Mt. Olive Jalapeno Dill Spears

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Mt. Olive Jalapeno Dill Spears

Post by indyfrisco »

Yes, rack hot dill pickles. I do a lot of canning now, but I mostly can when the supermarket has a big sale on some veggie that is in abundance and are selling it really cheap. I don't have my own garden yet. My dad has always had a big garden each year and he used to can hot dill pickles. He also did hot pickled okra which I love as well. Hot pickled green beans and hot pickled carrots he did some of too.

Turnips are huge around here. Turnipkraut is damn good. I may try some hot turnipkraut in the fall.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Picked up some hot pickled green beans at the farmers' market last Saturday. Very tasty.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Not that I can remember.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Fukkken pickled cauliflower! Hell yeah.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Alan
Crack Whore

Post by Alan »

Just about anything pickkkled tastes good.

:oops:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:Image
Dat's the shit, yo.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Martyred wrote:
Dat's the shit, yo.
Problem is, some people open it up and eat all the cauliflower first.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I also bought some pickled jalapenos today. I might have to a PET of myself consuming those.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You can all pile on me for this, but I've been a big pickle fan forever, and I never knew it was vinegar-based.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IndyFrisco wrote:Yes, rack hot dill pickles. I do a lot of canning now, but I mostly can when the supermarket has a big sale on some veggie that is in abundance and are selling it really cheap. I don't have my own garden yet. My dad has always had a big garden each year and he used to can hot dill pickles. He also did hot pickled okra which I love as well. Hot pickled green beans and hot pickled carrots he did some of too.

Turnips are huge around here. Turnipkraut is damn good. I may try some hot turnipkraut in the fall.
Any advice on how to do a small-scale canning operation? I don't have a lot of space at my place. And how much do you think it will cost me to start up?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Asparagus and cabbage are awesome pickled.

SM -- IF will have a well thought out answer, I'm sure, but my in-a-nutshell-answer is...

Next to nothing. Ain't rocket surgery.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:You can all pile on me for this, but I've been a big pickle fan forever, and I never knew it was vinegar-based.
Some are salt based and some are vinegar based.

These are about the best you can get from a jar, and don't have any vingear.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Yes, rack hot dill pickles. I do a lot of canning now, but I mostly can when the supermarket has a big sale on some veggie that is in abundance and are selling it really cheap. I don't have my own garden yet. My dad has always had a big garden each year and he used to can hot dill pickles. He also did hot pickled okra which I love as well. Hot pickled green beans and hot pickled carrots he did some of too.

Any advice on how to do a small-scale canning operation? I don't have a lot of space at my place. And how much do you think it will cost me to start up?
you will need a big pot, canning jars and lids and a wire basket for removing the jars from the boiling water. SHould be able to get started for under 50 bucks. As dins said, it ain't rocket surgery.

best thing i ever canned was salsa. after you have homemade salsa, eating any of the commercial shit will trigger your gag reflex....unless you are pikkkle, who's gag reflex is worn the fukk out by his black fliends.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:SM -- IF will have a well thought out answer, I'm sure, but my in-a-nutshell-answer is....
Yes, I have some tips, but it is rather simple as others have mentioned. Leaving the office for the day, but will get back to this thread.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...