Division Series - who wins?

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Division Series - who wins?

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

NYY over MIN in four games to close out baseball at the Metrodome. Yankees own Minnesota and have a better overall team.

BOS over LAA in three games. I've never seen sphincters tighten faster than when the Angels match up against the BoSox in the playoffs. Should be a quick one.

STL over LAD in three game. A sweep here....the Dodgers have proven to be a fraud team this year and will get handled and outclassed by the Cards

PHI over COL in five games. Most boring teams will go the distance. The Phillies are still a gritty club that will not go down without a fight.
Last edited by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Division Series - won wins?

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: STL over LAD in three game. A sweep here....the Dodgers have proven to be a fraud team this year and will get handled and outclassed by the Cards
The Dodgers won the most games in the NL this season.. not sure how that makes them a fraud team.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yankees over Twins in 4 games -- The Twins come into the series with a lot of momentum but facing the Yankees is a big step up from battling for the top spot in the weakest division in baseball. The Yankees expose the Twins as a cute team but and not a true contender. The Twins lack of dominant starting pitching comes to light in a big way.

Red Sox over Angels in 4 games -- The Red Sox continue their dominance over the Halos in the postseason and have a date with the Yankees for another ALCS showdown. Buchholz becomes the next pitcher for the Sox to emerge as a playoff horse.

Phillies over Rockies in 5 games -- Hamels returns to last year's playoff form and combines with Lee to collect the three wins in the series. The bullpen issues won't haunt the Phillies (yet).

Cardinals over Dodgers in 4 games -- Much like the Phillies, the Cardinals are carried by their big two. Manny goes silent in the series...he hit just .143 (4-for-28) in the regular season against the Cards...while Pujols improves on his .222 against the Dodgers with a big series.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ I can just hear Tim McCarver saying all that right now. ^^^
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Division Series - who wins?

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:STL over LAD in three game. A sweep here....the Dodgers have proven to be a fraud team this year and will get handled and outclassed by the Cards.

lemme guess... the Cards have them right where they want them. carpenter was just setting them up in a game 5 showdown where he'll obviously toss a no-hitter and strike out 24 batters.

jinxing the 314 is not cool.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Go Fraud-gers.

:meds:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Another awful night for the Cardinals hitting with runners in scoring position...3-for-22 in the two games. A-Rod thinks that sucks.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Shoalzie wrote:Another awful night for the Cardinals hitting with runners in scoring position...3-for-22 in the two games.
This is the biggest shocker by far. If the Cardinals get beat in the first round, that knocks out the NL's best overall team and makes the World Series sweep even easier for the Red Sox. Titletown may even benefit by getting to play the Rockies again. :lol:
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Yafj,

Stick to playing Keno. Or slot machines maybe. Picking playoff's just isn't your 'bag'.

How about Bingo?
What were we just talking about?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:This is the biggest shocker by far.
Don't forget about that plunger crammed up your ass. Then again, we were expecting it so no shocker I guess.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Uh oh...A-Rod is now clutch in the playoffs. :shock:

EDIT--Tex with the walk-off and Sabathia and Burnett both throw quality starts...money well spent.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

It's always fun watching Beckett melt on the mound. He's too good a pitcher to be such a fucking crybaby.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

I can't speak for the Cardinals because they look dead in the water....so that side of my WS prediction is in jeopardy. But I guarantee that Boston will beat these slappies. If it were the ALCS and they were down 0-3, it may look worse, but this is nothing. The Red Sox have come back from 0-2 in the ALDS so many times I've lost count, and this will be no different. All the pressure is on the Angels, who can't seal the deal. Boston has three aces going on the bump in the next three games, and the series has shifted to Titletown. I think that in Game 3 they will go back to classic BoSox baseball by getting Elsbury flying around the bases, making diving catches in the outfield, and they will win a 3-2 game with Paps closing it out. That's BoSox baseball right there. After Game 3, you can bet that the Angels' cornholes will tighten up. This is the most complete team in baseball and they've just slumped a little the last couple weeks. But when their backs are against the wall, that's when Yook starts mashing and carrying the offense on his back. Big Papi is going to step it up in the next couple games too. The Angels haven't shown me much so far in this series, and they are not even as talented as last year's team that lost to Boston. Another Angel choke is coming up.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:The Angels haven't shown me much so far in this series
At least they're managing more than half a run per game. Just sayin'.

As for your guarantee... will you agree to never post here again if your "guarantee" takes a swirl down the toilet like the rest of your shit predictions?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Rack Fu wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:The Angels haven't shown me much so far in this series
At least they're managing more than half a run per game. Just sayin'.

As for your guarantee... will you agree to never post here again if your "guarantee" takes a swirl down the toilet like the rest of your shit predictions?
His predictions are WORSE than shit.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

The Seer wrote:

I said earlier this year that the Dodgers were capable of making it to the NLCS, but that there's no way they will win the World Series.

So far it's 5-1 Boston today as the bats have come alive like they always do when it's do-or die :D

You can tell that the Angels' dimeholes are puckering up. I love that look Scoscia gets on his face every October when he's sensing being owned yet again by Titletown (3 championships in 6 years if you need 'em). Even funnier when they were up 2-0 and feeling pretty good. He just stands there in the dugout
like this-------> :| trying to keep his composure as everything starts falling apart. :lol:

And rack Schoalie for forseeing the Bucholz domination.

The Angels are Boston's bitch :)
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
The Seer wrote:

I said earlier this year that the Dodgers were capable of making it to the NLCS, but that there's no way they will win the World Series.

So far it's 5-1 Boston today as the bats have come alive like they always do when it's do-or die :D

You can tell that the Angels' dimeholes are puckering up. I love that look Scoscia gets on his face every October when he's sensing being owned yet again by Titletown (3 championships in 6 years if you need 'em). Even funnier when they were up 2-0 and feeling pretty good. He just stands there in the dugout
like this-------> :| trying to keep his composure as everything starts falling apart. :lol:

And rack Schoalie for forseeing the Bucholz domination.

The Angels are Boston's bitch :)

RACK the Halos. That was a huge monkey that they removed today.

I think Papelbon was doing enough puckering for both teams by the end.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Both of his World Series locks got swept in the divisionals. Nice picks, fucknut. :hfal:
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Rack Fu wrote:Both of his World Series locks got swept in the divisionals. Nice picks, fucknut. :hfal:
RACK!!!!!
What were we just talking about?
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YUP THOSE CENTRAL SWEEPING DODGERS ARE A TOTAL FRAUD!
B2B
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Shoalzie wrote:Another awful night for the Cardinals hitting with runners in scoring position...3-for-22 in the two games.
This is the biggest shocker by far. If the Cardinals get beat in the first round, that knocks out the NL's best overall team and makes the World Series sweep even easier for the Red Sox. Titletown may even benefit by getting to play the Rockies again. :lol:
bwahahahahahahahaha!

Where will The Sox and Cards be playing?

SoCal bitch!
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

BTW Chowds, reserve the "Beat LA" chant for teams that are actually from LA dumbasses.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Rack Fu wrote:Both of his World Series locks got swept in the divisionals. Nice picks, fucknut. :hfal:
Priceless.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

STL over LAD in three game. A sweep here....the Dodgers have proven to be a fraud team this year and will get handled and outclassed by the Cards
E UNUM PLURIBUS