Good Ol' Days

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Good Ol' Days

Post by jiminphilly »

Sam you have a few years on my so the crux of my collection was late 70's/80's and early 90's before I gave it up. I'm in the process of getting my basement finished and during the cleanup I found a few cards I saved including the following:

I really don't know the value of these cards like I once did - I suspect McGwire is worth the least at this point. In any case it'll be cool to pass this stuff down to my son when he's old enough.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

jiminphilly wrote:- I suspect McGwire is worth the least at this point.
To be fair, none of that Topps series are worth a shit unless it's an error card. Last I remember (and it's been a long while), Fleer and Donruss cards were the only ones from the late 80's that had much value.

This one is floating around my parents house somewhere though

stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

How dare you call Billy Ripken mediocre!

He would have killed to be mediocre instead of merely sucky.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The run Nolan Ryan had still boggles the mind. The fact he broke into the league in the late 60s, and yet I still had a chance to see him play as a kid is freaking crazy (considering I was born in 82).
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Saw Ryan pitch his last game at the OLD Cleveland Municipal Stadium...they even pre-sold General Admission tickets because of demand...remember getting there early and going over to the bullpen...you could HEAR that catchers mitt pop from a mile away...awesome stuff...