Steelers vs. Cards

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Steelers vs. Cards

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Who you got?

I'm sure everyone is looking at that Steelers D and thinking there is no chance in hell the Cardinals are going to bust through it like they did with Atlanta, Carolina, and Philly. It's okay. They weren't supposed to win any of those games, yet they are now making arrangements with their travel agents for a trip to Tampa as a contestant; not a spectator.

Pope and Boldin will be healthy by then. James is running like he cares. And Warner is playing mistake free football when it matters most.

Pittsburgh will be substantial favorites on Feb 1, but I will not be surprised if the Cards "surprise" again.

I'll take the Steelers by a field goal.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Re: Steelers vs. Cards

Post by Tom In VA »

Steelers, literally run away with this one.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I hope the Cards win just to see the Steelers lose.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Ive got the German Shepherd in the Puppy Bowl. That is about as close to the Superbowl as my eyes will get.

Hate Pittsburgh and hope they lose.....

The fact that the Cards made the playoffs is a joke. The fact that they made the Superbowl is a bigger joke.

I hope it ends in a tie.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Neely8 wrote:Ive got the German Shepherd in the Puppy Bowl. That is about as close to the Superbowl as my eyes will get.

The fact that the Cards made the playoffs is a joke. The fact that they made the Superbowl is a bigger joke.

What a bitter little bitch.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd love to see the Cardinals win just for the fact that it would sicken people. Say what you want about them but they've won three playoff games to get to Tampa and they have a right to be in this game. Call it a fraud or fluke but they made it here by beating 3 solid NFC teams. It's today's NFL...every team has a shot to win (unless you're the Lions).

The Steelers should win the game based on them having the superior defense and the experience in a game like this. Warner has been to two Super Bowls so having a QB that has been here will help the Cardinals. I'd bet against the Cardinals in their first three games but they've proven me and many others wrong. I don't think we should sleep on them for this game. They don't need to win 4 out of 7...it just takes one win in two weeks and they're holding the Lombardi Trophy.

The Cardinals would be one of the worst Super Bowl champions of all-time...there's no doubting that but what does that say for the rest of the league? You had Brady go in Week 1 and the Cowboys were a colossal failure...the door was wide open for anyone to take the ball and run with it. Credit Arizona for answering the bell when the opportunity was there for a team to come out of nowhere and find themselves in the Super Bowl. It just goes to show how unpredictable the NFL is from year-to-year. There are no sure things anymore.

Early pick:
Pittsburgh 24
Arizona 21

It depends on what Boldin's status is as we get closer to gameday.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Ive got the German Shepherd in the Puppy Bowl. That is about as close to the Superbowl as my eyes will get.

I can understand his bitterness as a Pats fan with them finishing 11-5 and not getting into the playoffs while the Cardinals go 9-7 and get in. All I can say to that is win your division and you've got nothing to bitch about. The Pats probably were the best team in the division this year but they weren't the best in the standings. They could've done some damage in the playoffs if they got in over Miami.

I think from the Patriots' perspective...you're worried about Brady's status going into next year but I'd feel good about having Cassel in the fold for at least another year if he's got to be the man again. They were hit with bad luck with losing Brady in Week 1 and missing the playoffs with an 11-5 record but they'll go into next season as one of the favorites for Super Bowl XLIV.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Shoalzie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

I can understand his bitterness as a Pats fan with them finishing 11-5 and not getting into the playoffs while the Cardinals go 9-7 and get in. All I can say to that is win your division and you've got nothing to bitch about. The Pats probably were the best team in the division this year but they weren't the best in the standings. They could've done some damage in the playoffs if they got in over Miami.

I think from the Patriots' perspective...you're worried about Brady's status going into next year but I'd feel good about having Cassel in the fold for at least another year if he's got to be the man again. They were hit with bad luck with losing Brady in Week 1 and missing the playoffs with an 11-5 record but they'll go into next season as one of the favorites for Super Bowl XLIV.

I guess it would feel good if the Cards won. I mean then New England can say "Hey we beat the champs 47-7 in week 16".

Brady will be fine, and Cassel will be traded by the draft. Any interest for that #1 pick Detroit Fan? A proven Cassel or an unknown draft pick?
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Neely8 wrote:Brady will be fine, and Cassel will be traded by the draft. Any interest for that #1 pick Detroit Fan? A proven Cassel or an unknown draft pick?

I'd definitely rather have Cassel than Stafford or Sanchez going into next year. I have a bad feeling that the Lions will have the latter unless they come to their senses and take Andre Smith or Aaron Curry. The Lions are much further away from winning than just adding a QB. I like that idea better than going through the draft. Next year will be the time to go over a QB in the draft with McCoy, a more seasoned Bradford or maybe Snead from Ole Miss.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Neely8 wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: What a bitter little bitch.

I guess it would feel good if the Cards won. I mean then New England can say "Hey we beat the champs 47-7 in week 16".

Brady will be fine, and Cassel will be traded by the draft. Any interest for that #1 pick Detroit Fan? A proven Cassel or an unknown draft pick?
I thought that due to the infection he had in his knee that he wouldn’t necessarily be ready by training camp so NE has to keep Cassel just in case?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

I thought that due to the infection he had in his knee that he wouldn’t necessarily be ready by training camp so NE has to keep Cassel just in case?
They franchised Cassel in case Brady is not ready to go. I have heard reports that Brady is fine and rehabbing as we speak. Then again I have heard the negative reports too. That is the problem with the Pats. Getting reliable info from them is near impossible. Having a full year to recover and rehab though I am going to bet that he will be in there on opening day......
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Cardinals will take this in a close one!
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:
Neely8 wrote:They franchised Cassel in case Brady is not ready to go.
They didn't franchise Cassel in case Brady is not ready to go. They franchised Cassel because they already know Brady is not going to be ready to go.

Interesting!! I never knew you had moles inside the Patriot's organiztion. I guess I should come to you for all of my Pat's news then from now on.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:All that is needed is a small degree of common sense and intelligence. You don't tie up 30 million in cap space in two players "just in case" nor do you shroud good news regarding injuries in secrecy.

Look no further than Peyton Manning's knee injury which was far worse than was told to the media and Complanian Tomlinson's "strained" groin which was in fact a tendon torn off the bone which might require surgery to repair.

Brady is not "just fine." I'd say he's pretty fucking far from it.

The Pat's don't give news about injuries. Good or bad. They just don't. Hack reporters can speculate all they want. Nobody except Brady and Pat's Brass know the exact extent of Brady's injury. Cassel is an insurance policy incase Brady is not ready. They also don't want him to get away for nothing. They franchise him and trade him if possible. Its a big question mark right now that nobody outside of Foxboro knows the answer to......
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:All that is needed is a small degree of common sense and intelligence. You don't tie up 30 million in cap space in two players "just in case" nor do you shroud good news regarding injuries in secrecy.

Look no further than Peyton Manning's knee injury which was far worse than was told to the media and Complanian Tomlinson's "strained" groin which was in fact a tendon torn off the bone which might require surgery to repair.

Does this mean Belichick has lost his LA privileges? Is Zed dead? Is Romeo Crennel going to wander the earth like Cain in Kung Fu?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Back on topic, I’ve got to pull for the Cards just because Diaphanous won’t be here to enjoy it.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

mvscal wrote:They didn't franchise Cassel in case Brady is not ready to go. They franchised Cassel because they already know Brady is not going to be ready to go.

Why are you posting about the franchise tag in the past tense, dumbfuck? You do realize the timeframe for officially designating a franchise tag occurs over a two week stretch... next month, right?

If you don't even know the rule, you're probably not too qualified to speak as to why NE would do such a thing, are ya?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:

Does this mean Belichick has lost his LA privileges? Is Zed dead? Is Romeo Crennel going to wander the earth like Cain in Kung Fu?
OK, that's worth a rack

Don't get used to it
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Because it has been widely reported...
Matt Walsh having tape of the Rams walk-through much?

Face it, douche... you had no idea this wasn't official or else you would have worded your shit post appropriately. You're a headline reader with no real knowledge of the NFL or its rules. Furthermore, you have no clue as to the strategy behind this decision... if and when it actually happens. I hereby nominate you to become a Moderator of this forum. You've demonstrated the soccer-mom like intelligence that comes with the position.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:I have no idea.
You said it, bitch.

It has nothing to do with the season being over and everything to do with Free Agency. Subtle difference, I know... but still a difference to knowledgeable fans. I am quite sure your dumbfuckery led you to believe that seeing as how other "official" football moves were occurring, that the franchise tag season had begun. The ignorance of Chargertard never ceases to amaze me.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

The season ends on Feb 1st.

When the Patriots don't franchise Cassel on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th... feel free to go fuck yourself on each of those days. In fact, feel free to fuck yourself when NO PLAYER has the tagged slapped on him until at least the 5th.
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Steelers in a beatdown.

Fitz may get McGaheed. :shock:

Pressure will be there consistently. PIT controls the lines too much, too often for Ben to have plenty of time.
Warner wil not get that time and Fitz will take longer to get open. It's gonna be a long day.

Beating PHI and the two week hype will keep the spread down imo. Get it early.
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Goober McTuber wrote:

Exactly.

NAWT FAY-UH!!!!!
Indy wrote:I hope the Cards win just to see the Steelers lose.
Yep.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Neely8 wrote:
Amen. Everyone at the end of the year was anticipating Pittsburgh-Dallas especially after what looked like a Super Bowl preview game in December. That one in the cold in Pittsburgh where you had the two best defenses in the league going at it, TO catching that touchdown from Romo, the Cowboys defense high-stepping off the field after the goalline stand, and just a tough game all around. Too much bullshit happened after that game that ruined what should have been the Cowboys and Steelers squaring off for all the marbles in the Super Bowl. Due to bullshit tie rules and playoff alignment systems, we're going to be bored to death with this game (not saying the Steelers will win necessarily; I'll get my pick in next week).
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Neely8 wrote:The fact that the Cards made the playoffs is a joke. The fact that they made the Superbowl is a bigger joke.
If you say so. However...

...3 down...

Image Image Image

...1 more for the road. Image
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:That one in the cold in Pittsburgh where you had the two best defenses in the league going at it...
That was the week after against Baltimore. And they even did it again in January. The game against Dallas was more like #1 and whatever number after 2 Dallas wound up being. I think they were somewhere around 20th in scoring defense.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Everyone at the end of the year was anticipating Pittsburgh-Dallas
Link?

Myopia much, troll?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

At no point in the season did I expect Dallas to be in the Stupor Bowel.

I never expected Pittsburgh to be there, either...until they defeated Balmer for the second time.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:At no point in the season did I expect Dallas to be in the Stupor Bowel.

I never expected Pittsburgh to be there, either...until they defeated Balmer for the second time.
I didn't expect it until both the Titans and Colts were disposed of in the playoffs. Then it dawned on me that there was nobody left with a chance of beating the Steelers.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Nobody really took Dallas seriously as a SB caliber team once the games started playing out. They peaked during exhibition. During the season Dallas never had the feel of a SB team, and as it turned out, really wasn't all that good. I think that much was clear to any objective observer. When the pressure was on, when they HAD to win, with a healthy Romo -- they got colon stomped 44-6. That was a fitting end and put into perspective quite clearly what Dallas was really all about.

The ESPN hype machine has been all over Arizona. That's understandable, I guess, they gotta keep the casual fan interested in what appears to be one of the more uninteresting matchups in some time. I just love how during the season Kurt Warner is regarded as a "nice" little story, and Fitzgerald and Boldin are regarded as "good" players, but now that Arizona has shockingly stumbled into the Super Bowl this is suddenly the greatest passing team in the history of the game - Warner is the best qb in the league, and the once downplayed Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston trio are the greatest WRs in the game.

Pittsburgh 24
Arizona 20
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

To agree with my best bet picks (the Cardinals against the spread and under the total)...

Pittsburgh 24
Arizona 20

MVP: Willie Parker (2 TDs)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shoalzie wrote:Pittsburgh 24
Arizona 20
I like the way you think.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Questions about the health of Rothlisberger and Hines Ward.

Arizona 27
Pittsburgh 23

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

I believe the the guys on the sideline will play as big a role as the guys between the lines.
Whisenhunt and Grimm will know what LeBeau will want to do and when he'll want to do it. (See Chuckie verses dah Raduhs circa SB37.) I mean they practiced against that defense for years!
Whisenhunt had Rothlesburger his first 3 years in then league and knows him as well as anyone. Don't sleep on Arizona's defense. They can apply pressure and have excellent cover corners plus a bitch of a safety. I bet they're a little miffed with all the run Pitt's defense gets.The key here is can they get Rothlesburger on the ground when they get a chance at him? I've heard a lot of "prognosticators" have Pittsburgh in the 30s. I bet they don't get north of 24 even with a defense score.

Warner throws the ball "before" his recievers are open and does it as well as anyone and that is just what you need to do against Pittsburg. They did it against Philly pretty well. (Breaston will be huge here.) I like Fitzgerald and Boldin against the Steeler's corners. Especially on slant routes which I believe Pittsburgh will see plenty of.
Arizona has played very good special teams most of the year as well.

My beer money is on Arizona + the 7.

Oh yeah, I hate Hines Ward..looks like Tojo under his helmet with that pussy grin...lil' bitch!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cornhusker wrote:I believe the the guys on the sideline will play as big a role as the guys between the lines.
Whisenhunt and Grimm will know what LeBeau will want to do and when he'll want to do it. (See Chuckie verses dah Raduhs circa SB37.) I mean they practiced against that defense for years!
Pssst! LeBeau practiced against Wiz and Grimm all those years as well.

BTW: One of the first things Tomlin did when he took over was to have Bruce Arians write an entirely new offensive playbook from scratch with Ben. That's why you can get a Whisenhunt era Steelers playbook on eBay for 99 cents.
Whisenhunt had Rothlesburger his first 3 years in then league and knows him as well as anyone. Don't sleep on Arizona's defense. They can apply pressure and have excellent cover corners plus a bitch of a safety. I bet they're a little miffed with all the run Pitt's defense gets.The key here is can they get Rothlesburger on the ground when they get a chance at him? I've heard a lot of "prognosticators" have Pittsburgh in the 30s. I bet they don't get north of 24 even with a defense score.
AZ has the 19th ranked defense in the league. Wake me up when they get in the top 10.
Warner throws the ball "before" his recievers are open and does it as well as anyone and that is just what you need to do against Pittsburg. They did it against Philly pretty well. (Breaston will be huge here.) I like Fitzgerald and Boldin against the Steeler's corners. Especially on slant routes which I believe Pittsburgh will see plenty of. Arizona has played very good special teams most of the year as well.
The key to stopping the Cards is to make Warner have to move. Disrupt his timing and he's toast. See his performance with the Giants.
My beer money is on Arizona + the 7.

Oh yeah, I hate Hines Ward..looks like Tojo under his helmet with that pussy grin...lil' bitch!
He's half Korean you ignorant fuck.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

BSmack wrote:He's half Korean you ignorant fuck.
I stand corrected, he looks like Kim Jong...better..? either way, he's a slope and an annoying shit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cornhusker wrote:
I stand corrected, he looks like Kim Jong...better..? either way, he's a slope and an annoying shit.
And a future Hall of Famer.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:
And a future Hall of Famer.
Maybe, if he has a few more big years. Right now his numbers don’t necessarily add up to HOFer, particularly considering the era he’s played in. Of course, it’s not like there isn’t a precedent or two out there for Steelers wide receivers to make the Hall with marginal qualifications.

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Here's how the game will go...

Steelers win the flip, elect to receive, and go three and out. Tards get a big drive on the Steelers capped by a HUGE pass play to make it 7-0. All the women at the Super Bowl parties throughout America will be screaming and cheering and getting drunk because they like that cute little bird on the helmets. Pittsburgh responds with a field goal and then both teams get locked into playing some pretty good defense for the rest of the game. The Cardinals will try two Jap Plays and get fucked on both. One will be an end-around to Fitzgerald where he's about the throw it and then he gets jacked up. The other will be a flea-flicker which the Steelers will see coming 1,500 miles away. There will be some immense pressure up the middle on Warner into the second and third quarter which will frustrate him and he'll throw a costly pick in Steeler territory which turns the momentum around. Steelers up 23-13 into the fourth quarter...Arizona gets a cosmetic td and fucks up on the onsides kick.

Final score Pittsburgh 23, Arizona 20. It will look close as shit on paper but Pittsburgh will have controlled this throughout the second half. The Steelers arent that good on offense but after how well I saw them match up with the Cowboys in December it's clear they are the best AFC team. They are just lucky because the last two Super Bowls...they had to play Seattle :meds: and now the Tards :meds:
Pitt-Dal would have been a nice, tight, kick ass 17-16 type of game with sheer fuckyouintheass defense. But we'll be stuck with a shitty SB because of playoff alignment and bullshit tie rules.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:Maybe, if he has a few more big years. Right now his numbers don’t necessarily add up to HOFer, particularly considering the era he’s played in. Of course, it’s not like there isn’t a precedent or two out there for Steelers wide receivers to make the Hall with marginal qualifications.
He's 32 and he already has 800 catches. Baring injury, he'll finish with over 1000. Couple that with his Super Bowl MVP and the intangibles he brings to the field and you have a Hall of Famer. Not first ballot material mind you, but he'll get elected at some time during his eligibility.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown