Barry Melrose.....Out!!!

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Barry Melrose.....Out!!!

Post by MuchoBulls »

Guess that he and Oren aren't so tight after all. Somewhere Torts is smiling.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Re: Barry Melrose.....Out!!!

Post by Adelpiero »

fuck the mullet

he was never a good coach, gretzky was the coach of the Kings, he told the mullet who to play and what to do. Kings wanted Melrose to coach and be a shill for gretzky, while looking good, snoozing with the hollyweird crowd and cater to Gretzkys needs. He was great on the job. His hire in Tampa was a clear desperation.

their first 2 games in europe showed they werea horrible team. even early in a season, a turd still smells like a turd.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Sounds like ownership wanted the kid to get more ice time than he was and Barry told them where they could stick it.

All in all it is bad for hockey. Not that Barry is, but firing a guy 16 games in regardless of who it is, fails the smell test.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ownership is embarrassed they centered their marketing package around an 18 year old who isn't cutting it on the ice...and they axed their coach for a stupid marketing decision.

Kid would probably be better off back in juniors, but, he's their fucking marketing centerpiece!!!! This problem goes WAY past Melrose, Stamkos, and even Tortella.

Does the absentee Chinese owner still run the Lightning? I swear this is the same ownership from 99.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Does the absentee Chinese owner still run the Lightning? I swear this is the same ownership from 99.

Are you confusing them with the Islanders?

Bill Davidson used to own the Lightning along with the Pistons but they were sold this summer to a 7-man ownership group lead by Oren Koules and former NHLer Len Barrie.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm aware of the Davidson ownership period, but before he bought the team, there was a group of Japanese (IIRC, not Chinese) investors who ran the team and they were basically absentee landlords, the owned the team and basically didn't get involved other than paying bills and having a team on the ice.

Unfortunately for Isles fan, Charles Wang hasn't been an absentee owner. If anything, that would be a step up for them.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Melrose speaks out about the Lightning...

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/h ... this_year/