Porcini and Cremini Mushroom Sauce

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Porcini and Cremini Mushroom Sauce

Post by indyfrisco »

You can mix a few shitake shrooms and cinder's flaps and I may not know the difference or care. Mushrooms are my fave. Anything that is a shroom, looks like a shroom, or touched a shroom....I'm in on.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Tonight, as an alternative to rice, I sauteed some diced up shiitakes and shallots in butter, EVOO and some white wine, and then mixed it in with this stuff:

Actually, we had a mixture of red and white quinoa. The stuff is awesome. Twice the protein of rice plus a whole lot of fiber. Plus the protein is a complete protein. Sort of a crunchy, nutty flavor. Even the OL liked it.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

mvscal wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:You can mix a few shitake shrooms and cinder's flaps and I may not know the difference or care.
Sure you would. I don't know if you have ever used them, but dried porcinis have an incredible flavor. It's a very hearty, prototypical mushroom flavor. The finished sauce tasted almost like it was based on beef stock not mushroom tea.
Think you missed my point. Mushrooms are my favorite veggie. No matter the type. Thank God I get to hunt for morels in my woods. Was just saying if you mixed some shrooms with cinder flaps, I'd still be good with it as long as there were some shrooms there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

Wow, sounds good!! I'll have to try this one.