full because of their Big 10 affiliation, yes, but that has little to do with hockey, which is an INCOME sport for Wisconsin. It more than pays its own way.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wrong again, dicklick. Clarkson, RPI, Union and St. Lawrence are all scholarship awarding D-1 hockey universities with others sports participating in D-III.

Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself more than MVSCAL in a political forecasting thread. Do us all a favor and jump off the Empire State Building.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Brian, Wisconsin is a Big 10 university with a WCHA hockey team. You referred to them as a Big 10 team. But thanks for just reinforcing my point. Wisconsin's coffers are full because of their Big 10 affiliation, yes, but that has little to do with hockey, which is an INCOME sport for Wisconsin. It more than pays its own way.
Very true. I hear they draw 15,000 to the Kohl Center to see them play. And meanwhile RIT plays in front of 2,100 at tiny Ritter Ice Arena. Anything else you would like to offer to counter my point that Wisconsin is Goliath to RIT's David?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Wrong again, dicklick. Clarkson, RPI, Union and St. Lawrence are all scholarship awarding D-1 hockey universities with others sports participating in D-III.
You forgot Colorado College, slapnuts.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Thanks for cementing my point that you don't have a fucking clue. Please excuse yourself from any future college hockey related discussion from now on and then get fucked.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Thanks for cementing my point that you don't have a fucking clue.
Are you disputing that point about CC?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Brian, Wisconsin is a Big 10 university with a WCHA hockey team. You referred to them as a Big 10 team. But thanks for just reinforcing my point. Wisconsin's coffers are full because of their Big 10 affiliation, yes, but that has little to do with hockey, which is an INCOME sport for Wisconsin. It more than pays its own way.
Very true. I hear they draw 15,000 to the Kohl Center to see them play. And meanwhile RIT plays in front of 2,100 at tiny Ritter Ice Arena. Anything else you would like to offer to counter my point that Wisconsin is Goliath to RIT's David?
Shouldn’t that be Goliath vs Cinderella? Hopefully Goliath takes Cinderella’s glass slipper and stuffs it up her cunt.

All kidding aside, I don’t take RIT lightly. They haven’t beaten a ton of top notch competition, but since an 0-5 start, they are 28-6-1. They have a very hot goalie; they’ve given up 16 goals in their last 12 games. Interesting matchup going against one of the top scoring teams in the country.

They won their last 12 games, but against suspect competition. Yes, they beat Denver but Denver struggled down the stretch, and lost their last three games of the season. And RIT also beat a mediocre New Hampshire team. The rest of the wins were over the likes of Army, Air Force and Canisius.

On paper the game should not be close. But college hockey fans know that tournament hockey is less likely to follow to form than most other sports. Hopefully the Badgers take care of business and send the bandwagon RIT fans back to where they came from. Wisconsin-Miami could be an exceptional title game. I just wish we didn’t have to wait the extra week for it.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Thanks for cementing my point that you don't have a fucking clue.
Are you disputing that point about CC?
Nice dodge, fucktard. I forgot about CC, so I got the rest and missed one. Eat shit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I’m not dodging anything, you semen-binging blowhard. I mentioned that your list did not include CC, you suggested that proved that I didn’t have a clue. So I questioned if you knew that CC belonged in the group. Get a grip, slappy.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Less than 3 hours to game time. Hopefully the Badgers show up ready to take care of business and leave RIT looking like Screwball after the fleet’s been in port. Used, confused and abused. Regardless of the outcome, Wisconsin-Miami should be an awesome matchup.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Why don't you expound on your take that D-III schools with D-I hockey programs can't give out schollys for hockey?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I thought we already covered that, you wet-brained fucktard.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Here's a story for you, Gobbles: This coach played at Kalamazoo Tech.
JESENICE, Slovenia (AP) -- Six Slovenian ice hockey players who beat up their American coach after winning a league title were released by the team Thursday.

Mike Posma, a former American Hockey League player who took over as coach last year, was beaten up by his players Saturday following Acroni Jesenice's celebrations for winning the title. The 42-year-old New Jersey native was cut and bruised but not seriously injured.

The team denounced the incident Thursday and announced the end of the players' contracts. Club president Slavko Kanalec said the team was "shocked" and "strongly condemns" the incident.

The team said it also suspended further contract talks with Posma, who reportedly left Slovenia for the United States earlier Thursday.

Slovenian media say that both the six players and Posma were drunk while celebrating the team's third consecutive national league title.

The six players were reportedly angry at Posma because he allegedly told a 19-year-old backup goaltender to drive a car -- even though he knew the man was drunk. The goaltender subsequently crashed the car.

The six then turned on the coach, reportedly beating him with wooden traffic signs that they found by the side of the road.

Earlier this week, five of the six players denied that they attacked Posma, claiming they attempted to convince the coach to go to the police and take the blame for the goaltender's accident.

The Slovenian public and team's fans warmly welcomed Posma when he took over as coach last November. He had previously coached rival Olimpija Ljubljana.

On Friday, Acroni Jesenice beat Olimpija to win its eighth Slovenian league title since the country's independence in 1991. Olimpija has won 11.

Posma played defense for the Utica Devils in the 1990-91 AHL season and later spent several seasons playing professional hockey in Switzerland and Germany.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

42 years old and he’s out getting drunk with a 19-year-old, and then convinces him to drive drunk. Typical Kalamazoo loser. Thanks for a truly uplifting story, Screwball.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I never said he was a good dude, you cum-drunk fuckstick.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I didn't suggest that you did, you malodorous dicksleeve. I just pointed out that he's a typical Kalamazoo tard. ESL class. Now.

I'm off to watch hockey in a tavern. Hopefully I can gloat in about 3 hours.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:I didn't suggest that you did, you malodorous dicksleeve. I just pointed out that he's a typical Kalamazoo tard. ESL class. Now.

I'm off to watch hockey in a tavern. Hopefully I can gloat in about 3 hours.
Looks like you're on your way. The Badgers look like they are faster and stronger in every facet of the game. 4-0 after 25 minutes of play is looking pretty insurmountable.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RACK the Badgers for coming out and taking care of business. Awfully nice of them not to bury R.I.P. 17-1. Screwball biting hard on his pillow at this point.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nice to see the CCHA representing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Those two games were unwatchable...hopefully the championship will be entertaining.

Go Brendan Smith!