Iowa State Grad

Re: Yankees suck

Post by TheJON »

He does have a point.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

'Sox are on an 8 in a row run dating back to last season vs the 'Stanks right now. Best such run since 1912. CC gonna get roughed up tonight to make it 9 - mahhk it down!!!
Go Patriots! ! ! !
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Th wrote:'Sox are on an 8 in a row run dating back to last season vs the 'Stanks right now. Best such run since 1912. CC gonna get roughed up tonight to make it 9 - mahhk it down!!!

Speaking of the 'sox- do you think the ball Dobbs hit on Fri night should have been reviewed? Not saying it wasn fair b/c I think it probably was foul but given that they now have replay for balls like that, why not make sure you get it 100% correct?
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

jiminphilly wrote:
Th wrote:'Sox are on an 8 in a row run dating back to last season vs the 'Stanks right now. Best such run since 1912. CC gonna get roughed up tonight to make it 9 - mahhk it down!!!

Speaking of the 'sox- do you think the ball Dobbs hit on Fri night should have been reviewed? Not saying it wasn fair b/c I think it probably was foul but given that they now have replay for balls like that, why not make sure you get it 100% correct?

I didn't watch the game but here is MY opinion on the review system: if there is any question on a call, THAT is why review was brought into the game. It should be reviewed regardless of WHO in the game was questioning it - including coaches.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Th wrote:. . . . . . . . . . . . carry on then
Sincerely,
I am blue
I am green
I rise in the east

:meds:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Yankees aren't making the playoffs this year. Some other dumbass team will sneak up and get the wild card. This team sucks ass. They lost to the Nationals tonight at home. That should never happen. Is there a team less clutch than the Yankees? Their problem is all the stiffs in their lineup. At least they got rid of Giambi but let's be honest- look at all the aging stiffs...starting with Matsui- why is this .250 hitting, shit fielding, double play hitting machine still on the team? He fuckin sucks. Then you have A-Rod who can hit home runs but he's just a stiff who always pops out or strikes out when it matters. Every fucking time. Hitting .229 this year w/ risp. I thought it was more like .129. Then Posada...he's a good catcher but is slow as shit and eats up space in the lineup and always chokes too. It's a team loaded with stiffs in the lineup and an average pitching staff. The bullpen could kick adequete amounts of ass with Joba, Bruney and Rivera but Girardi is too stupid to put Chamberlain in there.
Screw
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Screw »

Nats take series from the Yanks. WOOOO!
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Screw wrote:Nats take series from the Yanks. WOOOO!

As I was saying . . . . . . . . . .
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Th wrote:As I was saying . . . . . . . . . .
You were saying?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Full on props to the 'Stanks for returning the 'Sox to their customary bridesmaid postion - with vigor. There is a lot of baseball to play before the end of September, blah blah blah . . . . . . . . . Its fucking FOOTBALL time now!
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't know if facing a wounded Red Sox team after a sweep by the Yankees is all that good for any club. I'd love at least a split in Boston for the Tigers. Hopefully E-Jack can keep the Sox reeling for at least one more night.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Some of the AL teams are jockeying too early for playoff positioning when they should be just playing decent baseball and then turning it on during the last two weeks. The last two weeks of the regular season are the most pivotal and that is where you will see a team like the BoSox kick it into overdrive and start asspummelling teams to set up their rotation for the divisional round. Boston is built for October and once you shorten the rotation to three or four arms (and Dice-K and Wakefield are fully healthy), you've got nasty shit coming at you in every game. Once they turn the tables and get the division title that sets up a first round matchup with the Angels, whom they own. After that it's a tough ALCS but we've all seen what misery the Bosox can inflict on other teams in ALCS play.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Yes, it's a marathon not a sprint. But we're now into late August and the Red Sox are starting to run out of chances. The Yankees have a 6 1/2 game lead and there are only four head-to-head matchups left between the Yankees and the Red Sox. Not saying the Red Sox can't win the division, but at a minimum, they're gonna need some help to do so.

That being said, if history is any example, the wild card is hardly a death sentence when it comes to reaching the World Series. Of course, at this point the Red Sox are far from assured even of getting at least a wild-card bid. They hold a two-game lead over Texas and a three-game lead over Tampa Bay (with six still to play against the Rays).

As for the postseason, a wild-card bid likely means that they play the Angels in the first round. This year, they're 2-4 vs. the Angels and 11-20 vs. the AL West. Of course, the playoffs are a different animal.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Yes, it's a marathon not a sprint. But we're now into late August and the Red Sox are starting to run out of chances. The Yankees have a 6 1/2 game lead and there are only four head-to-head matchups left between the Yankees and the Red Sox. Not saying the Red Sox can't win the division, but at a minimum, they're gonna need some help to do so.

That being said, if history is any example, the wild card is hardly a death sentence when it comes to reaching the World Series. Of course, at this point the Red Sox are far from assured even of getting at least a wild-card bid. They hold a two-game lead over Texas and a three-game lead over Tampa Bay (with six still to play against the Rays).

As for the postseason, a wild-card bid likely means that they play the Angels in the first round. This year, they're 2-4 vs. the Angels and 11-20 vs. the AL West. Of course, the playoffs are a different animal.
Your best friend is Marcus Allen, isn't he you vapid, boring, vacuous idiot. You'd bore the stripe off of a dead skunk's back.
In other news, the sky will once again be blue today but you can only see it when the clouds are out of the way. Then tonight, you won't be able to see it because it will be dark. Just letting you know, in case the obvious hadn't crawled up you nose and taken residence inside that empty shell you call a head.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

rozy wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Yes, it's a marathon not a sprint. But we're now into late August and the Red Sox are starting to run out of chances. The Yankees have a 6 1/2 game lead and there are only four head-to-head matchups left between the Yankees and the Red Sox. Not saying the Red Sox can't win the division, but at a minimum, they're gonna need some help to do so.

Your best friend is Marcus Allen, isn't he you vapid, boring, vacuous idiot. You'd bore the stripe off of a dead skunk's back.
In other news, the sky will once again be blue today but you can only see it when the clouds are out of the way. Then tonight, you won't be able to see it because it will be dark. Just letting you know, in case the obvious hadn't crawled up you nose and taken residence inside that empty shell you call a head.
Is everyone in Texas as stupid as you, Rosie? You know, someone who can't even accept evolution because it conflicts with your worldview?

Come to think of it, that would explain W.