The Bruins are a shoo in to drink from Lord Stanley's Cup...

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

The Bruins are a shoo in to drink from Lord Stanley's Cup...

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I know some of you don't want to hear this, but I'm inclined to say they will go undefeated too. You can't possibly tell me that there's another team out there, even in the Western Conf, who can logically compete on the same rink. Montreal is done, NYR are not as good as advertised, and MAYBE the Penguins but even they don't scare anyone. The have all sorts of issues. In the WC, there are a bunch of pretenders like the Wings and Sharks and that's it.

Why even play the games this year? We all know that Boston is going all the way and it won't even be interesting. Cload Julien will prove that he is a clutch coach.

Lucic is Neely reincarnated and with Bergeron healthy, the Cup is theirs. Not to mention, their back up goalie is better than anyone else's starting goalie. They could play 4 on 5 all year and still win this thing.

React.
Screw_Michigan

Re: The Bruins are a shoo in to drink from Lord Stanley's Cup...

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Good call, Jerkoff. Nice trolling.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: The Bruins are a shoo in to drink from Lord Stanley's Cu

Last edited by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

As good as Lucic is.....there will never be another Cam Neely. EVER........

They are a fun young team to watch. I am not going to go overboard yet, but they certainly are red hot right now!!
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think it's great to see Boston, Detroit, New York, Chicago and Montreal all in playoff contention and Toronto is a few points out right now. Seeing the hockey renaissances in the Boston and Chicago has been fun to watch...both cities were dying hockey markets just a couple years ago but now they are embracing their young, exciting teams. The Bruins are emerging as the top team in the East but no one is better than the Sharks right now.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:There's more "woo-ing" by the public address announcer than you'd hear at your average Ric Flair convention.
:lol: RACK.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The B's just got buttfucked in the mouth by the Caps tonight. You're gonna have to play harder than that if you want to win in DC, motherfuckers.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Montreal is done...React.
2002, 2004.

Relax, it's December. But I will admit coach Julien has made a remarkable job with this team. Playing against Boston has become exciting again.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:The Bruins are emerging as the top team in the East but no one is better than the Sharks right now.
The Bruins allowed the most goals they have all season last night and still won handily. Sharks are coming back to earth… Bruins young talent continues to improve. Kessell scores 60+ goals this year. Tim Thomas slumping? Who gives a fuck… the best back-up in the game plays for the Bruins. Stanley Cup, bitches. Bow down.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:The Bruins are emerging as the top team in the East but no one is better than the Sharks right now.
The Bruins allowed the most goals they have all season last night and still won handily. Sharks are coming back to earth… Bruins young talent continues to improve. Kessell scores 60+ goals this year. Tim Thomas slumping? Who gives a fuck… the best back-up in the game plays for the Bruins. Stanley Cup, bitches. Bow down.
Eat a dick. Have you guys beat the Capitals yet this year? Of course not. They're a fucking steamroller.

I couldn't care less if the Sharks went 82-0, unless they make it to the finals this year, it all means nothing. They are your prototypical regular season team. And they need to get rid of those stupid fucking new jerseys. What the hell was wrong with the old ones? Oh yeah, they were "old."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:the Capitals?
Who? The "top dawg" of the worst division in the league? Bawahahaha… Here's how it will play out for the Craps; they will get the 3rd seed by default and a 1st round dismissal from the playoffs by Pittsburgh. SEASON OVER. Btw -- the Craps remaining games against the B's are all in Boston. Talk to me next year.....
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I like how the Flyers are playing right now- tough loss in Montreal but they've still won 5 out of their last 6. Sundin going to Vancouver instead of the Rangers is huge for the conference as well.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You mean the top dawg that has been kicking the shit out of the league's best teams, including your minor league club? Of course, being a Bruins fan, you haven't experienced the postseason in a long time, nevertheless postseason success, so I'll forgive you when I remind you that seedings really don't mean shit in the playoffs, and nobody, especially the Caps, is afraid of Pittsburgh.

Your team is full of nothing but fags and pussies. See you in the playoffs, tard.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Of course, being a Bruins fan, you haven't experienced the postseason in a long time, nevertheless postseason success.
You mean like last year, right? Long time.

Look, douche… the Bruins hold the record for most consecutive season making the playoffs and only missed them 3 or 4 times since that streak ended in the mid 90s. I'd say, the Bruins usually make the playoffs. Furthermore, they actually have Championship Banners and stuff. What the heck have the Craps done... ever?
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

I love it. The Bruins get good and this board comes back to life. I also love Craps fan talking about the playoffs---the last time the Craps got anywhere in the playoffs was 10 years ago---and their playoff history in general is mediocre at best. Where's Rat Pack and his Dale Hunter Man-crush when we need him?

The B's are good, very good. They are the best Bruins team I've watched since about 1991. Will they win the Cup? Maybe, they'll definitely be in the hunt. But it's only December and I've watched plenty of teams that were hot in November and December crumble in March and April. Time will tell.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Past playoff performance is not indicative of future results, fucktards.

Sin,
04 Lightning
06 Hurricanes

I love it. Jeremy Jacobs is a shit-eating retard and accidentally has a couple B's teams that aren't more pathetic than a CHL team and B's fans are running their mouths like they just won four straight Cups.

Go fuck yourselves, tards.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

What's wrong? A little bent about the Craps being the Flyers' little bitches today? Get used to it. If there's ever been one constant in the NHL is that the Craps will end up being someone's little bitch.

You need to pick better examples you fucking idiot, the Lightning and 'Canes won the Cup those years! That's a hell of a lot more than the Craps can say. They have never won the Cup and they will never win the Cup.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mainiac wrote:You need to pick better examples you fucking idiot, the Lightning and 'Canes won the Cup those years!
Boy, you're sure fucking quick! Do you and Squeely have weekly mensa meetings? Holy fucking christ. I know you're a typical Masshole who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, so I'll explain it to you: Neither the 'Ning nor the Canes had any sort of playoff success in their history (save the Canes' 02 run), and both won Cups. Meanwhile, the B's are one of the league's most storied teams, and they've pretty much sucked dick and have been irrelevant in the last decade. I know that's hard for you to wrap your feeble little brain around, but actually try connecting a few synapses once in a while. Then jump in front of an Acela train, fuckwad.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Meanwhile, the B's are one of the league's most storied teams, and they've pretty much sucked dick and have been irrelevant in the last decade.

You can pretty much say the same thing for the Blackhawks...I think they're emerging as one of the better teams in the league after nearly a decade of ineptitude and then finally showed some life last year. Although Thomas and Fernandez aren't exactly a pair of future Hall of Famers, they are playing well this year. They're #1 in both goals for and against per game...that's a winning formula in my book. Look at the Wings last year...winner of the Jennings Trophy and were 3rd in goals for. I wouldn't discount a team like the Bruins just because they haven't been relevant in recent years. Of the top teams in the league right now, the B's have the most stable situation in goal.

As for the Capitals...what will ultimately do them in is their goaltending. They shouldn't have let Huet go...I'd have more confidence with him going into a playoff run than I would with Theodore. They're going to score goals with Ovechkin starting to catch fire to go with the strong years that Semin and Backstrom are having. The Caps should win that bad Southeast Division and get the 3rd seed but they're going to have a tough time beating one of those teams out of the Atlantic with superior goaltending like the Rangers or the Devils, who will have Brodeur back for the playoffs. The Caps can beat another run and gun team like the Flyers or Sabres but once they run into a team that has strong goaltending, they'll get knocked out.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

Screw_Michigan wrote:......and they've pretty much sucked dick and have been irrelevant in the last decade.

Oh I get it. Because the 'Canes and Lightning pulled Cup winning runs out of their asses, the Craps will too. Nice logic there. If that's not your point then what exactly is your point?

I'll agree that the B's have "sucked dick and been irrelevant for the last decade" but the same is true for the Craps for their entire fucking existence. And that won't change any time soon.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:...what will ultimately do them in is their goaltending.
Maybe. This much I know... Johnson (not the starter, I know) won the game for them against Boston. Made two of the best saves you'll ever see, one on a breakaway and the other on a cross ice pass that gave Lucic an empty net to shoot at and dude somehow stoned him. Best save I've seen in years.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Caps let Huet go because 1) The Hawks were willing to overpay for him and 2) they have a 20-year old Russian named Simeon Varlamov who is pretty damn good and expected to take over the #1 role in a few years. He had a couple wins within the past few weeks before being sent down to Hershey. He was up while Theodore was hurt. Theodore got a 2-yr deal as a short-term fix.

I think their goaltending is not as much of a problem as how the team coasts at times. They basically coasted the entire 20 minutes against the Isles last week and allowed them to tie the game before OV had to bail them out in OT. They pulled the same shit against STL when they could have blown them out. And the Flyers obviously kicked their asses last week. Gotta play all 60 against teams like Philly.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I am beginning to wonder if the Bruins will actually lose a game the rest of the season. It's over, bitches.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You got the Caps again in three weeks, dumbfuck.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

If you can blow enough truckers to hitch a ride up here, I will buy you a ticket to that beatdown… perhaps Beantown will appeal to your transient-like existence and you can find a cardboard box on streets of Dorchester to call home. You could then call greater Boston your new place of residence and bandwagon numerous successful sports franchises, unlike the pathetic lot of losers you're currently pimping.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The game's in DC, you fucking cock gobbler. Mix in a schedule along with an intelligent take once in while, idiot.

And I will never reside anywhere near that shit "town" you call home. I live here for a reason, because I WANT to live here. Your weather blows nuts, anyway.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

The 17th... the 27th… whatever. Your shit team will get trounced in DC and in Boston.

You chose to move to DC?? Bawahahahahaha….

What drew you there... the homeless rate? Murder rate? Violent crime?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:What drew you there...
Better job market than Beantown, better weather than Beantown, hotter chicks than Beantown. Simple as that.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:What drew you there...
Better job market than Beantown, better weather than Beantown, hotter chicks than Beantown. Simple as that.

What is it 30 degress there today instead of 25? Better weather.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

We haven't had a single snowflake in DC yet, dumbfuck, and it was 65 degrees at one point last week. Better weather, infuckingdeed.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:We haven't had a single snowflake in DC yet, dumbfuck, and it was 65 degrees at one point last week. Better weather, infuckingdeed.
Yeah and it was 60 here last week too. You guys are not that much better off then we are. Now if you were in Phoenix that is a whole other story.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Neely8 wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:We haven't had a single snowflake in DC yet, dumbfuck, and it was 65 degrees at one point last week. Better weather, infuckingdeed.
Yeah and it was 60 here last week too. You guys are not that much better off then we are. Now if you were in Phoenix that is a whole other story.....
Squeely, do you enjoy shoveling your driveway?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Neely8 wrote:
Squeely, do you enjoy shoveling your driveway?
Hell no I don't. That is why I hire someone to plow it.....

Does it never snow in DC?
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

This is my first winter here, so I wouldn't say never. But, it has not snowed once so far. I guess DC's good for about one "real" snowstorm a season. I bet by late January we'll get one, but so far, nothing, and that's a big plus.

And there's little to no Massholes here, so that's even better.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

You guys can argue about the weather all you want but just what the fuck was this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJffY2lOFME

That little bitch should be skating in a woman's league not the NHL. The Craps can have him.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Mainiac wrote:You guys can argue about the weather all you want but just what the fuck was this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJffY2lOFME

That little bitch should be skating in a woman's league not the NHL. The Craps can have him.
Hahahaa... holy crap, thanks for sharing that one!

Even funnier than the barrage of slaps he unleashed was the look of horrah from his Caps teammates as they panned the bench... like, "do we really have to go shower with that guy now?"

Awesome stuff, Semin.
Still a FlameFan
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Should be interesting to see how the Bruins respond against the Craps tomorrow. I read Lucic might play, but I just don't see it happening. Ward is out too, which means their two most physical presences won't play. Their offense has been inconsistent since losing Kessell. Even though they have 4 wins in a row and Ryder is really coming around, I am not really happy with their play of late. Krejci and Wheeler need to step up in order to win tomorrow.

A pre-emptive "fuck off" to Screw... layte.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Gonna go stock up on Canadian for the epic showdown tonight, well, epic until the Caps build a 4-0 lead late in the first period.

Eat shit, Ucunt.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice effort by you shit-eating dumbfucks. You guys probably would have came away with a point if you'd start a goaltender who was taller than the crossbar.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Props on the win. You could just tell in the 3rd that Washington was going to score. Bruins spent very little time in the Craps zone that period. Amazing effort by Semen on the game winning goal.

Offense continues to struggle... Lucic and Bergeron should return soon. Let's see how you cunts fare in Boston.