Arizona vs Illinois

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Arizona vs Illinois

Post by The Assassin »

Is going to be one HELL of a game saturday. both teams are fast,both can shoot the lights out,and both are well coached teams. It'll be close,but I'll take Arizona to win by 3. Stoudamire is unbelievable,the guy just doesn't miss!
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i have to give it up to Channing Frye. i've bagged on him his whole career...but he's had a nice senior season and played a great game tonight.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It seems like Arizona and Illinois meet up quite often in the tournament in recent years with Olsen's boys getting the better of the Illini in this matchup. I do like Illinois on Saturday though. Augustine has gotten stronger with each game and I thought the low post play would be their downfall. Brown hit every important basket for the Illini tonight when Milwaukee was threatening. Williams makes great decisions with the ball every time. I definitely agree with The Assassin...this'll be a great game...likely the best of the four regional finals.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I hate Illannoy because they are pieces of shit. I hate Arizona because Lute Olson is a piece of shit. However, I think Illini win this one by 7-10 points.

Zona made a ton of bad passes and did everything they could to allow Oklahoma State to stay in the game and go on some big runs.

The only way Arizona has any shot at winning this game is if they make better passes and continue to shoot well and at least attempt to play some defense.

But I think that's asking too much. Illini can play some pretty good defense and they will eat up Arizona if the 'Cats continue to make boneheaded decisions on offense. That plays right into Illannoy's strength.

And I find it very hard to believe Arizona can contain Brown, Williams, and Head. I'm not even sure they'll make an effort to get out on the shooters.

I could see Illannoy containing Arizona's offense because of their perimeter defense too. Brown can contain Stoudamire. And we saw what Okie St did to Zona when Stoudamire was on the bench or was not a factor.

I think with the Illini's great ball movement on offense, great shooters, and Arizona's lack of defense, Illini will win 78-70.

If Arizona decides to make an attempt to play defense doesn't make the retarded passes they made against OSU, then I think this game is a tossup. But my money is on the Illini.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

As fucked up as my brackets are, I still have a shot at winning my office pool. It'll come down to this game.

My boss picked Illinois to win the whole thing, and he'll win the pool if Illinois wins. If Arizona wins, I win the pool.

I would have been next to unbeatable had Oklahoma State beaten Arizona last night, however. My boss would have been eliminated. Another attorney would have had a shot at me, but would have needed North Carolina to beat Villanova, Michigan State to beat Duke, Utah to beat Kentucky, West Virginia to beat Louisville tomorrow and Illinois to beat Oklahoma State to beat me. I like my chances better at winning one of five games than having to win one of one.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

BUMP

So far so good.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

The Assassin wrote:BUMP

So far so good.
True.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good game so far but how about a little love for the early game...that one was great too. I couldn't believe how well West Virginia shot from three. They built up that 20 point lead and seemed to run out of gas. RACK the Mountaineers on being such a fun team to watch in this year's tournament. Louisville is going to be a tough out for either Illinois or Arizona. RACK Pitino for taking his third school to the Final Four.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Shoalzie wrote:Good game so far but how about a little love for the early game...that one was great too. I couldn't believe how well West Virginia shot from three. They built up that 20 point lead and seemed to run out of gas. RACK the Mountaineers on being such a fun team to watch in this year's tournament. Louisville is going to be a tough out for either Illinois or Arizona. RACK Pitino for taking his third school to the Final Four.
I love Pitino on the college level (fucking Celtics) anyways I will rack him for the Providence Final Four, but Louisville and Kentucky? Nah they were there many times before him. Same thing with Eddie Sutton.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Wait to go Lute. Illinois has destiny on their side.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Cicero wrote:Wait to go Lute. Illinois has destiny on their side.

Talk about a choke. That was terrible! Up by 15,and end up losing the game. Still what a game.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I was saying before the game that if Arizona doesn't make stupid passes and takes care of the ball, they'd win. Well, they were playing some really good basketball until they started making a lot of really lazy passes and decided to not defend the perimeter and that allowed the Illini to come from behind.

What an unbelieveable game, though. I can't believe I actually found myself cheering on the Illini. I feel dirty.