ALCS- call it

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

ALCS- call it

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

This is going to be a good series.

Things worth pointing out about the Yankees- I am not sold on A-Rod and C.C. out of the water on their postseason failures. I could see CC having a good series here, but bear in mind that the stakes are higher now and he could choke under pressure. But I do NOT see A-Rod having a good series. Him tearing up the Twins in the playoffs is nothing new....he did that in the '04 ALDS. if he does well HERE, then the monkey is off his back. I sincerely see him having an 0-3 with a walk game in Game 1 and it will be in his head. Whenever he's 0-fer in the first game of a playoff series, he's fucked for the rest of a series.

I'm not buying the Yankees lineup as having an easy time in this series. This is historically where slowass slugs like Posada and Matsui suck with runners on base. It's where Cano always loses interest and hits like 3-18. if the Yankees win, it will be because their pitching carries them. In the past, they would be down by like four runs in one of these games because the pitching sucked ass, and they would just get frustrated and try to hit home runs.

Angel pitching doesn't look great on paper, but it's just playoff good. The fact that they held baseball's most explosive offense to so little scoring in the ALDS speaks volumes about their aggressiveness and confidence.

This series is full of psychological edges, a couple which I have already mentioned (A-Rod, slackass Cano and slackass Melky Cabrera). Obviously the Angels are in the Yankees' domes and if they get out to a fast start early in Game 1, New York could be fucked. And I see that happening. This is where Figgins gets on base and goes apeshit. It's happened to the Yankees before, as they got shocked by guys like Damon, Granderson, and Juan Pierre. Figgins will play that role this year.

What I said about A-Rod applies to Vladimir as well. He's not off the hook, even though batting over .400 against the Boston arms was fucking amazing and almost fluke-like. If Boston had home field it would have been a sweep, but that's neither here nor there.

I forsee a 1-1 tie going to Anaheim, and Pettitte will get yacked around in the 4th/5th inning there to royally fuck the Yankees. Ever since '03, Pettitte has sucked in the playoffs, even in the World Series with Houston.

For the Yankees, an x-factor is Brett Gardiner. As mentioned earlier, Melky is a bum. They need to get Gardiner in there somehow....whether it's a late game replacement, a pinch runner, or give him a start or two. They need to match the Angels' speed, and Gardiner is a pesky little fuck who is that type of out-of-nowhere role player hero that could inflict damage. It's also CRITICAL for Chamberlain and Hughes to do whatever it takes- get fueled up on Red Bull and steroids and look at photoshopped pictures of Torii Hunter assraping their mothers while in the bullpen warming up....those two need to be PISSED and fired up when they come in the game.

Managing experience also will play a role, and Scoscia has more than Girardi and doesn't fear these situations. It will be a close series, and he'll be the one making all the proper, tactful moves that will give the Angels the edge.

Angels split in NY, get 2-3 in Anaheim, and win game six at Yankee Stadium.
MVP Guerrero
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: ALCS- call it

Post by Shoalzie »

Yanks in 6
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Jeez...A-Rod the fuckin' headhunter. Too bad he didn't break an arm or something.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That was a brutal game defensively by the Angels...Lackey's pitching kept that from getting totally out of hand. Seeing a couple of very steady defensive players like Aybar and Hunter not being able to make routine plays ended up costing them extra runs. Giving extra outs in an inning is a sin but giving away runs is unforgivable in the postseason...Sincerely, Matt Holliday.

As for A-Roid running over Mathis...I didn't think he had it in him to plow into a catcher considering this was the same guy that slapped at Bronson Arroyo like a ninny several years ago. Mathis was in perfect position...got low so there was no way a much taller guy could get below him and blow him up. I'm not convinced that he tagged Rodriguez but A-Rod did run through a stop sign at third and could've easily scored on the next groundball from Posada. The extra run wouldn't have mattered in the end though.

The Yankees bullpen is very fresh after last night with just Rivera having to throw the ninth after Sabathia's great start. Burnett is capable of going 8-strong as well but they've got every arm in the bullpen on more than a week's rest. If the Angels can't get on top early, this game could be over by the 6th inning with either the bullpen or Burnett shutting down the Angels' bats. You could see it in the Minnesota series...the Yankees just appear to have the spark back that they used to have in the mid-90s when they seemed to be able to get a big hit whenever they needed it. I just have a hard time seeing a team being able to beat them 4 out of 7.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Mark Grace gravy-trained me just now on the PreGame, saying the Angels win tonight and Chone Figgins will come alive. No shit, Sherlock. Way to read this board and use my prediction. Should be a fairly simple recipe for success tonight. Figgins on early and often, many baserunners for Burnett who won't be able to hang. I'm thinking 7-3 tonight Anaheim tonight. Saunders will induce a shitload of ground ball outs...look for a good pace by him and for the Yankees lineup to be easy pickins for Saunders. Vladdy's going deep.

It's a virtual lock. And the forecast doesn't look good for New York with Pettitte on the mound in Game 3. Like I said he'll bs yacked around and that's the crucial game. Angels up 2-1 right there.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Props to that second base ump on not giving Aybar that out at second with the neighbor hood play...you could see in real time that he was nowhere near touching the base.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Yankees might go this entire postseason without a loss...they can beat you in numerous ways and in the Angels' case, they beat themselves.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Shoalzie wrote:Props to that second base ump on not giving Aybar that out at second with the neighbor hood play...you could see in real time that he was nowhere near touching the base.

I've seen worse non-calls.. either call it or not and the umps have already set the bar low by allowing for neighborhood calls in other games so to call it when they did last night was bushleague. At least it didn't impact the outcome of the game.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The umpire made the correct call. Just because it is in extra innings doesn't mean that you let calls go. Aybar was nowhere near the base. Would the umps have let a call go if the base runner clearly missed a base while scoring a run?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

MuchoBulls wrote:The umpire made the correct call. Just because it is in extra innings doesn't mean that you let calls go.

He made the correct call if they make that call 100% of the time. But they don't. That's the point. Neighborhood calls are nothing new in for umps so why make it at a time when it could have had an impact on the game? Umps should not be impacting the game like they have been this postseason.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Shoalzie wrote: I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Yankees might go this entire postseason without a loss...they can beat you in numerous ways and in the Angels' case, they beat themselves.
But that was uncharacteristic of the Angels and the weather had a lot to do with it. Even with all of those fuckups the Yankees barely squeezed by in Game Two. I think the Angels have to be feeling great with the change of scenery and knowing that Pettitte will get yacked around the yard today and that they can even this shit out against CC on short rest (that's going to end badly for him). Lackey gives them the 3-2 lead and the weather for Game six won't be a huge factor at Yankee Stadium since the forecast won't call for rain and wind. Pettitte's got a good pickoff move still, but he's going to lose some hitters early and this season he has sucked on long rest. Remember I said that when he's getting yacked around the yard, missing his spots, whiel Aybar and Figgins and Izturi are running wild around the bases today.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

If enough people get wind of YAFJ's picking prowess, and go the opposite every time, the man could single handedly take down the sports betting industry.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

jiminphilly wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:The umpire made the correct call. Just because it is in extra innings doesn't mean that you let calls go.

He made the correct call if they make that call 100% of the time. But they don't. That's the point. Neighborhood calls are nothing new in for umps so why make it at a time when it could have had an impact on the game? Umps should not be impacting the game like they have been this postseason.

Aybar's feet weren't in the same zip code as second base, let alone the neighborhood. His lazy effort didn't warrant the benefit of the doubt. They showed one angle and he was damn near a foot or two away from the base. He didn't make any sort of move to tag or straddle the bag.

I'd be curious to see a series of replays involving the neighborhood play and see how close most second basemen and shortstops are to actually touching the base. I was glad the FOX video crew informed Joe and Tim that in all the double plays turned by Aybar in that, he did touch the base each time. The fact I'm defending a call in the favor of the Yankees makes me sick but I'm glad that was called the way it was.

Baseball is guilty of having these types of unwritten rules. I think of how umps will call a runner out when a throw beats him to the bag but their foot or hand touches the base before a tag is applied. By rule, the guy should be safe but the umps make the lazy call and say they're out.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

jiminphilly wrote:He made the correct call if they make that call 100% of the time.
It would be hard not to make that specific play called correctly 100% of the time. Aybar's feet weren't even in the neighborhood of the base and the fact that McCarver went on to say that Aybar did touch the base on all other double plays shows the umpire was in the right.

I understand what you're saying that umpire shouldn't be a story line in an important game with so much on the line, but some of the blame (and in this instance all of the blame) should be shouldered by the players.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If enough people get wind of YAFJ's picking prowess, and go the opposite every time, the man could single handedly take down the sports betting industry.

:lol:

Despite the fact that both LSC matchups are going to wind up just as I said they would. I admit that I was off on my July overview, but as far as these two series go, I'm spot on. Victorio hit the big three-run homer yesterday...he'll be MVP as I said. By Friday both the Phillies and Angels will be in the driver's seat and ready for the big matchup. Both of those teams are not getting enough credit and I don't see why. The Angels bullpen was masterful Saturday night and went pitch for pitch with the Yankee bullpen. Pound for pound they are just a better baseball team than New York. Not sure how they match up with Philly though. Much of it will have to do with how those two rotations match up in the World Series but right now it's looking like a Lackey-Hamels (on full rest) showdown by my projections for Game One.

That's a great game if you love pitching and as a pure baseball fan, I love those kind of games. I also like the fact that Scoscia manages like a National Leaguer (hit and run, double switches, basestealing) and that makes the WS even more intriguing if you like chess matches.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: Victorio hit the big three-run homer yesterday...he'll be MVP as I said.
No he won't.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What a perfect time for Sabathia to start for the Yankees. Their bullpen has been taxed in these last two games. If they can get 7 or 8 from him tonight and carry the lead late, they can easily come out with Rivera for at least an inning. Girardi got a little too cute with his bullpen last night with taking out Robertson after he got the first two out. Aceves has been pretty reliable to but he ultimately blows the game.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:Girardi got a little too cute with his bullpen last night with taking out Robertson after he got the first two out.
Girardi totally blew that game even before the pitching gaffe. He runs Gardner on an 0-1 count with no out after Jebsen throws over to first numerous times. How the hell did he not expect a pitchout the next time Jebsen went to the plate?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

We saw the true brass of the Angels yesterday....this is how they play when the stakes are high.

I personally guarantee that they will win tonight's game. That's an absolute promise.

Not only is it a gut feeling, but I have sound reasoning to support it.

- People are talking about A-Rod coming around in the playoffs. This is a repeat of 2004 when he dominated the Twins in the LDS and was awesome in the first three games vs. Boston. In fact, I remember him hitting a towering shot over the green monster in Game three. After that, he completely collapsed. A-Rod hit a towering bomb in Game three YESTERDAY. I see him coming unraveled in the nest three games and choking in an identical fashion.

-The Angel lineup is stacked with weapons, and not only will the speedsters be wreaking havoc tonight on the basepaths, but I see Hunter having a huge game. Outside of Jeter and Rodriguez (who are due to go silent as previously mentioned with proof), that lineup sucks in this ALCS. Look at 5-9 in the order. Wow. Swisher is hitless and Cano is the opposite of clutch.

-Mike Scoscia is THE best manager left in these playoffs and he's proving it. If he afraid of Rodriguez, I think he found out the way to stop him last night. Intentionally walk him almost every time up. Even if he's leading off an inning. Why? because Matsui is lost. He'll hit into a DP and you got two out none on with one pitch. That's just a fact. That dude hits it to the second baseman every time up.

-Kazmir owns the AL East and always kicks ass against the BoSox and Yankees. He's the great nuetralizer and will hold the Yankees to about 2 runs tonight. That was a great signing.

-As alluded to at the beginning of these playoffs, there's a clear pyschological edge that the Angels have. The Yankees are mentally weak and I think you're starting to see that. They are also worn out in the bullpen and that should fuck them pretty good night.

Guaranteed win tonight for the Angels. After tonight, my Angels in six pick will be making plenty of sense.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Mike Scoscia is THE best manager left in these playoffs and he's proving it. If he afraid of Rodriguez, I think he found out the way to stop him last night. Intentionally walk him almost every time up. Even if he's leading off an inning. Why? because Matsui is lost. He'll hit into a DP and you got two out none on with one pitch. That's just a fact. That dude hits it to the second baseman every time up.
I realize I'm answering a shit troll, but in the midst of all the Girardi-bashing, Scoscia was a moron in a critical situation in Game 3. With first and third, nobody out and Mariano on the mound, the Yanks had the infield in. The play that HAS to be made there is for the runner to steal second on the first pitch while the batter takes. For the rest of the count, it allows the runner on 3rd to go on contact. If the runner gets thrown out at home, who cares? You now have first and third, same situation you started with. It is a no risk play and if Sciosia had done it, the Angels would have won the game on the grounder that Texeira had to dive for.

How something that basic escaped THE best manager is beyond me.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:they can even this shit out against CC on short rest (that's going to end badly for him).
Yeah, this game certainly went badly for Sabathia. Had he been fully rested, he might of just pitched a perfect game or something. He just fucking sucked tonight with an 8 inning, 1 run, 5 hit game. :meds:

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:We saw the true brass of the Angels yesterday....this is how they play when the stakes are high.

I personally guarantee that they will win tonight's game. That's an absolute promise.

Not only is it a gut feeling, but I have sound reasoning to support it.

- People are talking about A-Rod coming around in the playoffs. This is a repeat of 2004 when he dominated the Twins in the LDS and was awesome in the first three games vs. Boston. In fact, I remember him hitting a towering shot over the green monster in Game three. After that, he completely collapsed. A-Rod hit a towering bomb in Game three YESTERDAY. I see him coming unraveled in the nest three games and choking in an identical fashion.

-The Angel lineup is stacked with weapons, and not only will the speedsters be wreaking havoc tonight on the basepaths, but I see Hunter having a huge game. Outside of Jeter and Rodriguez (who are due to go silent as previously mentioned with proof), that lineup sucks in this ALCS. Look at 5-9 in the order. Wow. Swisher is hitless and Cano is the opposite of clutch.

-Mike Scoscia is THE best manager left in these playoffs and he's proving it. If he afraid of Rodriguez, I think he found out the way to stop him last night. Intentionally walk him almost every time up. Even if he's leading off an inning. Why? because Matsui is lost. He'll hit into a DP and you got two out none on with one pitch. That's just a fact. That dude hits it to the second baseman every time up.

-Kazmir owns the AL East and always kicks ass against the BoSox and Yankees. He's the great nuetralizer and will hold the Yankees to about 2 runs tonight. That was a great signing.

-As alluded to at the beginning of these playoffs, there's a clear pyschological edge that the Angels have. The Yankees are mentally weak and I think you're starting to see that. They are also worn out in the bullpen and that should fuck them pretty good night.

Guaranteed win tonight for the Angels. After tonight, my Angels in six pick will be making plenty of sense.
Each one of your points was spot on. By "spot on" I mean not remotely fucking close to reality.

You are the MLB forum's version of m2. Sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Rack Fu wrote:You are the MLB forum's version of m2.

A pile-on troll who gets over every time you mash submit? Epic...
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

That game last night didn't go according to how I saw it going. On the surface I may appear to be a dumbass but that was just one game and let's be honest, the umps were shitfaced lats night. Overall, what I have said about both of these teams still applies to this series when you look at the big picture. Once it's said and done, there will be some hangers-on saying I was correct. The body language didn't look good for Anaheim at the end of last night, but let's keep in mind a couple things- The Angels have three big guns lined up who pretty much shut down the Yankees lineup in games 1-3 (Lackey, Saunders, Weaver), and the Yankees and ARod haven't looked this locked in since....hmmm, I don't know....the start of Game four in the '04 ALCS. :doh:
Shit can turn on a dime with a lockdown Lackey performace at home, and that's where you see that "here we go again" panic look on the faces of guys like Matsui and Posada. And what about Texeiera? He's 1-15 or so in this series. what a great player. The way I see it, this series is starting over tomorrow night and it starts with Chone working a walk against AJ, going apeshit on the bases, and then all hell breaks loose.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

On the play with Cano and Posada, I thought Cano was on the base. I was waiting for two players to be on the base, and when there was never the situation where both of them were on the base at the same time. When he tagged Cano, I thought Cano was on the base, and when Jorge touched the base and continued and tagged Posada out, I thought Posada was out ...

"(The replay) showed that Cano was off the bag when he was tagged. I did not see that for whatever reason ... I'm just out there trying to do my job and do it the best I can."
Maybe it's because you're grossly out of position you lazy fuck! Oh and he fucked the Yanks out of a run earlier in the game when Swisher clearly left on-time on a sac fly to center.

Rack the Umpiring this postseason.. :meds: :meds:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

jiminphilly wrote: Oh and he fucked the Yanks out of a run earlier in the game when Swisher clearly left on-time on a sac fly to center.
I was only able to listen to part of the game on the radio, but didn't they blow the call on what should have been a successful pickoff at second base earlier in the inning? If they hadn't blown that call there would have been two outs and no sac fly.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:Maybe it's because you're grossly out of position you lazy fuck! Oh and he fucked the Yanks out of a run earlier in the game when Swisher clearly left on-time on a sac fly to center.

That was a make up call for where Swisher was called safe on the pickoff attempt just prior the bogus leaving the bag early thingie. If nothing else, this post-season has provided decent fodder for over-turning shit calls via instant replay. Instead of a red bean bag, why not give the managers a tin of Skoal they can toss onto the field if they want to go to the booth. It would be epic.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:let's be honest, the umps were shitfaced lats night.
The umpires had no bearing on the outcome. Yes, they totally screwed the Angels on 2 calls. They gave them one back on the Swisher leaving the bag early when he clearly didn't. The Yankees got no runs out of the 2 missed calls, so they were a non factor.

The Yankees jumped on Kazmir and did the same to the Angels bullpen.

C.C. dominated that game for the 8 innings he pitched.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

but that was just one game
Yeah, but when you use that line over and over and over again...doesn't it become multiple games? :lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:let's be honest, the umps were shitfaced lats night.
The umpires had no bearing on the outcome.
There are more obvious blown calls this year than I can ever recall in a post-season and to simply wash your hands of it by saying, it didn't impact the outcome of a game is BS . Strike-zones have been wildly inconsistent, umpires have been grossly out of position to make the correct call and all of this will add up to a major mistake that WILL impact the outcome of a game. There are more umps on the field during a post-season game than there is during a regular season game. There is no reason for the frequency of these bad calls but somehow they have this mindset that overruling the initial call is showing up their friend... meanwhile they look like complete idiots following the game.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

jiminphilly wrote:There are more obvious blown calls this year than I can ever recall in a post-season and to simply wash your hands of it by saying, it didn't impact the outcome of a game is BS.
The 2 calls that went against the Angels last night did not affect the outcome of the game. The Yankees did not score a run off of those blown calls.
Strike-zones have been wildly inconsistent, umpires have been grossly out of position to make the correct call and all of this will add up to a major mistake that WILL impact the outcome of a game. There are more umps on the field during a post-season game than there is during a regular season game. There is no reason for the frequency of these bad calls but somehow they have this mindset that overruling the initial call is showing up their friend... meanwhile they look like complete idiots following the game.
Agree with you there 100%. The differing strike zones from game to game are ridiculous, as is the "consistency" in calling balls and strikes. There is simply no reason that there should be calls missed with 6 umpires on the field.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

MuchoBulls wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:There are more obvious blown calls this year than I can ever recall in a post-season and to simply wash your hands of it by saying, it didn't impact the outcome of a game is BS.
The 2 calls that went against the Angels last night did not affect the outcome of the game. The Yankees did not score a run off of those blown calls.
What I am saying is that while those calls ultimately had no impact, the frequency of which these bad calls are happening is going to lead up to a mistake costing a team a game. At this point in the season it's completely wrong for MLB to be waiting to react to after the fact. Selig should have already issued a statement saying they have noticed the glaring mistakes and steps have been implemented to tighten things up.

But why would he do something as progressive as that?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:Selig should have already issued a statement saying they have noticed the glaring mistakes and steps have been implemented to tighten things up.

Well.

The whole ignoring the steroid issue worked out so well for him and the sport, he's decided that a "hands off" approach would be appropriate.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

jiminphilly wrote:What I am saying is that while those calls ultimately had no impact, the frequency of which these bad calls are happening is going to lead up to a mistake costing a team a game. At this point in the season it's completely wrong for MLB to be waiting to react to after the fact. Selig should have already issued a statement saying they have noticed the glaring mistakes and steps have been implemented to tighten things up.

I am certainly in agreement with you here. Selig is a fucking pussy. He makes Gary Bettman look like a genius by comparison.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Selig would never say such a thing because umpires are given playoff assignments on rotation, not by merit.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

jiminphilly wrote:Image
On the play with Cano and Posada, I thought Cano was on the base. I was waiting for two players to be on the base, and when there was never the situation where both of them were on the base at the same time. When he tagged Cano, I thought Cano was on the base, and when Jorge touched the base and continued and tagged Posada out, I thought Posada was out ...

"(The replay) showed that Cano was off the bag when he was tagged. I did not see that for whatever reason ... I'm just out there trying to do my job and do it the best I can."
Maybe it's because you're grossly out of position you lazy fuck! Oh and he fucked the Yanks out of a run earlier in the game when Swisher clearly left on-time on a sac fly to center.

That call ranks up there with the foul ball call against the Twins in Game 1 or 2 as the worst of the playoffs and there have been several brutal gaffes by the umps. I still give that one ump points for making that call on the neighborhood play in Game 2 but how does McClelland goof that call up? Cano and Posada looked clueless on that play. What was awful about that call...as we could see clearly in the picture...was that Cano was tagged out first and that was missed. He obviously saw Posada getting tagged but what was he doing off the back of the bag in the first place?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

This series will not go six, since the Angels have a flair for the dramatic.

I guaranteeing right now that the Angels will win the series and set up a showdown with the defending champion Phillies. Let me repeat: I guarantee the Angels will win the ALCS.

Look at the overall picture and what I have been saying all along. The Angels have a clear psychological advantage here, now more than ever. They are rolling into Yankee Stadium with nothing to lose, just like the Red Sox in '04, whereas the Yankees' sphincters were tightening on that plane ride home last night. Where the Angels showed class and heart by winning last night and ultimately this ALCS, New York is gutless and mentally fragile. Guerrero is setting up as the MVP with clutch hit after clutch hit. The Angel bats are alive now. And the most damning thing about this series is that the Yankee bullpen has been exposed. They are no better than when they had Farnsworth leading the charge :lol:
I still don't get why the media makes that bullpen out to be so good, when it's consisted of meatball pitchers like Hughes and Joba. Not that the Angels bullpen is that good, but at least they know how to finish.

So here's how it will go- Saunders will destroy the Yankees in Game 6 (unless it's postponed, and in that case Lackey may pitch on three days rest and clown the Yankees :lol: ), and I promise that beginning in Game Six Figgins will go berzerk on the bathpaths and the Yankees will begin swinging from their heels, trying to hit bombs, and failing just like in '04. Pettitte will get his ass yacked around in the 3rd inning or so and get pulled early. That sets up Game 7 where the Angels will bring back Lackey on short rest or just go with Weaver if Lackey starts game 6. I actually rank this choke even worse than the '04 ALCS because that year, the Yankees had shit for starting pitching. This year the Yankees have better team on paper than Anaheim but the Angels just have more moxy, more heart, better managing, better gamers and all of that is rising to the top. The Monday Morning papers in the Bronx calling for Girardi's head are going to be ugly :lol:

For the third time...I guarantee the Angels win the ALCS.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I seem to recall the Phillies lighting up Sabathia last year in the ALDS. Whether it's Game 1 or Game 2, I think the Phillies will put up some runs against him.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

jiminphilly wrote:I seem to recall the Phillies lighting up Sabathia last year in the ALDS. Whether it's Game 1 or Game 2, I think the Phillies will put up some runs against him.
:meds:

You'll be facing Jared Weaver in Game one and I don't know what to expect out of him. The Angels need to hide Scott Kasmir in the rotation because in 2008 the Phillies handled him well in both his starts (Games 1 and 5) so they should maybe start him in Game 2 or 3 and that's it. If it sets up so that Lackey can pitch game 2 and 5, this should go Seven. And with the Angels having home field, it will be huge. If Philadelphia wants to repeat they'd best win it in 5. If they are up 3-2 and have to go back to Anaheim, Angels win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't see the Yankees responding quite in the same way they did to the Game 3 loss but I expect them close it out tonight. They were a bad pitch choice away from wrapping it up on Thursday.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Toddowen wrote:I think the Yankees may very well be on their way to another collapse.

I should've known when I stepped outside early Wednesday evening and saw the sliver of the new moon setting in the sky.
Reality is settling in. And remember that the last time Pettitte was in this position, 2003, at home starting Game 6 of the WS with a chance to extend to Game 7....and he failed. Also, in the ALCS that year, he started Game 6 vs. Boston with a chance to close out the series, and he failed. Here he goes again :shock:

See you all tomorrow night as many of you spin the Game 7 loss. :lol:
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
Toddowen wrote:I think the Yankees may very well be on their way to another collapse.

I should've known when I stepped outside early Wednesday evening and saw the sliver of the new moon setting in the sky.
Reality is settling in. And remember that the last time Pettitte was in this position, 2003, at home starting Game 6 of the WS with a chance to extend to Game 7....and he failed. Also, in the ALCS that year, he started Game 6 vs. Boston with a chance to close out the series, and he failed. Here he goes again :shock:

See you all tomorrow night as many of you spin the Game 7 loss. :lol:
Once again... thanks for the laughs. :lol: