greinke for cy young

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: greinke for cy young

Post by Shoalzie »

Heard a great stat on XM today...Greinke could be the 8th pitcher in history to have an ERA that is half of the average ERA for starting pitchers in their respective league (AL or NL). Other guys that have achieved that feat include: Walter Johnson, Bob Gibson, Ron Guidry, Dwight Gooden, Pedro Martinez, and Roger Clemens...forgot the other name.

For the love of all that is holy...please beat the Twins this weekend!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Take care of your own business and it won't be necessary.

But if it comes down to it, Fox just picked up the game for its Saturday national telecast.

It may be the only game left in the regular season that matters at point.

No matter, I'll be watching.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:What?

Playing for the Royals, now that's adversity.
July 1st: 33-44 9.5 games back, 4th place
August 1st: 40-63 14.5 games back, last place
September 1st: 51-81 19.5 games back, last place
October 1st: 65-94 20 games back, last place

Yeah, like I said...no adversity, no pressure. All he's gotta do is show up to the ballpark and do his job. He hasn't faced the pressures and the expectations of winning. He isn't actually pitching for anything beyond his own future worth. You really think it's tougher to pitch in that climate than say NY?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I'm dealing with stupid, so I end my argument.

You guys win, Greinke doesn't deserve the award.

Give it to the winner of a random drawing.

Seriously, if you are even trying to make the argument that Zack Greinke should not be the Cy Young winner, you are STUPID. Period. Just stop yourself right when you say "Zack Greinke does not deserve the Cy Young" and then just admit to yourself that you're plain fucking dumb.

What a joke. You guys are fucking morons. I'm done with this argument. I can't believe how fucking stupid some of you are. War Wagon, they're all yours..........I refuse to continue getting dumber by reading some of these posts.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Toddowen wrote:He shouldn't be pitching today. It's all about winning the Cy and getting more $$$ through recognition.

Fuckstick Royals shouldn't be meddling in the outcome of the postseason by starting this upstart. Just roll over let the Twins and Tigers decide this thing in a one game playoff.
You know you're dumber than shit, right? Okay, just checking.

How does Zack get more money by making this start? He signed a long-term deal in the offseason. No more money to be had.

So you're saying the Royals should compromise the integrity of baseball and just give the Twins a free victory? Yeah, that's a great idea. Why don't we just fix games while we're at it?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Toddowen wrote:MUAHAHAHA!!!

Adios to the CY for Grieske.

Yeah, piece of crap. How dare he force his defenders to not catch a flyball to end the inning!!!

2.16 ERA..........meh, everyone does that. :meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote: Winning the Cy wont save face for the Royals.
That's not the point.

They know, we know, they suck.

The point is that Grienke has had a remarkable, breakout season.

Would you dispute that?

I've watched MLB for a long time, Todd.

I can honestly say that Zack Grienke is the nastiest pitcher I've ever seen.

Just sick.

I don't care that much if he wins an award voted on by the likes of you or the MLB writers, and neither does he.

But I know what i saw these past 6 months.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

If you call giving up 4 runs in 6 innings getting pwned, so be it.

His ERA blew up to an absurd 2.16 for the entire season.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Verlander had a gem going into the 7th today before the Sox put up 3 runs and knocked him in the 8th inning. He and Hernandez would finish "in the money" in the Cy Young race behind Greinke. Another win yesterday would've made me happy as a TigerFan but I think it was his award to lose.

In the other major awards, I thought Mauer was my pick going into the last couple weeks but he was pitched around quite often and it was Cuddyer and Kubel that carried the Twins offensively down the stretch. I also thought Cabrera was in the mix but he's been a pop out/ground out machine in these last few games and hasn't done anything "MVP-worthy". I think the award oughta go to one of the Yankees' standouts...Jeter or Teixeira.

Gardenhire is the best manager in baseball and is an easy choice for AL Manager of the Year.

I don't know if the vote happens after the game on Tuesday but if Porcello can win in the Homerdome in a pre-playoff playoff game, he should be the AL Rookie of the Year.

NL Awards...
MVP: Pujols
Cy Young: Wainwright
Manager of the Year: Tracy
Rookie of the Year: McGehee
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Shoalzie wrote: NL Awards...
Rookie of the Year: McGehee
Might want to rethink that.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Ah, great. As if this thread didn't already reek of homerism, now it's jizminafillie's turn.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Didn't he just get pwned by the Twinks tonight? :lol:
Yeah, he had a 2 hit shutout through 5 and then his defense failed him in the 6th. Complete ownage.......
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

rozy wrote:Ah, great. As if this thread didn't already reek of homerism, now it's jizminafillie's turn.

And once again Rozy chimes in, bruised vagina in full bloom, after his Astros finish off yet another futile season. How's Ed Wade these days? And how can you dispute J.A Happ as ROY with these numbers:

12-4
166 IP
2.93 ERA
119 Strikeouts
56 BB
3CG
2 Shut Outs
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

How DARE you mention Ed Wade in a conversation with me. I WILL TROTS ALL YOUR THREADS FROM NOW TIL THE END OF MARDI GRAS! His arrogance may be as nauseating as his job performance.

Oh, and all FREAKING HOMERISM aside. Happ should win. Easily. Landslide. It was Shoalzie. What did you expect? National League knowledge? He can't even get his own league right. :lol:

And Wags, one year of Greenkey in no way trumps a decade of Pedro's nastiness. Lose the Jonsense.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

rozy wrote:How DARE you mention Ed Wade in a conversation with me. I WILL TROTS ALL YOUR THREADS FROM NOW TIL THE END OF MARDI GRAS! His arrogance may be as nauseating as his job performance.

Oh, and all FREAKING HOMERISM aside. Happ should win. Easily. Landslide. It was Shoalzie. What did you expect? National League knowledge? He can't even get his own league right. :lol:

And Wags, one year of Greenkey in no way trumps a decade of Pedro's nastiness. Lose the Jonsense.

Rack this post.

:D
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Love ya too, roz...who did I goof up on in the AL? Mauer as the MVP over either any guy from the Yanks? I went back and forth on him but I watched a lot of Twins games in the last two weeks and he was very quiet. Mostly because teams pitched around him with Morneau gone and they let Kubel and Cuddyer beat them instead. It probably shouldn't take away from his extraordinary as a catcher. I wasn't being anti-Twins with him...he's definitely been one of the best players all year long and he did this even though he missed the entire month of April.

I goofed on the NL Rookie of Year...I completely forgot about Happ. I had McGehee and Coghlan on the mind. I would take Happ over McGehee. My bad...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

To me, Grienke looked like a dapper and clean-cut gent. I wouldn't call him nasty at all.
Please never comment on anything baseball related ever again.

I can't believe how dumb Trolls have gotten on these boards. Wow.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote: And Wags, one year of Greenkey in no way trumps a decade of Pedro's nastiness. Lose the Jonsense.
What, a fan can't be myopic in here? I thought that was a prerequisite.

Point taken, but we're talking about who should win the AL Cy Young award this year. Excuse me if I use some over the top exclamations trying to prove the point.

He is plenty nasty.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Now the tards are claiming the Cy Young is a lifetime achievement award? What morons. I am now officially dumber for having read this thread. Zack is as nasty as Pedro was. Does that mean he will have as good of a career as him? Not necessarily but you don't become nastier due to pitching longer and Cy Young's have nothing to do with previous seasons. You guys are fucking dumb and there's definitely no debating that. Just admit it tards, you just can't bring yourself to admit the best pitcher in the league is on the laughingstock of baseball. That's what this is about. If you wanna rip on the Royals and how pathetic of an organuzation we've got, by all means do so. I agree. But Zack is the best pitcher in the league and he had the best season anyone has had in quite some time. This is not an MVP, so that retarded "he didn't have pressure" argument is garbage too. Face it, the best pitcher is a Royal and you douchebags can only do one thing about it- deal with it. No go back to school and work on not being so fucking dumb. That is all.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:
rozy wrote: And Wags, one year of Greenkey in no way trumps a decade of Pedro's nastiness. Lose the Jonsense.
What, a fan can't be myopic in here? I thought that was a prerequisite.

Point taken, but we're talking about who should win the AL Cy Young award this year. Excuse me if I use some over the top exclamations trying to prove the point.

He is plenty nasty.
Relax, I was just keying on the one statement. Greenkey had a great year. I would be satisfied at either him or Felix.

Shoalz, bustin' ya like always. I like Mauer for MVP also but Teix may win it. (east coast bias) I'd have to go with Scioscia as the best AL MGR with Francona right there as well. Championships are the ultimate trump cards. And that is just AL. Didn't even bring up TLR or Torre. Props to Gardenhire and all but come on...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Greinke must wanna pull the trigger any moment now..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Pull the trigger on what? A trade to a NL team? He'd be 6-0.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

War Wagon wrote:Pull the trigger on what? A trade to a NL team? He'd be 6-0.
Of course he would. They'd actually score runs for him. I'm not bashing him as a pitcher but 0-4 with a ~2.5 ERA on a shit team is killing his promising career.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

plus, he'd get to bat. Zack can hit and help his own cause.

But he's a Royal for the next 3 years at least.

Just a crying shame that every game he pitches these chumps can't score any runs for him. And the defense sucks, making errors left and right.

It's tough to be a Royals fan, but such is my lot in life.