No surprise here: 0-2 Wisconsin OVERRATED AS FUCK

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan

No surprise here: 0-2 Wisconsin OVERRATED AS FUCK

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Like their football equivalent, Wisconsin hockey is all hype and this season is no different as the Badgers start the season ranked and get their asses handed to them out east at BC and UNH. They'll beat Alaska-Anchorage, Mankato and Michigan Tech a few times in the MEATGRINDER wcha, build up a .500 record, bullshit their way into an undeserved NCAA tournament berth and properly get blitzed in the first round like the frauds they are. And Goober will scream to the high heavens how they deserved to make the tournament.

Fucking losers.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: No surprise here: 0-2 Wisconsin OVERRATED AS FUCK

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisconsin opened against the #1 and #7 teams in the country, and came close to beating BC. It’s a fairly young team that’s only going to get better. By next season they should have a decent shot at Wisconsin’s SEVENTH NCAA hockey title.

What third-tier team is it that you root for? Western Michigan? And you got beat by....RIT? Are they sponsored by the people that make that dye?

You were spot on about the WCHA MEATGRINDER, Screwball. Six teams in the Top 15.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm not about to get into the WCHA vs. CCHA battle when the defending champ comes from Hockey East...our two conferences are also-rans until either of them dethrone their conference of the title.

From my standpoint...two wins for the Wolverines over St. Lawrence, a solid start. Good to see guys like Palushaj, Hagelin and Langlais get off to nice starts as they begin to play a bigger role on the team considering they lost 3 of their top 4 scorers from last year. I don't see a guy on this team having huge years like Porter and Kolarik last year. This will probably be a more balanced attack but perhaps guys like Palushaj or Langlais or Rust or Caporusso can step up become the offensive leader of this team. They bring back pretty much the same blueline from last year and Sauer returns in net...they should be solid back there. It's not unreasonable to expect this team to compete again for the CCHA crown even after losing three key guys.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:and came close to beating BC.
:meds:
It’s a fairly young team that’s only going to get better.
:meds:
By next season
:meds: :meds: :meds:
they should have a decent shot at Wisconsin’s SEVENTH NCAA hockey title.
Come back when you get a clue, shit-stained dumbfuck. Enjoy your .500 season.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Come back when your team is relevant, you wet-brained fuckwit. We’re two games into a rebuilding season with a lot of young talent. We have great facilities, a tremendous fan base, excellent coaching, and a steady supply of players. Very few hockey programs out there as successful as Wisconsin’s. Jealous much, Screwball?

.500 will be acceptable for this season on the way back to the Frozen Four in 2010. See you there. Well, no, that’s not bloody likely. :lol:
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wisconsin: 0-4. Way to go, tards. And with Minnesota coming to Madison next week and a road trip to Grand Forks the weekend after, the Badgers are looking at 0-8.

At least WMU has won a game this season, asswipe. Wisconsin hockey: Most underachieving program in the nation.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh yeah, Screwball, Western Michigan has one win. Against Niagara. You must be so proud.

Playing Minnesota this week means that a young Wisconsin team will have played their first six games against teams ranked in the Top 5 nationally. 0-6 will not be a shock. Neither will next year’s run to the Frozen Four, you pathetic halfwit.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hey cunt-muffin: Nice to see Wisconsin hockey free-fall as fast out of the rankings as the Badger football program while being overtaken by such winless powerhouses like Princeton, Cornell, Harvard and .500 or worse schools like Northern Michigan, Clarkson and North Dakota.

Air Force and Lowell also received more votes in the poll than the Vermin. Go fuck yourself, pantload. Mike Eaves: No one does less with more.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey dickbreath,

Western Michigan has one win. Against Niagara. You must be so proud.

Playing Minnesota this week means that a young Wisconsin team will have played their first six games against teams ranked in the Top 5 nationally. 0-6 will not be a shock. Neither will next year’s run to the Frozen Four, you pathetic halfwit.

Yeah, Wisconsin should have hired Mark Johnson for the men's head coaching position. As it stands now, the Badgers women's hockey team could probably beat the Western Michigan men's program.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

no offense goobs, but Hockey rankings are a joke

u have .500 teams in the top10 at the end of the season. based on the program tradition. While others with better records who have beat said teams are outside the top15 or 15 in rankings.

i watch a ton of WCHA and CCHA hockey, and last season, WCHA was weak. ND wasn't as good as they were the past seasons, and they were the top team in the conference, Denver and Colorado U are always regular season dynamos, who spit the bit come playoffs.

I actually see the WCHA being better than last year, especially the middle of table teams. we'll see.

rack getting ATT uverse in 2 weeks, i will get Big10 network and all of the Fox sports channels, thus getting a ton of college hockey this winter!!!!!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Adelpiero wrote:no offense goobs, but Hockey rankings are a joke
No shit. So is Screwball. And he has conference-envy.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:no offense goobs, but Hockey rankings are a joke
No shit. So is Screwball. And he has conference-envy.
i think WCHA will be a better conference. North Dakota lost a ton in Oshie and Lamareaux, but the conference as a whole is better. Better in the middle of table.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Adelpiero wrote:Colorado U
You watch a lot of WCHA and you call them Colorado U? You are one shit-eating tard.

Goobs, I just like pointing out your conference myopia. Especially Wisconsin's equivilent of wiping their own asses with millions of dollars: it's all wasted with under performance on the ice.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Conference myopia? It's the greatest conference in the history of college hockey. The Badgers will be making a serious run at title #7 next year. And you'll still be whining.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

0-5-1. Keep up the good work, tards.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:0-5-1. Keep up the good work, tards.
They made progress this weekend. And they posted the same record playing against a top-5 team that Western Michigan did playing Fairies State, you cock-chugging fuckwit.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Interesting matchup coming up this weekend...Colorado College and Denver.

Boston U had a very impressive win over Michigan on Saturday...7-2. A so-so start to the season more the Wolverines with no real impressive wins maybe other than getting the split with Northern. They've been without Mitera since the opener and Kampfer got injured in a fight with a Wolverine football player. Palushaj is off to a nice start with 10 points in 6 games.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Amazing enough, the Mich-BU game was televised here in DC on CN8, which is most famous for showing Ivy League and I-AA football on Saturdays. I wonder if Hockey East or even college hockey will be shown regularly. I would love that. I'm also debating picking up the sports package so I can catch the CCHA, also known as the league that maximizes its assets, as much as possible.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm pretty excited with BTN on Comcast and we are now getting Comcast 900 over here as well. Between FSN Detroit and those other channels, I'll be able to see 16 Wolverines games this year. They have 3 games on CBS College Sports...that's on our sports tier. I might upgrade to that if they finally add the NHL Network.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Major props to Wisconsin! With their win over No Dak Saturday night, the NY Yankees of college hockey improved to 1-6-1 on the year. Major props to Wisconsin!

Let's see here:
Goober McTuber wrote:We have great facilities, a tremendous fan base, excellent coaching, and a steady supply of players. Very few hockey programs out there as successful as Wisconsin’s.
And it took them eight games to finally win! Time to break out that champagne! Obviously money can't buy wins, but it sure helps to have it, right Rodent fan? Fucking losers. Who's going to win more games this season is the big question: Wisconsin football or hockey? What a fucking disgrace Madison is: The refuge for those who can't cut it in real life, professionally or personally. It's so easy to settle.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Since I'm trying my best to make this a de facto college hockey talk thread instead of a mudslinging conference honk-off...here are some observations from this weekend:

No surprise that the big 3 in the CCHA...Miami, Michigan and Michigan State hold down the top 3 spots in the conference through this weekend. The Redhawks suffer their first loss of the conference season on Friday but get a split at home with the Nanooks. That's Michigan's opponent next weekend.

The Wolverines win a close one on Friday and I caught most of last night's 6-1 win as part of a weekend sweep against the Buckeyes. The Wolverines' star of the weekend had to be Louie Caporusso with a 3 goals and 3 assists. He moves up to 4th in the CCHA in scoring...Palushaj still holds the lead after another ho-hum pair of 1 goal/1 assist games.

Palushaj no longer holds the national lead in scoring...there are Air Force players holding 3 of the top 4 positions. I can't say I'm well versed in the Falcons hockey program but they're off to a nice 8-0 start and have a nice lead going in the Hockey Atlantic conference. I'd look at them as the Boise State or TCU or Tulsa of college hockey...a cute small conference team that can score but hasn't beaten anyone yet.

The Spartans pick up their second shootout win in conference play and swept the Broncos in a home and home. Can we call the Spartans "the Dallas Stars or Edmonton Oilers" of the CCHA with their shootout prowess? I say that with tongue planted firmly in cheek. I hate seeing college hockey have to go the route of the shootout but it does give you a winner in every game.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalz, while I'm not a shootout fan in the least, I'll give the league this: the shootout results are only used as a tiebreaker in standings for post-season seedings. You can't jump someone in the standings because you won a shootout.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Major props to Wisconsin! With their win over No Dak Saturday night, the NY Yankees of college hockey improved to 1-6-1 on the year. Major props to Wisconsin!

Let's see here:
Goober McTuber wrote:We have great facilities, a tremendous fan base, excellent coaching, and a steady supply of players. Very few hockey programs out there as successful as Wisconsin’s.
And it took them eight games to finally win! Time to break out that champagne! Obviously money can't buy wins, but it sure helps to have it, right Rodent fan? Fucking losers. Who's going to win more games this season is the big question: Wisconsin football or hockey? What a fucking disgrace Madison is: The refuge for those who can't cut it in real life, professionally or personally. It's so easy to settle.
I've told you repeatedly, Screwball, this is a rebuilding year. Next year we win big. Hell, we win a few more conference games and we still might even make the tournament this year. Just on our tradition. And I believe we earned twice as many points this weekend as Western Michigan did.

As for your ridiculous rant about Madison, it’s consistently rated one of the top cities to live in. Unlike Kalamazoo or Washington DC or any other shithole where you’ve collected welfare. The UW attracts top students from all over the country, and after college they don’t want to leave. And you’re right, they settle. In Madison. And they settle for any job they can find. Our waiters are better educated than your lawyers.

Just have a couple more hits of extasy and STFU.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Blah blah fucking blah. Just because UW grads are unambitious, lazy pieces of shit doesn't make Madison a desirable place to live. There are more than a handful of places I'd rather live than Madison, unless I'm completely ready to give up on life. Then, once I'm feeling Tarddowen, I'll consider moving to your toxic wasteland of a city.

I'd rather live in fucking Boise than Madison. Hell, I'd rather live in the Pimlico neighborhood of Baltimore than Madison. Fucking pussies. BTW, nice lawyer blast, tard. Keep fucking dreaming.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screwball, I’m beginning to believe that you’ve moved on from extasy to LSD. You are one whack motherfucker.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

So, I flew a charter the other day and overheard some of the pax talking in the terminal while we were waiting for the other paxs. One of them was discussing Texas adding a Women's gymnastics program. The flip side was they would then be able to add another mens program. One guy was saying how hockey would be a good add, since the club team routinely sells out the 500 seat place they currently play in. Further, they already have an arena on campus with ice capability.

Is this realistic? Would a conference take them in?

Discuss.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Here are my initial thoughts:

1) How big is the arena that has ice capability? Are we talking about the Erwin Center? I'm assuming no, but on that same note, having a 500 capacity arena isn't going to cut it in the world of D-1 hockey. There are high schools that play in 500 capacity arenas. I'd say about even the most mediocre D-1 hockey programs pull an average of 1k per game.

2) Would Texas be satisfied with starting as an independent or joining a mid-tier league like the WCHA (j/k)? Because airfare is going to be an issue. Obviously airfare is tough for Huntsville, but they're also in a smaller league. And the Alaska schools had something ironed out before joining their respective leagues.

3) Expansion. The major leagues aren't about expanding right now.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The arena is where the Vollyeball team plays, Gregory Gym. Seats 4000 for volleyball, prolly 3500 or so for events when the ice is in use.

Airfare isn't an issue for Texas. Hell, the athletics dept there just made a 10 million gift to the academic side of the school. Two new programs are not going to put them in the red, no matter if the games are played in Hong Kong.

I can't answer the conference question.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Tejas should probably get a wrasslin program going before hockey. Big12 along with Big10 are wrasslin powers, make better sense as they could stay in Big12. If tejas has a wrasslin team, it would be first i have ever heard of it.

the school who needs to get its head out of its ass and bring back hockey is SLU. they had some good teams on the 70's as part of CCHA. Then one day they shut it down. Stupid Rev Biondi wont even talk about bringing back hockey. they were successful by bringing in Canadian players, while attaining a Top5 ranking, they could of built a solid program.

but St.Louis Blues changed owners, and also stop putting $ into SLU program and their affiliation with it changed and so SLU quit their program. shame. some good hockey talent in area. every other year the Junior St.Louis Blues win Nationals, while other teams win or place in nationals. When Biondi dies, i see some one pushing for SLU to get back into hockey mix.

St.Louis has a very solid Hockey base, Largest crowd to see a Frozen 4, was broken when it was in st.louis(was there, great time), broke it easily, and the big fan base schools(wisky,Michy,Minny,etc) didnt even make the frozen 4.

An Ice Breaker tourney will be hosted in st.louis soon( top 4 teams in country play a preseason tourney) and another frozen 4 bid. fans are here, SLU needs to get their heads out of their asses.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I don't see wrestling anytime soon. Until the local HS start to really get into the sport, don't look for Texas to add it.

Here in Ft Bend County (Houston Suburb) there are more kids playing hockey than wrestling by a large margin. Have to believe that is the case across the state in areas with a rink. Further hockey is blowing up in Texas as a whole and we have more professional teams than any other state.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Left Seater wrote:I don't see wrestling anytime soon. Until the local HS start to really get into the sport, don't look for Texas to add it.

Here in Ft Bend County (Houston Suburb) there are more kids playing hockey than wrestling by a large margin. Have to believe that is the case across the state in areas with a rink. Further hockey is blowing up in Texas as a whole and we have more professional teams than any other state.
psst u have 1 pro hockey team, stars

the rest are minor league, not pro
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:The arena is where the Vollyeball team plays, Gregory Gym. Seats 4000 for volleyball, prolly 3500 or so for events when the ice is in use.

Airfare isn't an issue for Texas. Hell, the athletics dept there just made a 10 million gift to the academic side of the school. Two new programs are not going to put them in the red, no matter if the games are played in Hong Kong.

I can't answer the conference question.
But airfare IS an issue for other schools, especially ones on the level with duluth, lake state, northern michigan, st. cloud, mankato, anchorage and fairbanks, etc. it's not as bad as going to alaska, but remember that the ccha and wcha made the alaska schools pay the airfare for opponents to come to alaska for conference games for 10 years.

i'm going to the craps game tonight, so i'll check in on this later. btw, adel is right about SLU. charter member of the ccha and it's sad they aren't still in the league.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Adelpiero wrote:
Left Seater wrote:I don't see wrestling anytime soon. Until the local HS start to really get into the sport, don't look for Texas to add it.

psst u have 1 pro hockey team, stars

the rest are minor league, not pro
still pro hockey, dumbass. just not the show.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I guess my take would be: could it happen? Absolutely. There were varsity programs in northern Arizona and Huntsville has been deece as a mid-level program for a while. But even more than swimming, hockey is a much larger expense and a much bigger risk. There are no local rivals for Texas, there are no teams within even a remote driving distance. Joining the WCHA would mean expanding to 11 teams.

I guess if Nebraska-Omaha can have a D1 team, so can Texas. But Omaha draws huge crowds, even for a currently mediocre program, and has had successful junior programs for a long time to build a foundation for. I think it might have to be another 10 years for Texas, but it is still possible and reasonable.

If you really want a dissection on this, go visit the board at uscho.com. This topic, i.e. "far out non traditional schools that could add hockey?" gets revisited and debated ad nauseum every season.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Don't care enough to debate it, just thought it was an interesting conversation to overhear.

In my book pro means you are getting paid for it, not just the highest level of the sport.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Don’t look now, Screwball, but Wisconsin’s won three in a row. Looks like the kids are starting to get their feet under them. Just think, in one weekend the Badgers earned as many points in conference play as Western Michigan has all year. Go fuck yourself, loser.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Another conference series split for Michigan but what is starting to become more and more clear with this team, Bryan Hogan should be the #1 goalie over the more experienced Billy Sauer. They've split the 12 games evenly so far...Hogan is 6-0 with a 2.22 GAA, .906 SV% and one shutout while Sauer is 2-4 with a 2.85 GAA and .893 SV%. I don't know if Red intends on going with the two goalie system but from my perspective, I don't know how Hogan shouldn't start getting both starts in a weekend series. The Wolverines have a key 4 week stretch coming up with two games at Miami next week, games against Wisconsin and Minnesota over Thanksgiving weekend, a home-and-home with Michigan State and then the GLI. I think Red needs to consider giving Hogan more starts to see if he's potentially the guy that can lead this team to another conference title and deeper run in the tournament.

RACK Caporusso on the hat trick at Lawson last night (sup Screw)
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey, Screwball, you’ve gotten awfully quiet lately. Bucky’s on a 5-game unbeaten streak, and playing at .500 in the conference. Might make it to the dance this year after all. Thank God you have Northern Michigan to shield your pathetic team from last place in their lower-tier conference.

Have a nice day, tardlet.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Hey, Screwball, you’ve gotten awfully quiet lately. Bucky’s on a 5-game unbeaten streak, and playing at .500 in the conference. Might make it to the dance this year after all. Thank God you have Northern Michigan to shield your pathetic team from last place in their lower-tier conference.

You're two games up on everyone in the league, only a matter of time until you'll be fighting for eighth place. And nice unbeaten streak against the bottom two teams in the league. Eat a fucking dick, tard. At least the Broncos have beat a top-10 opponent this season.

Shoalz, unfortunately for the Broncos, it's just too much to ask for good back to back performances. A big win on Friday on the road? Barely even show up the next night. Had friends who went to the game Sat, they said it was obviously disappointing, but not really surprising considering the state of Bronco hockey over the last four years.

Even worse, USCHO.com can't even get an arena reporter for the fucking BIG games. Jesus, people were fighting over that gig when I was in school.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Hey, Screwball, you’ve gotten awfully quiet lately. Bucky’s on a 5-game unbeaten streak, and playing at .500 in the conference. Might make it to the dance this year after all. Thank God you have Northern Michigan to shield your pathetic team from last place in their lower-tier conference.

You're two games up on everyone in the league, only a matter of time until you'll be fighting for eighth place. And nice unbeaten streak against the bottom two teams in the league.
Hey, if the Badgers beat the teams they should beat and split with the teams above them, they’ll make the tournament. Look at your conference standings, wanker. You wish you were in eighth place.