Bradford to call it a (college) career.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Bradford to call it a (college) career.

Post by indyfrisco »

Damaged goods. He missed out.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Outstanding QB and by all appearances a very classy and decent guy. I hate to see this happen to him and I hope he recovers from his surgery and goes on the a great NFL career.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

IndyFrisco wrote:Damaged goods. He missed out.
I agree. He's been injured so badly that it's a waste of time to even consider the NFL.

Sin,

War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'm not saying he can't make a comeback. I'm saying he missed out on the big payday. Yeah, he'll get a few million which is a lot of money, but nothing like he would have gotten had he come out last year. That we should all be able to agree on. However, I will say this....considering he is likely to drop in the draft a little later, he may get the good fortune of being picked up by a decent team which will allow him to develop slowly, sit a season or two, put on some weight and rehab fully. Thus, probably giving him an opportunity for more success earlier on and a better second contract.

His college injuries are not like Adrian Peterson's. I've always been on the fence with Peterson as to if he could get past the inujuries and be a 3 down back. He's proved it to me he can. But his injuries weren't all that bad and more along the lines of freak injuries.

Bradford has proven to be fragile. He's a great QB when given the time, but the right shoulder injury is a big one for a QB.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Are there any current projections of where he might get drafted and how do they differ from where he might've gone had he come out last year?

I think Bradford may be a great example to a lot of kids in the future to take their chances and declare for the draft early as opposed to risking a devastating injury.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I had him as the #1 QB before the injuries. Not that I'm a draft expert, but just my opinion. I'd probably gamble and take Snead now even though he has underwhelmed this year. Before the injury, I thought it was a pretty big dropoff from Bradford to Snead. So, possibly, Bradford can come out of this thing like Sanchez. Avoid the shit team with the early pick like the Lions/Stafford and get on a decent team like Sanchez and have a good start. If the Titans don't get out of their funk, they could have a top 3 pick and they will be wanting a QB since they've obviously given up on VY. I can see the Browns picking a QB again too since they gave up on Quinn. Mangini wanting to bring his own guy in and all.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm no draft expert either, but I'll be surprised to see him go in the top 5, maybe not even top 10. No matter how well he rehabs or does in the combine, they'll always be that question of fragility. He'll get hit a lot harder in the NFL.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

IndyFrisco wrote:I had him as the #1 QB before the injuries. Not that I'm a draft expert, but just my opinion. I'd probably gamble and take Snead now even though he has underwhelmed this year. Before the injury, I thought it was a pretty big dropoff from Bradford to Snead. So, possibly, Bradford can come out of this thing like Sanchez. Avoid the shit team with the early pick like the Lions/Stafford and get on a decent team like Sanchez and have a good start. If the Titans don't get out of their funk, they could have a top 3 pick and they will be wanting a QB since they've obviously given up on VY. I can see the Browns picking a QB again too since they gave up on Quinn. Mangini wanting to bring his own guy in and all.
I think Snead will be lucky to be in the top 5 QB's taken. I think it's a given that Clausen (if he comes out), Lockler, and Bradford will go before him. McCoy will likely go before him as well. Then someone (Hi Raiders) will be stupid enough to draft Tebow in the second round with the intention of using him as a Wildcat QB. Add into that the fact that there is always a combine warrior and Snead will continue to fall like a stone.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I agree if Clausen comes out he'd be higher than Snead. I was counting on him staying 1 more year. The NFL is for QBs under center; McCoy does not fit the mold. Great college QB, not so much in the NFL I believe. I've stated my case against Bradford due to injuries. If someone rolls the dice with him ahead of Snead, I don't blame them, but buyer beware. I also agree Locker is possibly ahead of him, but I don't think by a wide margin if at all. Throw in a fact he is a junior and may not come out. Tebow will get selected late in the day if at all and will demand #1 pick money.

Snead has definitely fallen as I stated when I said he has underwhelmed. What started out as an ok class is looking to be iffy.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I haven't a clue why he came back. Makes no sense. Almost as bad of a decision as Rhett Bomar made in not taking money and playing baseball out of HS. Take your money. You'll never earn this kind of dough with a college degree anyways. Worst case scenario for Bomar was he couldn't hack it in the minors, and he comes back to college (like Chris Weinke) and tries out football. For Bradford, his draft stock could only decline or he could get injured severely and risk losing everything.

No way does he go Top 10. I bet he doesn't go 1st round. Maybe not even 2nd round. He might rank high on scouting boards but when it comes down to it, teams will be too scared to hand over that kind of money to a guy just coming off serious injury.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

TheJON wrote:I haven't a clue why he came back. Makes no sense.
It doesn't have to make sense to you. What drives you doesn't necessarily drive Bradford or vice versa. A guy who's a competitor, who isn't driven by fear of injury, wanting another crack at the MNC knowing full well the money will still be there later (not everybody nitpicks when it comes to millions), while gaining another year of valuable experience...yeah, it's not really that difficult to "get" it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

TheJON wrote:I haven't a clue why he came back.
He came back to try to win a MNC.

That, and the college poontang. Not like he needed the money and you only go around once.

I'll rack him for doing what his heart said was the right thing to do.

Too bad a certain BYU blitzing linebacker had different plans.
No way does he go Top 10. I bet he doesn't go 1st round. Maybe not even 2nd round. He might rank high on scouting boards but when it comes down to it, teams will be too scared to hand over that kind of money to a guy just coming off serious injury.
I don't disagree with that.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I think Locker will end up being the #1 QB taken in the draft. Had that dude had any reliable targets to throw to, then he would be a Heisman candidate.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i feel bad for bradford considering he really came back for the love of ou and college football. contrast that with a fraud like tebow who came back for the right reasons only after he read his draft evaluation.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I agree with you M Club (and Mace). Hard to not feel bad for the guy. I think I read somewhere his family has money (maybe not the 20 mil guaranteed he would have gotten) and having money in the family made it easier for him to stay. But he stayed because he loves OU and wanted to win there. I always respect that over the kid who leaves for the money. In any case, if he doesn't pan out, he will be the new lexicon in college football: "I'd love to stay my senior season, but I don't want to Bradford me and my family's future."
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Sad to see Bradford's career end this way. He's one of my favorite Sooners of all time and the best QB of all time at Oklahoma. As many of you have indicated, he's also a great person. I wish him the best of luck in the NFL.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

He needs to learn to play under center and progress through his reads while dropping back. I saw one of the analysts say how his accuracy dropped as he progressed through his options and when all he is doing is stepping a step or two to either side instead of dropping back his footwork suffered. Hopefully for him he takes the down time to work on footwork because they dont run flag football offenses in the NFL.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I saw one of the analysts say how his accuracy dropped as he progressed through his options...
isn't this true of every qb?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I think a healthy Bradford could have a shot to be real good in the NFL, but no one really knows. Let's face it, he's facing high school defenses in the Big-12. Not to go anti-Big-12 but that conference is full of some of the most pathetic examples of defense you will ever see at this level and have been the last couple of years. When seemingly every QB in the league is throwing for 400 yards a game you know something's odd.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

he's more likely to be like another David Klingler
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:I haven't a clue why he came back. Makes no sense.
People act like he was your typical CFB player who needed a paycheck eventually... Must be rough for his family and him as child with that 4,500 sq ft. house in the middle of the wealthiest neighborhood in Oklahoma (Nichols Hills). :meds:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:he's more likely to be like another Matt Leinart

FFA
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

IndyFrisco wrote:I had him as the #1 QB before the injuries. Not that I'm a draft expert, but just my opinion. I'd probably gamble and take Snead now even though he has underwhelmed this year.
Gambles like that are why shitty teams generally stay shitty. I mean, not that the Titans aren't doing well...

Vince "Uncle Rico" Young. Talk about my all-time, "I told you so." Lol.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

skull,

Show me one post where I was excited about getting VY on the Titans. Let me save you some time. There isn't one. You will find posts where I hoped he would do well since he was the starter on my team, but I never predicted he would be good.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:skull,

Show me one post where I was excited about getting VY on the Titans. Let me save you some time. There isn't one. You will find posts where I hoped he would do well since he was the starter on my team, but I never predicted he would be good.
I don't think that "I told you so" was directed at you, man. I think it was more directed at all the people who kept insisting that he was going to be a great NFL QB when several people (me included) said his smartest move would be to learn to run routes.

I also recanted when he "made" the Pro Bowl. Now I'm wishing I'd stuck to my guns.
You mean like a certain maffia don who said that he would change the NFL the way Michael Jordan changed the NBA?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK