McGuffie Saga

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

McGuffie Saga

Post by King Crimson »

the aTm boards seem to think he's going to Rice....he did visit.

lotta hype with this kid.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: McGuffie Saga

Post by Shoalzie »

The safe bet is that he ends up at a school in Texas. The reports from up here mentioned he was looking at a Big XII school. Rice would make sense being that he's from the Houston area.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

How many concussions did he suffer?

I'm thinking it's got nothing to do with his family and health. he just hates playing for DickRod.

I'd love it if the kid suited up for the Coogs in '10. Keenum will be a senior along with Bryce Beall.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

UH can have him. If he comes to RICE I hope he does well, but I don't care for the kid, plus his injuries scare me some.

He was at the 5A state title games on Sat and one of his handlers kept trying to offer the kid up for an interview. I asked if he would announce where he was going to sign if we did interview him. I was told no, and so I told his people no. They came by 3 other times and said things like he is leaving soon, you can still have him, etc. Freakin' tool! We don't want to interview him period. The only way we would do it is to break some huge news. Otherwise get lost.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

RumpleForeskin wrote:How many concussions did he suffer?

I'm thinking it's got nothing to do with his family and health. he just hates playing for DickRod.

I'd love it if the kid suited up for the Coogs in '10. Keenum will be a senior along with Bryce Beall.
He had at least 2 concussions. He runs high and is too easy a target for the Bigger conferences, too many cuts and direction changes. He had trouble adjusting to the speed at the B10 level. His problems were well documented, he had nothing against coach Rodriquez. Hell up until his first concussion he was the leader in rushing and receiving, got plenty of action as a frosh. His loose marbles ought to cause some concern for the next school, dude got creamed several times.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

If the kid can't handle the speed of the Big 10 how the hell is he supposed to handle the speed of the Big 12?

Big 10 is to speed as mtool is to solid poster.

He needs to transfer to conf USA or MWC or even WAC, he is not ever going to play at any Big 12 south school.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Vito Corleone wrote: Big 10 is to speed as mtool is to solid poster.
That's almost sig worthy... almost.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Rack Fu wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote: Big 10 is to speed as mtool is to solid poster.
That's almost sig worthy... almost.
What are you doing in the CFB forum ?

Is "Roller Derby" taking a night off ?

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Mace wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:If the kid can't handle the speed of the Big 10 how the hell is he supposed to handle the speed of the Big 12?

Big 10 is to speed as mtool is to solid poster.

He needs to transfer to conf USA or MWC or even WAC, he is not ever going to play at any Big 12 south school.
Defenses in the Big 12 may be "faster" but they just never seem to do much tackling. I'm thinking that a kid with a concussion problem could play several years in the Big 12 and be just fine.
I can't speak for all the defenses in the Big 12 because frankly they have sucked this year, but Texas has done pretty well on defense they are top 20 in scoring defense and isn't that the key to a good defense? And that ranking comes after facing the #1, 4, 6, 8, and 9 scoring offenses in the country this year. That is 5 out of 12 opponents who are in the top 10 offenses in the country.

Now I know what you are going to come back with, and that is that those offensive rankings are skewed by the fact that the defenses in the Big 12 suck so bad. There is probably some merit to this, but I have yet to find a better set of QBs in all the nation than those of the Big 12 or a finer set of receivers as well. This is the deepest I have ever seen at those two positions in a single conference. Hell with all the great QBs in the Big 12 the one I like to watch the most is the kid from Baylor who is never mentioned as one of the top guys.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Robert Griffin is very good. All conference type of guy as a Jr.

.m2 will enjoy this little fact though. As good as Robert Griffin is, he couldn't lead his team to a win over Quizz for a state title. Just like Best couldn't lead his Cal team past Quizz.

Griffin is also the two time Texas 110 meter high hurdles champion.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.