Presidential pardons.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Presidential pardons.

Post by smackaholic »

I've never been much of a fan of them. Why should a chief executive have the right to tell the court system, GFYJO. But even if you agree with the concept, wtf is with this tradition of waiting till the waning hours of an administration to hand them out like candy?

If a president feels that someone is worthy of a pardon, fukking give it to him already. It's not like they can't break one off whenever they feel like it. Bush couldn't pardon his boy scooter fast enough. I think for a president to sit on a pardon for someone he wants to pardon is cruel, morally reprehensible and just plain fukking stupid.

Ofcourse the media never raises this simple question. What else is new?

If it's a matter of presidents not wanting political flack, I can maybe see waiting till the day after he is elected to his second term, since he's a lame duck anyway and immune to the whole whoring for votes thing.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Presidential pardons.

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:Fuck off, you dripping, braindead tard. You aren't even worth the shoe leather it would take to crush your empty skull.
Thanks for the well thought out insightful reply, douchebag. Usually, you mix in some sort of take with the obligatory go fukk yourself, dumbfukk. But not today, I guess.

What's wrong, mrs vogel on the rag?

Back to the topic.

As I was saying, even if you do agree with pardons in general, wtf do they all have to happen in the last days of an administration?

Apparently it ain't got a fukkin' thing to do with whether or not they're warranted. It's all about the fukking tradition of doing it on the way out the door.

I'm sure you'll have another well thought out explanation for this Can't wait to here it.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Bush is a cunt for not pardoning those 2 border patrol officers for shooting the drug smuggler in the ass.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Jsc810 wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Why should a chief executive have the right to tell the court system, GFYJO.
It is part of the balance of power among the branches of government.
OK. I'll buy that. But why savethem all for the last minute? How'd you like to be the poor fukk wasting away in a cell for 6 or 7 extra years because first off, your not a golfing buddy of the shrub and second, he was waiting till the end because, well, that's just how presidents roll.

I'd be a little pissed.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There's lots of shit POTUS does that low priority. That doesn't mean they cram it all into the last days of their terms.

It's a stupid fukking precedent and I'd like to see somebody defend it.

Once again, I'm not talking about whether or not they should exist, so, sit the fukk back down, mvs. I am talking about the timing of them.

These pardons are about whther or not some fukk in the dungeon should get out. If presidents truely gave a fukk about such shitstains, they'd do the pardon on a schedule that had nothig to do with how much time they got left on the clock.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

This is the only guy that deserves a presidential pardon. Anyone else should roast.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

fukk him too. he's roasting tomorrow for sure.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Cornhusker wrote:This is the only guy that deserves a presidential pardon. Anyone else should roast.

All the better with a beer can shoved up their asses.

BOT
It's all part of being a lame duck & not having to worry about political consequences. Tell me you knew.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Bush is a cunt
We tried to tell you, ninny.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

smackaholic wrote: Bush couldn't pardon his boy scooter fast enough. .
"Scooter" wasn't pardoned you stupid fucking douche.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

pardoned, commuted. what ever the fukk you wanna call it. it's the same fukking thing.

the shrub gave him a get the fukk outta jail card because he's his buddy. and he sure the fukk didn't wait around till now to do it.

Wonder if he'll free those 2 border guards who are locked up for doing their fukking jobs?

I doubt it. He might loose a little cred with his wetback supporters.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

"Shit. I'm due."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Technical legal definition is different.

WGARA

The result is the same.

Scooter is walking around outside the bars because the shrub wanted it that way. I'd just like to ask W why he didn't wait till sometime in early january of 09 to make it so, seeing as that is the traditional way to spring cons.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

smackaholic wrote:Scooter is walking around outside the bars because the shrub wanted it that way. I'd just like to ask W why he didn't wait till sometime in early january of 09 to make it so, seeing as that is the traditional way to spring cons.
You really think he'd give an honest answer to that? :lol:
9/27/22
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Scooter is walking around outside the bars because the shrub wanted it that way. I'd just like to ask W why he didn't wait till sometime in early january of 09 to make it so, seeing as that is the traditional way to spring cons.

Actually, a main reason for Bush's fucked up legacy is that he felt above having the need to communicate to America. Not that he was required to explain his decisions, but a little PR, keeping the folks in the loop, could've gone a long way....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The Seer wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

Actually, a main reason for Bush's fucked up legacy is that he felt above having the need to communicate to America. Not that he was required to explain his decisions, but a little PR, keeping the folks in the loop, could've gone a long way....
His feeling that he didn't need to explain himself was a major problem, but definitely not the only one.
9/27/22
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

smackaholic wrote:Technical legal definition is different.

WGARA

The result is the same.
For someone without a professional license, perhaps.

But Scooter Libby is was an attorney. His felony conviction resulted in automatic disbarment notwithstanding the commutation of his sentence. The only way that (possibly) changes is if he receives a pardon.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

The Seer wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

Actually, a main reason for Bush's fucked up legacy is that he felt above having the need to communicate to America.
Oh, he tried, all right. The problem was his tendency for malaprops, not to mention the fact that Scotty McClellan didn't exactly sound convincing when he was reciting recycled talking points to the media while sweat was pouring down his face.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:
sucksawholedic wrote:Technical legal definition is different.

WGARA

The result is the same.
Uh...no. It isn't.

Since you are such a simple minded dumbfuck and it's Thanksgiving, I will take pity on you this once and help you out here.

Commutation of sentence only releases you from prison. It does not remove the conviction from your record. A pardon does both. They are not at all the same.
There. That wasn't so fukking hard now was it.

Pardon me for reading every fukking place that scooter was pardoned, when something else took place. I'll be sure to update my spreadsheet.

So, anyway, back to my original point in this thread. In my opinion, commutations paroles pardons doled out in the last week or two of an administration being SOP, is fukking bullshit. If someone warrants being pardoned, then fukking pardon them at the time you decide it needs doing. Letting some fukk linger in the hole for months or years because you're not quite done playing president yet, is fukked up.

Ofcourse, this might mean putting principle ahead of political expediency. And we all know that that's not gonna happen any time soon.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

R-Jack wrote:I think that now is the time we get the ball rolling on my presidential campaign, just in case I need to pardon mvscal after killing suckaholic and sodomizing Vogel's wife and bird.
You have to be at least 35 to be President. You still have a long way to go.
huh?
Elwood

Post by huh? »

mvscal wrote:Brainless, dripping tards don't understand the concept of checks and balances between the different branches of government, JSC. They only understand boots to the teeth.

I do question the necessity of pardons, in todays society. I can't think of a pardon in the last 20 years that made me say "oh yeah, that guy really deserves to be forgiven". It's more often than not, someone who had an "in" via association, campaign contribution, or other nefarious connection. Clinton's pardons were almost entirely unconscionable, and I expect w's to set a new low.

Then again, constitutional ammendments aren't something to be trifled with. I suppose the expansion of the unitary executive will continue unfettered for the foreseeable future.

After all, most people on here have been fine with that for the last eight years right?

Charmin > Constitiution
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The ban bet proposal sounds pretty manly, so RACK you for that.
I mean, none of us in here (except maybe Vogel) ever dare step to mvscal, so thanks for growing our dicks longer by the harsh verbiage you've lobbed his way.

Before this ban confrontational smackfest takes place, I have a question.

Question: Was your Gunslinger nic banned, retired, or laffed out of here?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Birdy wrote:
mvscal wrote:
sucksawholedic wrote:Technical legal definition is different.

WGARA

The result is the same.
Uh...no. It isn't.

Since you are such a simple minded dumbfuck and it's Thanksgiving, I will take pity on you this once and help you out here.

Commutation of sentence only releases you from prison. It does not remove the conviction from your record. A pardon does both. They are not at all the same.
Why is it that everytime you type I hear screaming from an astronaut's helmet as everyone runs out of oxygen?

Look, you fucking cum fuck, you can't compete in smack and if you have to stick to your "dumbfucks" and "simpletons" then bow the fuck out and retire.

You can't hang worth the cum icecicle off the front of your face, so clock out you fucking tooltime sucking bastard. You are done.

I'll give you this semen hammock from cuspid to cuspid, if you can beat me on a political discussion..... then I will take a lifetime banning from this place. You lose than you get banned for life. You won't, cuz in the sentence before this I just put out more creativity than the construction paper funnel of cum you thought of last week.

Did you save up your stores of Nogg Nog for you and your daughter? Got enough, cuz I hope so you librarian black cock suckign faggot. You lost as soon as I thought about this place.
I'll was almost ready to give you credit for getting through an mvscal response without going to the black cock chugger card, but ofcourse, you are incapable of it. You have got mvscal chugs black cock so fukking imbedded into your dome, it's hard to believe you could manage anything else that isn't an automatic involuntary thing.

Heartbeat, breathing, shiting, pissing, eatings, sleeping and mvscal chugs black cock. That pretty much covers the entire birdy skill set.

Actually the eating part is probably done by your mommy through a feeding tube.

You have got to be the worst 1 trick pony to ever inhabit this stable.

I look forward to mvscal beating you down. He's kind of a one trick pony himself, but, atleast he's good at it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Would someone translate whatever the fukk it is that bird brain is trying to say.

BTW, that wasn't mom smack. I was attempting to point out that all 4 of your braincells were tasked with mvscal's dietary habits. Therefore voluntary motor skills such as eating were likely handled by someone else. Most likely your mommy.