Football Players Momma In law dying - Was Cop Right or Wrong

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Stan Fukkken Pickle

Football Players Momma In law dying - Was Cop Right or Wrong

Post by Stan Fukkken Pickle »

Negroes could avoid so much trouble if they just obeyed Police commands. Why do nogs always cause so much trouble when they are pulled over by the coppers?

Anyhoo, was this cop wrong? I mean, anybody could make up any excuse for breaking traffic laws.

What say u??
Last edited by Stan Fukkken Pickle on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Football Players Momma In law dying - Was Cop Right or Wrong

Post by Van »

The cop was a douche.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Stan Fukkken Pickle

Van wrote:The cop was a douche.

Interesting. I think he was just doing his job.

Perhaps if the nog pulled over two miles earlier when the police lights first went on the whole miss could have been avoided.

And lastly, there was a 99 percent chance the nog was lying. I mean how often does a black male ever tell the truth about anything?
Stan Fukkken Pickle

Another classic example of What NOT to do when pulled over by the coppers.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Oh, so we do want cops to be judge and jury now. Ok.
Stan Fukkken Pickle

Want a Million Dollars? Just make a cop chase you for 8 miles with his lights on.
Stan Fukkken Pickle

As a black woman, it is your RIGHT to march into a police station and demand custody of your 1 year old kid and take him out of the police station despite the objections of Law Enforcement Officers.
Stan Fukkken Pickle

Poor Cops...I can't believe they have to deal with these primitive savages beasts on a daily basis. I would crack too.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Stan Fukkken Pickle wrote:

Negroes could avoid so much trouble if they just obeyed Police commands. Why do nogs always cause so much trouble when they are pulled over by the coppers?

Anyhoo, was this cop wrong? I mean, anybody could make up any excuse for breaking traffic laws.

What say u??
Stan, the cop is a fukking mouth breathing douchebag asshole.

You might actually get a little cred on pointing out cases of blacks being n...iggers if you didn't show examples like this.

The guy ran a light, then he put his flashers on and proceded to a fukking hospital. Anyone with 3 functioning braincells would realize what was happening. Trouble is, this cop is a braindead fukking moron.

What should the cop have done? He should have listened to his story, followed him into the hospital and sorted it out afterwards.

I hope this braindead POS is fired because he has proven that he is way to stupid to carry a gun around for a living.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Poor Cops...I can't believe they have to deal with these primitive savages beasts on a daily basis. I would crack too.
Stan, you really are a stupid douche.

I think nogs with their pants hanging halfway down their asses are stupid. I don't much care for them and could give a fukk if they all shoot one another, but, y'know what I dislike even more?

Nazi asshole goose stepping powertrippin' extra chromosome havin' dipshits like that cop. I'm guessing he had his ass handed to him one or twice as a kid and now he's got a badge and is gonna get even.

Fukk him.
Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

smackaholic wrote:

Stan, you really are a stupid douche.

I think nogs with their pants hanging halfway down their asses are stupid. I don't much care for them and could give a fukk if they all shoot one another, but, y'know what I dislike even more?

Nazi asshole goose stepping powertrippin' extra chromosome havin' dipshits like that cop. I'm guessing he had his ass handed to him one or twice as a kid and now he's got a badge and is gonna get even.

Fukk him.
fukken rack
"i sky scrape the heavens"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Why the popo gotta be hatin' on Edgerrin James like 'dat?

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

By all means the cop was wrong.

Once the car pulled over at the hospital should have been his first clue. Then when the two security guards came out and said dude was needed to sign papers should have been his second clue. Then finally the nurse comes out and says she is dying right now and even someone as dense as .m2blueblood would have gotten it.

Ticket was thrown out, cop is suspended and should rightly be fired. Cop should also repay the citizens for all the training they put into him that clearly was a waste.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Definiely a douchebag cop. Cops like that should be gunned down, but not in the line of duty so we taxpayers don't have to foot that bill too.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Stan Fukkken Pickle

mvscal wrote:Who cares? Home skillet should just be thankful that he wasn't tazed and peppersprayed in addition to being grateful that his mother in law kicked the bucket.

Next to nogs, mother in laws are probably the most despised people on earth.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

How on earth did "home skillet" ever come into being as part of the general lexicon, with the meaning it carries??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stan Fukkken Pickle

Van wrote:How on earth did "home skillet" ever come into being as part of the general lexicon, with the meaning it carries??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure it was the same person that came up with "cracker" and "peckerwood".

Actually, "cracker" came about during slavery because when the slaves were whipped, and rightfully so, the sound of the whip against negroid skin made a "cracking" sound....hence the term "Cracker".
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Seems like the cop in question gets a hard-on whenever he makes a traffic stop.
Zach Thomas: Same Dallas officer mistreated my wife
NFL linebacker says line was crossed in 2008 traffic stop; Powell's attorney sees no improper actions
11:47 PM CDT on Sunday, March 29, 2009

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com
Maritza Thomas, the wife of NFL linebacker Zach Thomas, saw a familiar face as she watched the video of Officer Robert Powell detaining Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats as he and his family rushed to a hospital to see a dying loved one. That face was Powell's.

On July 27, 2008, while her husband was at training camp with the Cowboys in Oxnard, Calif., Maritza Thomas was pulled over by Powell for an illegal U-turn near NorthPark Center.

Maritza Thomas was issued five tickets by Powell, four of which were later dismissed. Thomas was handcuffed, placed in the back of a police cruiser, spent about three hours in the Dallas County Jail and was threatened with the possibility of spending the night behind bars.

"This in no way compares to what happened to Ryan Moats and his family," said Zach Thomas, who played for the Cowboys last season and is now a free agent. "But we wanted to tell our story, not knowing how many others have been affected by Officer Powell. We know the vast majority of the Dallas police force are good and professional people, but this guy just seems excessive."

The charges that were dropped were failure to show proof of insurance, running a red light, having an improper address on a driver's license and not having a registration sticker on the windshield. She accepted deferred adjudication for the illegal U-turn charge, and her record will be cleared next month.

In total, Maritza Thomas, who is Hispanic, was detained roughly five hours.

"This situation never should've happened," said Maritza Thomas' attorney, Brody Shanklin. "Unless extraordinary circumstances exist, no person should be arrested for a Class C citation. In this case, it was an example of Officer Powell being overzealous and exerting his authority in a manner that he never should have."

Bob Gorsky, Powell's attorney, questioned the timing of Thomas' allegations, saying she had not complained about her arrest until the Moats incident became public.

"After her arrest, she may have mentioned that her husband was a football player, but that played no role in her arrest or the disposition of the case," Gorsky said.

"I do understand that an arrest on multiple traffic charges happens often and is absolutely proper under these circumstances," Gorsky said. "Often, when there are multiple charges, an arrest made and bond posted, some of the charges from a single event are later dropped."

According to Maritza Thomas, a pharmacist with no prior criminal record, Powell would not accept the explanation of where the proper paperwork was before she was taken to jail. Her mother, Teresa Lozano, who was making her first trip to Dallas and speaks little English, was forced to ride with the tow truck driver when the car was impounded. She later posted bail for her daughter's release.

"My mom was begging for him to let her go to the apartment that was five minutes away to get the paperwork," Maritza Thomas said. "He unbuckled his holster, and she got scared."

The Thomases said Powell was dismissive, but they did not allege that he used abusive language. There is no dash-cam video available of the incident, but the police report lists the five citations and confirms that Thomas was taken to jail.

Judge C. Victor Lander, the city of Dallas' chief municipal judge, said under Texas law a person can be arrested for any Class C misdemeanor citation except speeding and having an open container.

When an officer gives someone a traffic citation, it is in lieu of arrest, Lander said. The officer does have the option of making an arrest, he said.

"It really is giving the individual a break by issuing them a ticket. But it's a break most people get," Lander said.

He called it "relatively rare" for an officer to arrest someone on the spot. That's because it's time consuming to take someone to jail and fill out the paperwork, he said. Usually, an arrest occurs if the person has a warrant for unpaid traffic tickets, Lander said.

When an officer does decide to make an arrest for a minor traffic offense, it's usually because of how the person behaved during the traffic stop, Lander said.

"The defense bar refers to it as contempt of cop," Lander said. "If the officer was offended by something the person said or did, they may arrest them."

Dallas police say it is not unusual for an officer to arrest someone who is issued three or more citations during one traffic stop.

“If there are so many violations that it could be viewed that it’s an egregious situation, that person can be arrested,” said Assistant Chief Floyd Simpson, who oversees the department’s seven patrol divisions.

Simpson said he did not know the details of Powell’s encounter with Maritza Thomas.

Based on the five citations she received, Simpson said, an arrest would not be required, but it also generally would not be inappropriate.

“It’s a judgment thing on the cops at that moment,” Simpson said. “The core of what we do is just discretion, and it needs to be that way.”

According to the Dallas police Web site, complaints against an officer must be made within 60 days of an incident, except in special cases, including criminal misconduct or when good cause can be shown by the person making the complaint.

At the time of the incident, the Thomases considered filing a complaint against Powell but declined, "because we didn't want to cause a stir," said her husband, Zach Thomas, believing it "was maybe a guy having a bad day." However, they plan to file one now.

Sr. Cpl. Kevin Janse, a Dallas police spokesman, declined to comment on Thomas' allegation.

However, he said police would investigate all complaints submitted to the department about Powell.

"If she feels Officer Powell did something wrong, we'll investigate it," Janse said. "We are not going to go back and track everything this officer has done," he said. "If people come to us with concerns, we'll look into it."

The department is investigating Powell's actions on the night of the Moats traffic stop, as well as any other questionable encounters involving the officer, Janse said.

Maritza Thomas said, "I hope that by telling my story that it will help prevent situations like this from happening in the future."

Powell issued an apology Friday for his actions in which Moats and his mother-in-law's father were unable to see Jonetta Collinsworth before she died of breast cancer this month. Powell has been put on paid leave.

With the grim news of Collinsworth's health, Moats, his wife, Tamishia, and her grandfather rushed to Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano, rolling through a red light that prompted Powell to turn on his lights.

Outside the emergency room, Powell detained Moats for 13 minutes, and Collinsworth died before everybody could say goodbye.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

The cop was wrong. No man should be denied watching his mother in law pass away. :hfal:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

You guys got a lot of fuggen shitty mother in laws. Mine kicks ass.

However, seeing that the cop fucked around with Zach Thomas' wife too makes me take back the wish of someone gunning him down. Zach Thomas is a piece of shit and anything that happens to him or his cunt of a wife is well deserved.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:You guys got a lot of fuggen shitty mother in laws. Mine kicks ass.
Mine too. She's 65 years old, has the metabolism of a hummingbird and in between traveling the world has done more for my wife and I than I ever could have possibly expected or dared asked for. I'll miss her big time when she finally does punch out.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Damn, B, sounds like you mouched off her even more than that other CNY senior citizen.

My mother in law is pretty cool. She doesn't piss me off near as much as her daughter does, but, then again I don't live with her.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Damn, Indy, is that just an old Taco Tech-A&M thing?

What'd Zach Thomas and his cunt wife do to piss you off?

(I'm hoping this will be really good. Maybe something involving fish bowls, car keys, a missing hottie Indy Wife and a weekend gone totally awry...)

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Van wrote:Damn, Indy, is that just an old Taco Tech-A&M thing?
Yes. And it's taco tceh.

What'd Zach Thomas and his cunt wife do to piss you off?
She married Zach Thomas, the fuck.
(I'm hoping this will be really good. Maybe something involving fish bowls, car keys, a missing hottie Indy Wife and a weekend gone totally awry...)
Sorry to dissapoint, but I just think Zach Thomas is a punk bitch. His antics at taco tceh really pissed me off. Pretty much anything taco tceh pisses me off. I wish the Earth would open up, swallow Lubbock whole and shit the remains out into space through a volcano on the other side of the world.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So do Vito and Harvdog.

BTH, Sun Coast Sooner and Skull?

Not so much.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That's because you're a total dick, the way you constantly deny us your posting munificence in BTPCF.

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Bri--WOW--- I'd hate to pay your
Mother-in-law's food bill if she really has the metabolism of a hummingbird--

Hummingbirds do not spend all day flying, as the energy costs of this would be prohibitive; the majority of their activity consists simply of sitting or perching. Hummingbirds feed in many small meals, consuming many small invertebrates and up to five times their own body weight in nectar each day. They spend an average of 10-15% of their time feeding and 75-80% sitting and digesting.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Van wrote:So do Vito and Harvdog.

BTH, Sun Coast Sooner and Skull?

Not so much.
Not always been that way. Since about the early 90s, they've (they being fans/players/etc.) taken on this "bad boy" persona. I pretty much would compare them to RadierTard who dresses like Halloween on Sundays and delivers newspapers and/or pizza the rest of the week.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Well, Looks like this dumbass saved the police chief from having to shitcan him. He just resigned.

Wonder if another department will be dumb enough to take him in?

My guess is he'll lay low for awhile and then try to get on as a cop somewhere else. He don't seem bright enough to get a decent job in the private sector.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

smackaholic wrote:Wonder if another department will be dumb enough to take him in?
Once that asshat watches Mall Cop and Observe and Report, he'll know what his career path is.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Hey maybe this guy should have said his mother-in-law was dying. I mean, most Americans, can understand a guy getting a little drink-on upon bad news, right ? And certainly, he'd have to get behind the wheel of a car. I don't think it's right they charge this guy with "manslaughter", it was an accident.

Maybe he was having a rough time, or a family emergency was occuring making it "okay" for him to totally disregard the law.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/01/don ... index.html
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

Tom In VA wrote:Hey maybe this guy should have said his mother-in-law was dying. I mean, most Americans, can understand a guy getting a little drink-on upon bad news, right ? And certainly, he'd have to get behind the wheel of a car. I don't think it's right they charge this guy with "manslaughter", it was an accident.

Maybe he was having a rough time, or a family emergency was occuring making it "okay" for him to totally disregard the law.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/01/don ... index.html
Is this known as the "trev maneuver"? Where you bring up shit that has no relevance to the topic at hand to try and derail the argument? Let's talk about bringing you up on manslaughter charges Tom, for you and you wife fucking up and having mistakes and then having to be forcefully wed. Lord knows your little out of wedlock fuck up that has forced you and your wife to spend the rest of your lives together for a mistake, ultimately fucked up your children's lives.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

GOSD wrote: Is this known as the "trev maneuver"? Where you bring up shit that has no relevance to the topic at hand to try and derail the argument? Let's talk about bringing you up on manslaughter charges Tom, for you and you wife fucking up and having mistakes and then having to be forcefully wed. Lord knows your little out of wedlock fuck up that has forced you and your wife to spend the rest of your lives together for a mistake, ultimately fucked up your children's lives.

No, it's not.

I'm just curious how a family emergency all of a sudden is an excuse for breaking the law. Is it because the guy is an NFL player ? If so, then Donte Stallworth should go the "family emergency" route.

This, cop, a douche to be sure, was doing his job. He witnessed a crime, he pursued the suspect, and when confronted with standard excuses and bullshit tried to get control of the situation. Which is what cops are supposed to do.

I don't think calls for his job were fair. I think a bit of "wall to wall" counseling amongst his superiors and peers might have been in order but not his job.

But, as always, thanks for showing your complete and utter ignorance of your targets' personal life. You are most amusing when you throw your haymakers that never land.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Tom, you are dead wrong on this one. Dude rolled a light....after making certain there was no traffic coming. He then proceeded to the emergency room with his flashers on.

The cop should have immediately known what was going on and used just a touch of common sense.

Upon getting out of the car and hearing moats story, he could have said, get up there. He could then have confirmed the situation with the hospital and then got his ass back to crispy creme. Instead he acted like a complete fukking moron. I don't know about you tom, but, I don't think we need to have certified fukking morons as police officers.

No one's saying he should be locked away. Just saying that he is in a job where good judgment just might come in handy from time to time. He has shown that he has none.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Smack, I'm just providing an absurd extreme to make a point. I think we should be more willing to give the cop the benefit of the doubt - he didn't use excessive force - no force at all. Than to excoriate him based solely on the fact it was an NFL player.

If it was anyone else, I doubt we'd give a shit.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It's got fuck all to do with him being an nfl player. He's a fukking scrub that most of us never heard of.

It's about a cop being a braindead fukking twit. End of story.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:You guys got a lot of fuggen shitty mother in laws. Mine kicks ass.
Mine too. She's 65 years old, has the metabolism of a hummingbird and in between traveling the world has done more for my wife and I than I ever could have possibly expected or dared asked for. I'll miss her big time when she finally does punch out.
Mother in laws rule.

You don't have to like them, you just have to put up with them, as they do you.

What's not to like about having a 2nd Mom? You'll never run out of clean socks or underwear, they bring awesome side dishes on Thanksgiving and Christmas, and they they treat your children like royalty.

Mother in laws rule.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

smackaholic wrote:It's got fuck all to do with him being an nfl player. He's a fukking scrub that most of us never heard of.

It's about a cop being a braindead fukking twit. End of story.
A braindead fukking twit because he didn't turn a blind eye to a guy breaking the law. Okay.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I'm not joining the chorus calling for this guys head. If his superiors and peers believe he acted in an incorrect manner, so be it. I'm not a cop so I don't know. He might just have been doing what he trained to do. Maintain control of a situation, he never had it and continued to try to get it.

So I'll "cop out" and defer to professionals in the field to properly assess this man's response and reaction to the situation and dictate what should have been done.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:What's not to like about having a 2nd Mom? You'll never run out of clean socks or underwear
Dude, wtf?