Pirates hijack ship with 20 Americans aboard

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

The Seer
Just the Facts

Pirates hijack ship with 20 Americans aboard

Post by The Seer »

North Korea & Somali pirates appear to be the preliminary govts that are duly impressed with Obama's nice guy approach and are willing to measure his resolve.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/04 ... topstories
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: Pirates hijack ship with 20 Americans aboard

Post by Cuda »

Send in the Ninjas.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

If they're lucky, the cook is actually a Navy Seal and can coordinate with other kitchen staff and the Playboy Playmate that just happened to be on board to jump out of a birthday cake, and retake the ship.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Tom In VA wrote:If they're lucky, the cook is actually a Navy Seal and can coordinate with other kitchen staff and the Playboy Playmate that just happened to be on board to jump out of a birthday cake, and retake the ship.
RACK!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

:D
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon says the American crew of a hijacked ship has regained control of the vessel.
Pentagon sources spoke on condition of anonymity because information was still preliminary. But sources said Wednesday the hijacked crew apparently contacted the private shipping company they work for.

The shipping company, Maersk, has scheduled a noon news conference in Norfolk, Va.

We'll see. Hopefully the crew DID fight back and won.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Send in the clowns.

Rack Tom and all SS resets.
by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 am
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:

Right. Because unlike you, I actually respond to Vic. He's a funny poster
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

They did it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7990566.stm
The US crew of a ship hijacked by pirates off the coast of Somalia has retaken control of the vessel, according to Pentagon sources.

Unnamed US defence officials said one pirate had been captured by the crew of the Danish-owned Maersk Alabama, which was seized earlier in the Indian Ocean.

The status of the other pirates was unknown, but officials said they were "in the water". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Raise the "Jolly Roger", Tom.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

First Utah, now it's starving fucking Somalians ass raping Alabama.

Sam's gotta be pissed.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Seer, Somali Pirates are...a "government"...? If that's what you call a government, then no wonder you're so unhappy with the government America has.

For the record, Somali Pirates were active during prior administrations as well.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

CNN reporting the Captain is still a hostage or something. Looks like somebody is going to have go in.

Video from the Cargo Ship has made it to YouTube already. The crew definitely had THEIR shit together.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4E1LtOJ6x8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4E1LtOJ6x8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, mvscal, I gotta ask...

"POTUS" is short for President Of The United States.

What's the T stand for, relating to Obama, in "TOTUS"?

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

T = token
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bwaaaa!!!

Okay, thanks, PSU.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That pic should be your Av, mvscal.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Sure, Avi, it's easy for a weasel like yourself to blame POTUS when some rags thousands of miles away attempt to rob an American ship. But where was your spitting venom when twenty of the same type redesigned the skyline of NYC? And Condi had advance warning! Why weren't you insisting that Cheney 'Chimp be....what is it again you're suggesting?...Oh yeah, sodomized with extreme discrimination.

Now just imagine this popular actor filling in for 'Bama aboard the ship--

"Get off of my plane..er..ship!...yeah...Get off of my ship!"
Before God was, I am
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

I want to thank everyone involved for turning what could have been a great thread...

...into the steaming pile of shit that it became.

Thanks...no really...thanks.

:meds:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Gee, that's just what your putative father, Avigdor Lieberman was saying the other day on his way into the investigator's office. Something about "Prepare for peace by preparing for war!" Sure, that'll work, just ask Hitler.

As for 'Bama apologizing, consider his acknowledgment of America's arrogance and subsequent astonishing incompetence over the previous eight years as a sign of actual human intelligence. And regardless, you should be swinging on his nut sack given the sheer militarization of America's role as far as he's described it in the near future. Let's see, he's going ahead with the missile shield system in Europe, calling for much more invasion of Afghanistan, redirecting--not cutting--the pentagon budget, and back peddling in Iraq faster than most people can pedal forward. He's totally "bent over" (in your lexicon) to the Israelis, and he's helping all the fat cats in the banking industry. He's yer boy!
Before God was, I am
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

In an instant Reagan decided this would not stand. Flying back to Washington on Air Force One, Reagan demanded to know what was possible for him to do, turning to a young Marine Lieutenant Colonel named Oliver North to coordinate his options. Options in hand, the President acted. From the decks of the aircraft carrier Saratoga, F-14 Tomcats launched, ordered to divert the Egyptian charter plane carrying the terrorists not to Tunisia but to a NATO air base in Sicily. They were ordered not to shoot, but rather “persuade” by whatever airborne means other than shooting down the plane, which, of course, carried others than the terrorists. Shortly afterwards the word was flashed to the White House: the plane had been “acquired” by the F-14’s. The Americans instructed the pilot to accompany them to Signolla, Italy, the site of the NATO base. They did. The Italians objected—they didn’t want this problem in their lap. They began scrambling F-104’s from the Italian air force to keep the America jets and their captured prey out of Italy. Arguments ensued. The President picked up the phone and called the President of Italy. He got what he wanted, saying he was prepared to just do it—land the planes at the base—regardless. The plane landed, bad guys in hand. “Good enough” snapped Reagan.

Rack!

I would love to have seen a beatdown of an obsolete F-104 taking on an F-14.

You know, if they hurt the captain, it will be open fire on all pirates from now on.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote: Something about "Prepare for peace by preparing for war!" Sure, that'll work, just ask Hitler.
You really are shockingly stupid. It's an old Roman maxim.

"Let him who desires peace prepare for war."

And, yes, the wisdom of that saying is undeniable. Britain, France and the United States were not prepared for war and they got punched in the face.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." or in English if you prefer "If you want peace Prepare for War" Vegetius in his treatsie "Epitoma Rei Militaris"

My favorite quote... it's on my myspace.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Arch Angel wrote:In an instant Reagan decided this would not stand. Flying back to Washington on Air Force One, Reagan demanded to know what was possible for him to do, turning to a young Marine Lieutenant Colonel named Oliver North to coordinate his options. Options in hand, the President acted. From the decks of the aircraft carrier Saratoga, F-14 Tomcats launched, ordered to divert the Egyptian charter plane carrying the terrorists not to Tunisia but to a NATO air base in Sicily. They were ordered not to shoot, but rather “persuade” by whatever airborne means other than shooting down the plane, which, of course, carried others than the terrorists. Shortly afterwards the word was flashed to the White House: the plane had been “acquired” by the F-14’s. The Americans instructed the pilot to accompany them to Signolla, Italy, the site of the NATO base. They did. The Italians objected—they didn’t want this problem in their lap. They began scrambling F-104’s from the Italian air force to keep the America jets and their captured prey out of Italy. Arguments ensued. The President picked up the phone and called the President of Italy. He got what he wanted, saying he was prepared to just do it—land the planes at the base—regardless. The plane landed, bad guys in hand. “Good enough” snapped Reagan.

Rack!

I would love to have seen a beatdown of an obsolete F-104 taking on an F-14.

You know, if they hurt the captain, it will be open fire on all pirates from now on.
It should have been open fire on all pirates a long time ago.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

I know, but you know how the liberals are, especially the European kind. And Sir Spend-a-Lot, aka President Obama, is not going to do a damn thing about it.

I am surprised this is the first time they took on an American flagged ship...and right on cue, they got jacked up.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote: Something about "Prepare for peace by preparing for war!" Sure, that'll work, just ask Hitler.
You really are shockingly stupid. It's an old Roman maxim.

"Let him who desires peace prepare for war."

And, yes, the wisdom of that saying is undeniable. Britain, France and the United States were not prepared for war and they got punched in the face.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." or in English if you prefer "If you want peace Prepare for War" Vegetius in his treatsie "Epitoma Rei Militaris"

My favorite quote... it's on my myspace.
The problem with this logic is that it only works in a very small and controlled environment. It certainly didn't work for Rome. Oh, they used it as some phony pretext to invade and destroy Carthage--much like the neocon ploy of late in Iraq. But as for defense, despite the Pax Romana they were attacked again and again until they fell--after first succumbing to the malignancy of Christianity!

As for utilizing this proverb as actual policy in the modern era...are you kidding? It's been an utter catastrophe. Consider the budget-busting insanity of the entire Cold War for starters. "Preparing for Peace..." has left us perched for nuclear annihilation for about sixty years now--just waiting for some idiot to make a mistake. Moreover, this infantile approach has effectively diverted the attention of the earth's nations from our proper and necessary duty--namely, developing an environmental awareness to deal with the very real problems of industrialization, etc. Instead, we're still developing new missile systems to counter older systems, and new missile shields to protect against these new ones. It's insane of course, but since this "Prepare for Peace" nonsense has also become the biggest industry on the planet, it's hard to to slow it down, let alone reverse it.

Sure, we need nuclear armed submarines! So far the only thing a nuclear sub has ever killed is the thousands of whales and porpoises driven insane by the super loud sonar used to navigate. Oh, and some sailors when these death machines collide (while "Preparing for Peace").

I ordered a "Klinghoffer" the other night at a bar: "Two shots and a splash!" :wink:
Before God was, I am
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:I ordered a "schlonghuffer" the other night at a gay bar: "Two shots and a splash!" :wink:

fixed.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Oh no, Sir Finderfold, it's got to be Klingenhoffer, because then people will know it's about the guy who got shot twice and dumped overboard--making a splash! Ya see, it's a play on words! He got shot twice. That's TWO SHOTS! And by virtue of being huddled (and very sitll) in a wheel chair, he probably made an even more pronounced SPLASH when landing in the warm waves!! :lol:

And I says..I'll have a Klinghoffer...an he says, 'what's that'?..an I says....."
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Sure, we need nuclear armed submarines! So far the only thing a nuclear sub has ever killed is the thousands of whales and porpoises driven insane by the super loud sonar used to navigate. Oh, and some sailors when these death machines collide (while "Preparing for Peace").
let's turd, you really are a special kind of stupid.

Submarines to not find their way around underwater using active sonar, dumbass. They have very accurate charts of the oceans and they got this really cool gizmo called SINS. It stands for Ship's Inertial Navigation System. It tracks ship's position with extreme accuracy simply by measuring all changes in course and speed. If they went around pinging every fukking couple of seconds, it would announce to the entire universe where they were. And that kinda goes against the whole "silent service" thing.

They do use sonar, but unlike those old WWII movies you seem to think represent how we drive subs nowadays, they use only passive sonar. Passive sonar means STFU and listen.

You should go into passive mode.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

"No man left behind"

In this scenario...

Make mine a "ma deuce"

Repel invaders.....

I'm not nnorrr have ever been a squid....

Fujjin' pirates.....
The only right answer to a fool is silence
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Looks like the skipper had the balls to jump overboard and swim for it last night. Unfortunately, they caught him.

I guess he actually thought his countrymen sitting a few yards away on a fukking destroyer would come to him aid.

He thought wrong.

Somebody 'splain to me why that boat wasn't blown to bits 3 seconds after he jumped in the water.

Good god, our government is a sackless pos. They should have had a handful of navy seals in the water a few feet away from the boat waiting for him.

The pirates are still asking for money and safe haven after releasing him. Why not just tell them they have 5 minutes to free him, then we board. And if we board, we will fukking kill them slowly.

It really is time to take the fukking gloves off.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Incredible how these skinnies can keep calling the shots. The damned hostage makes a break for it and the best we do is hope he makes it? I say we storm that motherfucker with the best SEAL unit we got and air drop the dead, mangled corpses of the pirates over Mogadishu.

In the future, any boat-load of Somalis or anyone for that matter should be executed on the spot if they cannot provide a plausible reason they are at sea.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Part of my platform of "change" is that we solve all problems with dialogue. We use reason with the enemy. If we speak softly and give them money, they will cease doing bad things.

Sincerely,

the Messiah
E UNUM PLURIBUS
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

smackaholic wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote: Sure, we need nuclear armed submarines! So far the only thing a nuclear sub has ever killed is the thousands of whales and porpoises driven insane by the super loud sonar used to navigate. Oh, and some sailors when these death machines collide (while "Preparing for Peace").
let's turd, you really are a special kind of stupid.

Submarines to not find their way around underwater using active sonar, dumbass. They have very accurate charts of the oceans and they got this really cool gizmo called SINS. It stands for Ship's Inertial Navigation System. It tracks ship's position with extreme accuracy simply by measuring all changes in course and speed. If they went around pinging every fukking couple of seconds, it would announce to the entire universe where they were. And that kinda goes against the whole "silent service" thing.

They do use sonar, but unlike those old WWII movies you seem to think represent how we drive subs nowadays, they use only passive sonar. Passive sonar means STFU and listen.

You should go into passive mode.
Alright, simmer down. The whale-killing sonar is of course used--necessary--to locate the other nuclear subs, etc.

Sonar 'may cause whale deaths'
By Alex Kirby
BBC News Online environment correspondent

Many unexplained strandings and deaths of marine mammals could be caused by soundwaves from underwater military sonar equipment, zoologists believe.

They think the sonar signals may cause bubbles in the animals' tissue, in much the same way as divers can suffer decompression sickness known as "the bends".

Writing in the journal Nature, scientists describe how 14 whales died during a naval exercise in the Canary Islands.

They say sonar use may need to be regulated to protect the mammals.

The link they suggest is not new: environment groups have argued for years that sonar is a threat to cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises).

Two months ago the US Navy was ordered by a federal court not to test a powerful sonar system in most parts of the world, because of fears the booming sounds emitted to detect enemy submarines could "irreparably harm" cetaceans and fish.

The point is that this nonsense is just another step of the tit-for-tat nature of
Preparing For Peace..." bullshit that has not worked for humans any better than it has for whales. Bottom line--there has never been an effective use of a nuclear sub. No one has ever been sunk, torpedoed, fired upon,or in any way engaged in battle...NOTHING. And the cost of these subs is astronomical. Oh sure, some families have been paid when the endless "practicing" with these giant toys proves dangerous.

Here's the Japs getting into the "Prepare For Peace ...:" game:

Japanese Sub Hits Fishing Boat; Up to 30 Feared Dead
Copyright 1988 The Washington Post.

A fishing boat with 48 people aboard collided with a Japanese navy submarine and sank today near Tokyo Bay, killing at least one person and leaving 29 missing, police said.

The 92-foot boat, chartered for a weekend fishing expedition, disappeared into the water less than two minutes after the collision, tossing its passengers into the Pacific, said police in the nearby port city of Yokosuka.

And here's the Americans showing how it's done:

Nine remain missing after US sub hits Japanese fishing boat
Saturday, 10 February 2001

Rescue crews held out hope that they would find nine people whose fishing vessel sank off the Hawaiian island of Oahu after colliding with a U.S. Navy attack submarine. Twenty-six survivors stranded amid the debris and covered with diesel fuel from the crash were brought to shore.

And sometimes for convenience sake, two nations "Prepare" together:

Nuclear subs collide in Atlantic
February 14, 2009

A Royal Navy nuclear submarine was involved in a collision with a French nuclear sub in the middle of the Atlantic, the MoD has confirmed.

HMS Vanguard and Le Triomphant were badly damaged in the crash in heavy seas earlier this month.

First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Jonathon Band said the submarines came into contact at low speed and no injuries were reported.

Both the UK and France insisted nuclear security had not been compromised.

Well thank goodness nuclear security hadn't been compromised.

Though we can never be sure:

Russian sub sinks with crew aboard
Sunday 31 August 2003 12.00 BST

A Russian nuclear-powered submarine sank in the freezing water of the Barents Sea yesterday, leaving at least two crew dead and another seven at the bottom of the sea in an eerie echo of the Kursk disaster three years ago. Russian President Vladimir Putin immediately announced a 'thorough' investigation.

Well, at least a thorough investigation is under way.

WW
Before God was, I am
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:Looks like the skipper had the balls to jump overboard and swim for it last night. Unfortunately, they caught him.

I guess he actually thought his countrymen sitting a few yards away on a fukking destroyer would come to him aid.

He thought wrong.

Somebody 'splain to me why that boat wasn't blown to bits 3 seconds after he jumped in the water.

Good god, our government is a sackless pos. They should have had a handful of navy seals in the water a few feet away from the boat waiting for him.

The pirates are still asking for money and safe haven after releasing him. Why not just tell them they have 5 minutes to free him, then we board. And if we board, we will fukking kill them slowly.

It really is time to take the fukking gloves off.
Did you consider the possibility that their main goal is to not get the hostage killed?

Oh yeah, I forgot, all of you armchair SEALS are completely aware of all asects of the situation and really should be allowed to make the call instead of whatever highly trained officer is actually on site.

Amazing how all of you blowhards have such high respect for our military, until a situation arises giving you a chance to blow off some complete and utter bullshit.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Sadly for the unfortunates who are in the wrong place at the wrong time, I think that's the answer, mvscal.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:Maybe we ought to stop giving a flying fuck about hostages. Just have a funeral and tell the kidnappers to go fuck themselves. If there is no profit in hostage taking...they won't take hostages.

Same thing with "human shields."
Nigh on impossible to argue with that.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:
mvscal wrote:Maybe we ought to stop giving a flying fuck about hostages. Just have a funeral and tell the kidnappers to go fuck themselves. If there is no profit in hostage taking...they won't take hostages.

Nigh on impossible to argue with that.
Then you're not trying very hard.

Steven Segal would save the hostage AND fuck over the kidnappers. If there's a possiblity for that outcome they should do everything they can to achieve it. But then again, mvscal obviously knows a lot more about the situation than all of the highly trained officers that are actually there, so why argue.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey, Segal's too busy these days getting fat to save any more hotties popping out of b-day cakes aboard nuclear subs.

Sure, we don't know all the particulars about whether or not this particular captain could've been rescued in this particular instance. That's true.

The point, however, is that if there were no good reasons for hi-jackers to hi-jack then that captain wouldn't be in this position right now. Take away the incentive and the criminals move on to something else. If by hi-jacking a boat it would mean they cannot get paid, but they can get themselves blown the fuck up, you can bet your ass that the kidnappings would dry up in a hurry.

It's that whole "we don't negotiate with terrorists" thingy. You fuck with us, you die. Any questions?

Yeah, they'd move on, to some other source of criminal revenue. Probably, French boats.

titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Van wrote:Mikey, Segal's too busy these days getting fat to save any more hotties popping out of b-day cakes aboard nuclear subs.

Sure, we don't know all the particulars about whether or not this particular captain could've been rescued in this particular instance. That's true.

The point, however, is that if there were no good reasons for hi-jackers to hi-jack then that captain wouldn't be in this position right now. Take away the incentive and the criminals move on to something else. If by hi-jacking a boat it would mean they cannot get paid, but they can get themselves blown the fuck up, you can bet your ass that the kidnappings would dry up in a hurry.

It's that whole "we don't negotiate with terrorists" thingy. You fuck with us, you die. Any questions?

Yeah, they'd move on, to some other source of criminal revenue. Probably, French boats.
i think Under Seige was on an Iowa class battleship. rack teh tits that popped out of the cake though. Lindsey Zarniak or something?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Close enough.

Erica Eleniak...

GOSD

Post by GOSD »

God damn you are fucking genius! I can't for the life of me think of one thing your stupid ass has ever been right about.

Suggestions on how to suck black cock like you were trying out for a college rowing team is about it.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Van wrote:Close enough.

Erica Eleniak...

fuck, that's her. lindzey zarniak is a local DC sports announcer. and she's hot as fukk too. :)