Wayman Tisdale dies

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Wayman Tisdale dies

Post by King Crimson »

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... y/11749960

it was a great ride following OU hoops in the 80's. probably my favorite time as a sports fan/OU fan....going to those games as OU became a national power under Billy Tubbs was fantastic. Great times. Tisdale was the guy who put the Sooners on the map....after being a pretty moribund program most of the previous 20-25 years.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mook
Elwood

Re: Wayman Tisdale dies

Post by Mook »

That's some sad shit..........I thought he was doing better after the surgery as well.

Watching the Sooners during that timeframe, starting with Tisdale was fun. I really think Tubbs and Tisdale brought the Big 8 out of the stone ages.....that was a good thing.

Tisdale seemed like a great guy as well. Sad news, he went way too soon.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

It sucks when someone your own age dies, particularly of natural causes. :brad:

T&P to the Tisdale family and the Sooner community.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mook wrote: Watching the Sooners during that timeframe, starting with Tisdale was fun. I really think Tubbs and Tisdale brought the Big 8 out of the stone ages.....that was a good thing.
i think there's a lot of truth to that. Norm and Jonny Orr went uptempo fullcourt but Billy was the one who made it go. the Big XII was pretty strong and deep 01-06 with KU, UT, OU, and OSU all making the Final Four....and a handful of Elite Eights....but, the mid 80's to early 90's Big 8 was some great hoops. Lot of really good teams and great college players for an 8 team league once Mizzou, KU, KSU, ISU, and OU really stepped it up over that period. Road wins in conference were hard to come by in those days, I tell ya.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

man, definatly sucks losing a great guy like Tisdale. He ALWAYS had a smile on his face.

i remember being at the game with MO in 97 when they retired his jersey.

really sucks that he died.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tisdale came along midway thru Mizzou's run of 4 straight Big 8 championships during the Sundvold/Stipanovich era. Before Tisdale, the Tigers pretty much had their way with the rest of the conference. I can remember what fits he gave them and I was like, "where the fuck did this guy come from"?

Outstanding player and from all indications, even a better human being. He left way too soon.

RIP
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I don't have a bunch of memories of Tisdale as a player, since I didn't really start paying attention to OU until I got there in 1992.
Really? Then why do you always bitch about the Texas/OU game in 1984? Seeing that you didn't start paying attention to OU until 1992, it should not matter... :D
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harv has thus disqualified himself from talking shit about the all-time UT-OU series....since the pre-face mask, leather helmet days were before he was born. and possibly the DKR MNC's of 69 and 70, I'd guess.

that considered, UT is right up there with Clemson and BYU and Colorado and Georgia Tech as national powers.
"