Bestest winter olympic sport.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Bestest winter olympic sport.

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Everyone saw it - Canada is a stronger, faster team, it's a universal constant.
You must have been watching a different game. The U.S. was the faster team out there, they played with much more heart and hunger, and they played just as physical.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dr_Phibes wrote::? It's only group stage, no-one cares.
Something tells me you wouldn't have been saying the same thing had you won and had a bye.

Having to go through Russia and potentially Sweden just to GET to the Gold medal game? Have fun with that. You're expected to win the gold and the U.S. was not even expected to win a bronze. The latter may still hold true, but the former is going to be real tough from this point forward.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:The hard work is still ahead...we might see each other again on Friday in the semis...when it really counts.
That isn't possible right? Thought Finland-Czech winner would play the U.S. if they beat Switzerland-Belarus winner.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

A lot better than when some teams skated pros and some teams skated amateurs (1980 notwithstanding). The best hockey players in the world. The USA-Canada game was like watching the NHL All-star game, but with hitting and defense and quite a bit more intensity.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

All we need is for YAFJ to chime in and guarantee Canada gold, and we'll have this shit wrapped up.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:How can anyone care about Olympics hockey when unless it's NHLers playing?
Yep.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Why would you want anything other than the best of the best representing your country? That's sorta kinda the whole idear behind the Olympics, that the best athletes in the world from each country compete against one another. Anything that deviates from that is tainted and cheapened...with certain exceptions (sup 1980?).
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Understood.

But, just like basketball, I preferred it when we sent college kids against the Soviet pros.
Our college basketballers consistently beat the Soviet pros (until the refs decided to give the Ruskies a gold medal). Our amatuer pucksters, not so much so.

Of course, our amatuer basketballers could not dominate any more, considering that the best of them immediately turn pro after a year or two of college.
Last edited by Goober McTuber on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:However, I am building a bobsled
You should master those pesky lawn mowers first.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

KC Scott wrote:We suck at curling. I watched the match vs. China and the US team played like a $1 beer night VFW shuffleboard tournement.
My guess is that Political Operative had something to do with it. How long before he's clubbing kneecaps and curlers are falling on the ice screaming, WHHHHHYYYYY????
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack any and all old-school Rome resets.

I actually saw Bingyu the other night on MSNBC and IMMEDIATELY recognized her as the one who gets stalked by PO. :jtr:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:We suck at curling. I watched the match vs. China and the US team played like a $1 beer night VFW shuffleboard tournement.

Shit.
I don't believe the Chinese even had a curling team at the last Olympics.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I don't think the US hockey team will be getting over-confident:

http://host.madison.com/sports/olympics ... 002e0.html

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

BSmack wrote:Here's my insight...
You forgot

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:The USA-Canada game was like watching the NHL All-star game, but with hitting and defense and quite a bit more intensity.
Good analogy, but I likened that game to 7th game of a playoff series.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:However, I am building a bobsled
You should master those pesky lawn mowers first.
:lol: Either that or not post every time I flip one.

I figure if I can walk away from that, a bobsled flipping at 85 mph ain't shit.
Try face planting into a steel pylon at 85. Your back would never bother you again.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:The USA-Canada game was like watching the NHL All-star game, but with hitting and defense and quite a bit more intensity.
Good analogy, but I likened that game to 7th game of a playoff series.
Except that you won't see that level of talent on a single team in the playoffs.

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

True
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Goober McTuber wrote:...they need to sit Brodeur....
Screw_Michigan wrote:Brodeur should have never started over Luongo...
BULL-FUCKING-SHIT

If you want to see my team absolutely faceplant, then yeah, pull Brodeur. Then your dreams will come true of having Canada humiliated.

He is the clutch goalie on the roster. Nothing against Luongo, sorry.

And one more thing, why isn't Lindy Ruff the head coach of this squad. That's fucked.
I'm not liking this...bad omens...

:x
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Brodeur excels playing behind air-tight defense, tighter than Peeekle's asshole when Tyrone's around. That Canadian defense is anything BUT air-tight. Other than Miller, Luongo is the NHL's best goaltender. Any reason to start Brodeur over him comes down to old-fogy politics. Period.

And for your second question: Yzerman didn't play under Ruff. Duh. Just like how Luongo and Yzerman never played in an Olympics together.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I don't get banging on brodeur. Overall, he played a very solid game, other than that braindead clear straight up center ice. Unfortunately for him, despite playing well, he was teh 2rd best goalie on the ice that night. Miller was just ridiculous. It could have easily been 5-2 after the first period.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't have time to go through all the goals again, but it's pretty simple, Suckaholic:

Broduer was badly out of position on many goals. Remember that ill-advised belly flop on the fourth goal? Marty has forgotten the cardinal rule of goaltending: blocking the net. You aren't blocking the net on your stomach.

The fucked up clear up the ice wasn't a surprise, considering earlier in the game he tried to flip the puck up the ice from behind the net and only managed to lift it up in the air behind his goal, leading to two high quality scoring chances.

Everyone on the fucking planet knew Marty was going to play fast and loose with the relaxed Olympic puck-handling rules because he's still bitter the NHL created the trapezoids because of him. He wanted to give the finger to the NHL and instead it cost his team DEARLY. Goalies like Brodeur you just KEEP ATTACKING physically. Force him to fuck up while playing the puck and you can create opportunities. That is exactly what happened. I'm not going to be one of those cavemen who just yells at goales "just stay in the net!" But you can't be reckless in playing the puck and that is exactly what Marty was.

Finally, he's not even the best goaltender on his team. Luongo is. Period.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

smackaholic wrote:I don't get banging on brodeur.
Maybe it's because he proved my theory yet again that he is the product of a great defensive system.

As screw has already pointed out, Brodeur's roaming from the crease directly lead to the second goal on HIS clearing giveaway. Brodeur must have also thought it was the 2009 NHL playoffs and tried to get away with flopping on the ice. Once he saw no penalty was going to be called he jumped toward a loose puck instead of going into the crease. This directly lead to Drury's goal.

Luongo is the better choice from here on out.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

She's right. But at least we fucking OWN her ass in hockey. We'll worry about health care next week.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Still bright eyed and bushy tailed, Screw? Got your p-trap and copper pipe ready for the Swiss? Just curious, I'm trying to get into the heads of the brain trust, figure out how the big boys get it done.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Only caught the last couple of minutes of the Canada - Russia blowout.

I don't know these announcers but they're awesome.

"I was really disappointed that these guys came with their Eurotrash game."

Fucking classic.

Hockey has definitely been the highlight of the games, at least for the past 4 or 5 days.
I might even be able to watch an NHL game after this. HD helps a lot.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Kinda taking this back a couple days, but did anyone see Norway v. Slovakia on Tuesday night?

Their most physical players ranged in size from about 5'7 to 5'10, and they were getting it done.

Ended up losing by one goal, but exited the ice with the most class I've seen of all the games.

Good stuff.

War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Canada definitely exploited the softness of Russia's D. The Russians weren't physical at all. Their players could learn a bit from Ovechkin in that regard.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:Canada definitely exploited the softness of Russia's D. The Russians weren't physical at all. Their players could learn a bit from Ovechkin in that regard.

All 4 teams left in the tourney play a more physical style. The Swedes and the Fins are pretty much a hybrid of the free-flowing European style with the more rugid North American style. The Slovaks are probably not as skilled as the Czechs but I think they're much tougher. The Sweden-Slovakia game was a lot more physical than I would've expected. The Slovaks will have to be able to stand up to the big, bad Canadians or they'll be left like a mess on the side of the road like the Russians were. I made the comparison when I was watching the game...the Russians looked like they were ice dancing with the Canadians when they were on defense and not engaging them physically. They were as soft as the Germans were against Canada on Tuesday.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Russians were SOFT SOFT SOFT SOFT! That was a pathetic effort, but what do you expect from a bunch of Russians on the international stage?

That "eurotrash" comment by Milbury was half-assed. He should have just pulled an MV and called 'em "a bunch of ni66ers."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Image Image Image Image

Surprised they didn't start ripping each others' clothes off and started making out too... :lol:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Is Coors Light technically considered a Canadian beer now? At least #2 is slamming a Canadian.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Them are some nappy ass hoes.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Not a shocker, Gobbles prefers the chick who most looks like a man.

#6 looks pretty cute.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

this pic pretty much puts to bed the myth of canuck beer superiority. they will actually be seen drinking very, very bad american beer?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Coors is owned by Molson.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Not a shocker, Gobbles prefers the chick who most looks like a man.
Says the guy who expects/hopes to find balls on attractive chick.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Upon further review, none of those chicks is doable.

#4 Image

#6 Image

#12 Image

#5 Image

#12 has the prettiest face, but she’s 5’8” and a buck-sixty.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You stay klassy, Kanada.