The Bruins are a shoo in to drink from Lord Stanley's Cup...

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: The Bruins are a shoo in to drink from Lord Stanley's Cup...

Post by Shoalzie »

That was pretty cool yesterday with the top two teams in each conference squaring off last night...didn't catch much of the Caps-B's game. I bag on the Caps goaltending but they got a strong game out of Theodore and he out-duels Thomas in Beantown. The Bruins still have a 9 point lead over Washington in the East but I saw a stat the other day...they are right around .500 against other playoff teams.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I have to give Theodore his props, he's played great during the team's hot stretch and has outplayed Johnson. Like Boston, the Caps have arguably the best 1-2 goaltending combo in the league. That said, I'm still not sold on Theodore as a netminder solid enough to get them through multiple rounds in the playoffs. I guess I'm looking forward to him proving me wrong.

I really like how the Caps have proven themselves in low scoring games. Both games against Boston were low-scoring affairs, and contrary to what Ucunt said, I actually though it was going to be the B's scoring the game winner because until Semin put the puck in the net, the B's had all the momentum at that point.

Shoalz, Wings-Caps in DC in two weeks. Hardest ticket in town. I'll ask work if I can get in on the tickets for that game, but I bet they'll laugh at me, being new and all.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

One of the cool things about being in a Comcast SportsNet market is we often get to watch games in other CSN markets when the Caps aren't on. We usually get the Philly games but sometimes we'll get the Hawks (on tape delay). I really wish they'd pick up a Sharks or Kings game. Here I am getting all demanding, even with the NHL Network and HNIC: hands down the best sports programming in the country. When will Comcast buckle down and get CBC broadcasts on the west side of Michigan?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Shoalz, Wings-Caps in DC in two weeks. Hardest ticket in town. I'll ask work if I can get in on the tickets for that game, but I bet they'll laugh at me, being new and all.

Good luck with that...it'll be quite the matinee showdown.

Screw_Michigan wrote:Here I am getting all demanding, even with the NHL Network and HNIC: hands down the best sports programming in the country. When will Comcast buckle down and get CBC broadcasts on the west side of Michigan?

We've got them now with the NHL Network. I was pissed that they ripped them off Center Ice and put them exclusively on NHLN. HNIC is always must see TV on Saturdays. Bob Cole, Ron MacLean, Coach's Corner, The Hotstove, Jim Hughson, After Hours...all good stuff.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:and contrary to what Ucunt said, I actually though it was going to be the B's scoring the game winner because until Semin put the puck in the net, the B's had all the momentum at that point.
Dude. Don't know what game you were watching.

From the AP (no, not the panties guy):

"The Capitals, who had lost their previous two home games after going 18-1-1 in their first 20, dominated play in the third period before Semin broke through."

And. The Craps outshot Boston 13-10 in the 3rd.

Sure, the goal came on the heels of a brief Bruins flurry and a huge missed opportunity... but other than that two minute stretch and the last 1:41 of the game, Boston looked slow the other 16 or so minutes.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Thank God Habs-Fan stuffed the ballot box and a shitload of their average players will be attending the All Star festivites. Meanwhile, some of the league's best players (sup Kessell, Lucic, etc, etc, et fucking cetera) will be resting up... gearing for the stretch run.

Way to kick your own asses. Dumb fuckin' Canadians. Did I ever tell you cunts about the time I shit on the altar of Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal and made some boy-diddling priest eat it during intermission of Handel's Messiah? "Merry fucking Christmas, now eat my turd, Frenchie"... I think I said. Rack me I am out.

Fuck the French.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Thank God Habs-Fan stuffed the ballot box and a shitload of their average players will be attending the All Star festivites. Meanwhile, some of the league's best players (sup Kessell, Lucic, etc, etc, et fucking cetera) will be resting up... gearing for the stretch run.

Way to kick your own asses. Dumb fuckin' Canadians. Did I ever tell you cunts about the time I shit on the altar of Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal and made some boy-diddling priest eat it during intermission of Handel's Messiah? "Merry fucking Christmas, now eat my turd, Frenchie"... I think I said. Rack me I am out.

Fuck the French.

St. Catherine's street is fun though. Oh and who doesn't like french fries with cheese and gravy on them? Otherwise I can do without.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Neely8 wrote:Oh and who doesn't like french fries with cheese and gravy on them?
All of us who height and weight proportionate, lardass.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Pre-emptive eat shit to Ucunt and Squeely.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I'll take it. However...

If we need Thomas to make 30+ saves and a fluke goal to win... this may not work out so great come playoff time.

Ovechkin is a man amongst boys (<--sup Diego in Seattle?)
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Boston's success and execution on the power play helps mask that defensive liability, Ucunt, but that's the whole point of having a Vezina caliber goaltender in Thomas, even if he's barely taller than the crossbar. His ability to quickly take away the low corners is unreal and catapulted the B's in OT. You can't keep teams under the low 20s in shots every night. Gotta have a goaltender steal ones for you. A+ power play and A+ goaltending will take you far.

Yeah, even your 6-10 golgatron for a defenseman takes down OV and he crashes into the boards awkwardly, but that didn't slow him down a bit.

One of the best games I've seen recently. Props to your shit club. Good call on the fluky goal, but that fucking happens.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

Shots on goal is a deceptive stat. I heard a good stat last night though: including last night's game the B's have been outshot at home in 11 games. Their record in those games? 10-0-1.

I have to admit that the Craps are a good team, very skilled down low at moving the puck around. Also very good at pinching in at the blue line. I was getting fucking pissed at the Bruins...it seemed like every time they broke up a play in their d-zone, they'd immediately cough the puck back up to the Craps D-man at the blue line. I'm used to them quickly transitioning the puck up the ice---something they've been amazingly good at all year. The Craps really threw a monkey wrench into that routine last night.

And what "defensive liability" are you talking about? The B's have given up the fewest goals in the league (tied with SJ and Minnesota)---that doesn't happen by accident. They are very good defensively. They may give up a lot of shots on occasion but mostly they are low-angle, low-percentage shots. Last night was an exception--the Craps had quite a few good chances but Timmy was there to stonewall them. That's what excites me most about this Bruins team, they have arguably the best goalie in the league right now.

And finally, Ovechkin is easily the best player in the league--what a fucking wrecking machine he is. I just wonder how long it will be before he starts hurting himself. He's been incredibly resilient so far but his style of play invites injury.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

And what "defensive liability" are you talking about?
Mainiac wrote:including last night's game the B's have been outshot at home in 11 games.
it seemed like every time they broke up a play in their d-zone, they'd immediately cough the puck back up to the Craps D-man at the blue line.
They may give up a lot of shots on occasion but mostly they are low-angle, low-percentage shots. Last night was an exception
Thanks for playing, dumbfuck.
Mainiac
Born Again Liberal

Post by Mainiac »

Go fuck yourself you little bitch.

I was responding to this general statement you made above:
Boston's success and execution on the power play helps mask that defensive liability
...which I took to mean you thought the B's in general had defensive liabilities. If that statement pertains to just last night's game then I stand corrected.

I should have known better than to try and have an actual discussion about hockey.
Tiger Williams wrote:"... some snot-nosed little fuck that isn't going to break a nail is going to score 50 goals and he's never driven to the net in his life. He's never stood in front with Moose Dupont giving him 89 cross checks in the back of the head."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I think this 'defensive liability' will diminish once Boston gets Kessel back... they've slowly but surely been getting most of their forwards back. I think they were were missing 6 of them at once earlier this month.

Their inability (over the last month... specifically) to generate consistent pressure on offense has led to too much in their own zone. That will change. Although, I think getting another D who is skilled with the puck (they have enough bangers) would be nice too.

What the fuck is a golgatron, btw? :lol:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:now eat my turd, Frenchie"... I think I said. Rack me I am out.

Fuck the French.
Word. Eat shit Le Habitants.

Btw -- what the fuck was with the uniforms worn by Montreal today? Nice Irie reset right in the middle of your prison garb, fags. Is CAC French for cock?

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BruinFan, thoughts about last night's loss to the Sharks?

I didn't watch much of it because Michigan-Michigan State and the Wings were on also. I saw the Sharks had a big third period...4 goals after trailing 2-1 after 2 periods.

The Wings have ripped off 5 straight wins and are breathing down the Sharks' necks for first place in the West but San Jose has three games in hand.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Boy, the B's are melting harder than the University of Michigan when they're getting their shit pushed in by UNO. Winless in four? Ucunt, cunt you hear me? Nice collection tards you got there, twerp.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Boy, the B's are melting harder than the University of Michigan when they're getting their shit pushed in by UNO. Winless in four? Ucunt, cunt you hear me? Nice collection tards you got there, twerp.
They still have a decent lead... let's see what happens at the trading deadline.

Speaking of getting one's shit pushed in... remember this scene from Training Day?

Two pair!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Anyone catch the game the other night when the Carolford Hurrifailures retired Glen Wesley's number? :lol:

Why exactly did they select a game in which they're playing the Bruins to retire his shit fucking number? To show Boston that they didn't fuck themselves in the ass when they traded for him? Eat shit, Peter Karmanos, you fucking cunt. Nice Loss.

The dude played in exactly one fucking all star game (for the Bruins in 1989, btw) and was certainly not worth the 3 first round picks Carolford gave up in acquiring his services. He broke the 30 pt scoring mark once in his shit fucking Hurrifailure tenure. What a fucking joke that shit franchise is.

Fitting that fucker wore #2. He was shit personified.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It was weird to retire his number...he was okay at best. Ronny Franchise was a given to go up to the rafters and probably Rod the Bod will be the next one.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Never a big Wesley fan. I did love to see "The Turk" Derek Sanderson there on the ice to support him though. Judging by what Wesley said I think he is a Pats Fan too apparently. Those were the two bright spots.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Anyone catch the game the other night when the Carolford Hurrifailures retired Glen Wesley's number? :lol:

Why exactly did they select a game in which they're playing the Bruins to retire his shit fucking number? To show Boston that they didn't fuck themselves in the ass when they traded for him? Eat shit, Peter Karmanos, you fucking cunt. Nice Loss.

The dude played in exactly one fucking all star game (for the Bruins in 1989, btw) and was certainly not worth the 3 first round picks Carolford gave up in acquiring his services. He broke the 30 pt scoring mark once in his shit fucking Hurrifailure tenure. What a fucking joke that shit franchise is.

Fitting that fucker wore #2. He was shit personified.
Remind me how many times the B's have played for a Cup since they "fleeced" the Canes in the Wesley deal, compared to the Canes? How many playoff series wins? Feel free to tak your time thinking this one over. For a fan of a shit team that hasn't done shit since the 60's and ran their franchise player out of town in the late 90's, B's fan is sure bumping his gums a lot.

Go fuck yourself, UCunt.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Remind me how many times the B's have played for a Cup since they "fleeced" the Canes in the Wesley deal, compared to the Canes? How many playoff series wins?
My post was about whether or not Glen Wesley should have his number retired. Period. End of sentence. I didn't state anything about anyone getting fleeced. Wesley's play declined substantially the minute he was traded and dude certainly didn't live up to his "let's give up 3 first round picks for this guy" expectations.
Screw_Michigan wrote:For a fan of a shit team that hasn't done shit since the 60's
Help me out here... just what decade do you think the years 1970 and 1972 belong to?
Screw_Michigan wrote:ran their franchise player out of town in the late 90's
Whom are you referring to here? Joe Thornton? Just what decade and/or millenium do you think the year 2005 belongs to?

If you're referring to Ray Bourque, then you still don't know what the fuck you're talking about. First of all, he requested to be traded. Second of all, he wanted to go to the Flyers. Lastly, Sinden told him he had a better chance to win a Cup in Colorado... and that's where he went in 2000. From here, I think even your dumb ass knows the rest.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I hated the Recchi trade at the time. I mean, how good can a 41 year old has been be? Dude has performed admirably since coming to Boston. Eat shit, losers. The Cup is ours.

BUMP!
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What? I wasn't aware you guys got a goaltender who can see above the crossbar. Keep those cup dreams on hold, fucko.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't care how short he is, Thomas is my pick for the Vezina this year. (Steve) Mason and Backstrom would be my other finalists. Plus, Thomas just signed a new deal...the Bruins situation in goal looks solid for the next few years.

Last 4 days of the regular season...the good stuff starts in less than a week! :mrgreen:
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Mason should win the Vezina and he should be in the final 3 for the Hart trophy. Dude is the biggest reason Columbus made the playoffs.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ON DEC 19, ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Bawahahaha… Here's how it will play out for the Craps; they will get the 3rd seed by default and a 1st round dismissal from the playoffs by Pittsburgh. SEASON OVER.

Or...EVEN WORSE = the 2nd seed and a 1st rd dismissal by the Rangers. :lol:

Down 2-0 headed to NYC = SEASON OVER FOR THE CRAPS.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I completely forgot that no team has come back from down 2-0 to win a series. Thanks for the reminder, semen-belcher.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Shove that gay fucking horn that plays endlessly at Craps games up your bitch ass. You won't hear it again until next season.

:BROOM:

"It's all over." Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap. "It's all over." Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.
"It's all over." Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap. "It's all over." Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:I completely forgot that no team has come back from down 2-0 to win a series.

The Caps never have. Furthermore, NY has never blown a 3-1 series lead. Good luck, douche....
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I completely forgot that no team has come back from down 2-0 to win a series.

The Caps never have. Furthermore, NY has never blown a 3-1 series lead. Good luck, douche....
Ahem, you fucking twat?

Nice showing by your 4' tall goaltender tonight. :lol: You honestly think you cunts will win a Cup behind that fuck? Bwahaahaah. Keep it up, fucktard.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:You honestly think you cunts will win a Cup behind that fuck?

Having this season's Vezina Trophy winner will not hurt Boston's chances. Good to see you finally show up after the Bruins lose their first playoff game. You've had little to talk about thus far.

:meds:
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You're right, I was busy watching the Caps reaffirm the fact you're a shit eating fucktard. Mouth-breathing crackheads across the river have better hockey takes than the shit you've been spewing on this board. And I've been busy watching Alex Ovechkin prove, every single night, he's the best player in the world.

Go ahead and pin your Cup hopes on your goaltender who makes TVO look 6-4. You're doomed to failure, you pinheaded, handwringing fuck.

Eat shit.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:handwringing.

Do you even know what this means? :lol:

Nice rant, otherwise... save for maybe the river reference as well. Not sure what you're babbling about there either.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Someone needs to dust off the Season Over troll for the Bruins soon. Fat Lady's pipes are warming up.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Nice of you to slink in here for you first post of the season, Fu. Well done.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

RACK Fu for coming in and kicking UCunt in the teeth while he's down. Good shit.

Just face it, you whiney pussy. Aside from Montreal blowing that big lead since the break, this is the biggest choke job of the season. It's going to be an all southeast division eastern conference final. How does that taste, dumbfuck?

Eat my ass.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Aside from Montreal blowing that big lead since the break, this is the biggest choke job of the season.
First of all...
You mean bigger than a 1 seed losing to an 8 in the Western Conference this fucking year? Flipping tard. :meds:
Secondly... Carolina is a tough out. They were the NHL's hottest team to end the season. After the Cole trade, they closed the season on a 12-3-2 run.

I see Fu is oddly silent since his initial foray into the forum. Good fucking riddance, cunt.